Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford GTHO?

I guess if you just want quick and easy power then supercharge it, but if u want a monster of an engine then modify it

Im too tired to think now, im off cyas
    coltyu. d;-)!

heard an old XR8 with supercharger today, just something about it sounds poor, dont like its whining constant sound... maybe its just me:S
    The Datto will rage again...

I was thinking if i ever had some money to buy a good car, Say about $48,000.
    (I really want my VYII Calais but)
    Anyway say i wanted something to do up a little, I would buy a VYI SS Supercharge it about 360KW. Do some Suspension work brakes and leave it at that

Soon they will have good mods for the SV6 so there is another one ?? Have a 260KW Alloytech190 change it to Alloytech260
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    I was thinking if i ever had some money to buy a good car, Say about $48,000.
    (I really want my VYII Calais but)
    Anyway say i wanted something to do up a little, I would buy a VYI SS Supercharge it about 360KW. Do some Suspension work brakes and leave it at that

Soon they will have good mods for the SV6 so there is another one ?? Have a 260KW Alloytech190 change it to Alloytech260
    motor produced a tuning magazine as a one off thing a while ago. in it they had a twin turbo monaro, which was producing a heap of power. i think they had it over 500kw at that stage, or something like that. the best part about it was, it looked completely standard from the outside.
    halo 2 - november 9

Thats the thing about the way they supercharge now, You would never know it was till it was reved up and left you for dead lol

yeah, although apparently you could tell at the lights when it was idling, that it wasnt a stock monaro
    halo 2 - november 9

yeah i got that mag, twin turbo 550kw or something, apparently with a pretty rough idle or something.......APS just released their twin turbo LS1 kit though and its rated between 400 and 700kw i think....theyre planning an BOSS kit apparently
    I am the Stig

If ford wanted to they could make a boss motor with internals and cam profiles suited to higher rpm applications, which would make alot more power.
    It is better to die for Lado than to live for yourself.

thats if ford wanted to/could be bothered. i think they'll leave that sort of stuff to the aftermarket tuners, seeing as pretty much everyone is fairly happy with the power boss is putting out at the moment.
    halo 2 - november 9

i wouldnt say theyre happy exactly, but happy enough, yes. one thing i think alot of people are pissed off with is all these claims of Ford's that they dont have much left in the BOSS before hving to do forced induction, yet now someone's gone out and gotten 400kw out of their GT-P with only bolt ons
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    i wouldnt say theyre happy exactly, but happy enough, yes. one thing i think alot of people are pissed off with is all these claims of Ford's that they dont have much left in the BOSS before hving to do forced induction, yet now someone's gone out and gotten 400kw out of their GT-P with only bolt ons
    yes thats a slight issue

although i think i'll wait to see how long it lasts at 400kw before making any assumptions. manufacturers do generally rate their engines lower than they can go, because that way they have far less problems with things breaking, and having to fix it under warranty
    halo 2 - november 9

Like CSV just tune there donks to get high power, they made a 302KW engine from just tunning it up, and wheels or Motor said it was there best by far, I have seen some 360KW Boss engines from similar things

I think alot of the success from CSV is from their ability to do some things HSV wouldnt get away with, whether it be offer a car thats a bit rougher in idle, or its suspension etc, they'd make less compromises between power and driveability i'd say.
    I am the Stig

CSV or HSV makes less compromises?
    The Datto will rage again...

CSV.....its just my opinion though considering the differences between the companies and their relationships to Holden
    I am the Stig

Thread Information