Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Which car do you HATE most?

Well volvo aus is trying to change thir image with the bloody volvo driver campagin showing people being a pain on the road and calling them bloody volvo drivers
    heres a sticker i got from the local volvo dealer for the add.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Well volvo aus is trying to change thir image with the bloody volvo driver campagin showing people being a pain on the road and calling them bloody volvo drivers
    heres a sticker i got from the local volvo dealer for the add.
    See that's the problem, they make being a pain in the arse in a Volvo be a virtue !!

The sticker should read learn the hughway code and keep your eyes open and THEN you can be a Volvo driver. More useful :-)

Maybey they should use a warning system like our Learners (using black and yellow plates) and P plates (using white and red plates) Im thinking a V plate in stand out fluro coulrs might be called for Me and my mate on our way back from job hunting handed over one of those stickers to an old couple in a 4x4 volvo of some decription and quickly disspared we thought it was funny

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Well the bodys are actually quite old allconsidering they share a lot in common with the 88 model VN. They arnt bad cars but i still much rathermy fords. Well the GTs are good cars and are a move in the right direction for ford. Where abouts are you from eyebrows?
    I'm australian, thats how i know bout the Falcon and yeh the new GT's are a step in the right direction unlike the AU falcon which was kinda a step backwards for ford but they seem too have bounced back with the Ba falcon.

It was agood step technology wise but to some peoples eyes it was as ugly as sin (its not too bad to me) But yeah their recovering with the BA and a v8 super car win really did help that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Volvo - ANY and EVERY Volvo.

Only because as a bike rider they are THE most dangerous drivers on the road. Every biker in the UK has either been hit or had a near miss with a Volvo driver who didn't look. The brand 'safety image' seems to extend build a belief that they are SO safe they don't need to look before moving out.

It's a biker -thing. I can't think of ANY car that I 'hate'.

I'd drive anything if it was the only car I could have !!
    That's a good point about bikers, and a very sound observation, particularly valid when these long nosed 244's came on the market. However, being a bike addict myself I can mention a few more brands that tend to neglect the existence of our lot, and you will not be surprised that they tend to come from Germany, driven by women or baseball capped juveniles. .

I do have a friend though who is much more capable bike rider but also a Volvo addict. How does that add up?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I do have a friend though who is much more capable bike rider but also a Volvo addict. How does that add up?
    There is always an exception to the rule, though I can't understand being a "Volvo addict", I personally find them to be very uninspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    There is always an exception to the rule, though I can't understand being a "Volvo addict", I personally find them to be very uninspiring.
    In 1999 I had an S70 as a rental car in Canada, which I quite liked, as i could take the family and two full sized suitcase and the rest of the luggage. Some people are attracted by the Volvo appeal of solidity.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    That's a good point about bikers, and a very sound observation, particularly valid when these long nosed 244's came on the market. However, being a bike addict myself I can mention a few more brands that tend to neglect the existence of our lot, and you will not be surprised that they tend to come from Germany, driven by women or baseball capped juveniles. .

It's probably a national thing, Henk.
    in the UK anyway they are a hazard.
    Volvo struggle to get rid of the flat-cap and granny image.
    Even having the rally 240s in the RAC didn't help - but they were good fun !!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Volvo struggle to get rid of the flat-cap and granny image.
    I think over here the 850 more or less accomplished that, and the S40/V40 is a very popular junior rep mobile. You think the efforts in the BTTC with the 850 Estate were not helpful either?

the most controversial

Ok, I hate too many brands out there. So let me tell you what I hate the most:

Toyota, Hyundai, GMC, Acura, Lexus, Infinity, Honda, Isuzu, Eagle Talon, Renault, Lada, Citroen, Peugeot (except 306 and 406 Coupé), Ford, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Saturn, VW (except Golf 4), Seat, Alpha Rmeo, Lancia, FIAT (what a shame), And others...
    My favorite brand is BMW, if you don't agree with that I just can say.... When you were younger I thing you have suffered...ha ha ha
    BMW for Life and Porsche for Fun
    Last edited by Swissbeatz; 01-12-2004 at 10:05 PM.
    Il me faut une caisse dans les 300 et le GPS

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    Porsche 996 Carrera 4 (for sale)
    2004 Mini Cooper
    Mercedes 2005 SLK 55 AMG (ordered)

Civic. 'Nuff said.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Swissbeatz
    Ok, I hate too many brands out there. So let me tell you what I hate the most:

Toyota, Hyundai, GMC, Acura, Lexus, Infinity, Honda, Isuzu, Eagle Talon, Renault, Lada, Citroen, Peugeot (except 306 and 406 Coupé), Ford, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Saturn, VW (except Golf 4), Seat, Alpha Rmeo, Lancia, FIAT (what a shame), And others...
    My favorite brand is BMW, if you don't agree with that I just can say.... When you were younger I thing you have suffered...ha ha ha
    BMW for Life and Porsche for Fun
    now i can see why you said you were the most hated forum member. you named all the major brands and said that you hate them. all of these brands have contributed to the history of automobiles, for example Ford developed the idea of mass production, and if it wasn't for VW you wouldn't even have Porsche. all i'm asking is for you to reconsider and look at more than just looks and performance, there's a whole lot of importance and history in your list.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    now i can see why you said you were the most hated forum member. you named all the major brands and said that you hate them. all of these brands have contributed to the history of automobiles, for example Ford developed the idea of mass production, and if it wasn't for VW you wouldn't even have Porsche. all i'm asking is for you to reconsider and look at more than just looks and performance, there's a whole lot of importance and history in your list.
    First Porsche is independant. They colaborate with VW but Vw doesn't own Porsche.
    Second, when you buy a car what do you look?? the history of the brand??? Hell no stop with that. Ford WAS a great brand but now they are just creting Bullshits. For me all these brands have have lost their personality. Sorry but that's my opinion
    Il me faut une caisse dans les 300 et le GPS

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    Porsche 996 Carrera 4 (for sale)
    2004 Mini Cooper
    Mercedes 2005 SLK 55 AMG (ordered)

Quote Originally Posted by Swissbeatz
    First Porsche is independant. They colaborate with VW but Vw doesn't own Porsche.
    Second, when you buy a car what do you look?? the history of the brand??? Hell no stop with that. Ford WAS a great brand but now they are just creting Bullshits. For me all these brands have have lost their personality. Sorry but that's my opinion
    Porsche was created by Ferdinand Porsche (the Starter of VW) as a sport version of the VW Beetle. Porsche was always independant from VW because Ferdindand Porsche sent his son, Ferdy Porsche to Stuttgart to run the Porsche company. as for hating all those brands fine, all i'm saying is that you don't have to condemn all those brands just because they made a few crappy cars, BMW is currently making a lot of ugly looking-cars via Chris Bangle, so I could say i hate BMW, even though I just hate there current cars looks (besides the Z4)
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Thread Information