Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Turbo Or Big Single????

lol i got it alright. but when is that guy gonna finish his project?

i would go buy experience

I've been to the nopi nationals in atlanta ga for the last 5 years, i've seen just about every big hp street car that is there and from experience on what i see. Everyone driving a monster street car not a full blown drag car including me haveing a single turbo roatry are trading in the twins for singles. If needed i can show pictures of over 1,000 supras and rx7 turbo cars with only one tubo mind you its huge but they are making between 500- 1000 hp witch is the max as far as drivabilty on the street. I will agree with egg in the fact that a nitrous and turbo setup is not reliable at all and the tuning is difficult all though there are some great tuners who can make it work. The best cost effective simple way to make big hp on the steet will always be single turbo design

I've been to the nopi nationals in atlanta ga for the last 5 years, i've seen just about every big hp street car that is there and from experience on what i see. Everyone driving a monster street car not a full blown drag car including me haveing a single turbo roatry are trading in the twins for singles. If needed i can show pictures of over 1,000 supras and rx7 turbo cars with only one tubo mind you its huge but they are making between 500- 1000 hp witch is the max as far as drivabilty on the street. I will agree with egg in the fact that a nitrous and turbo setup is not reliable at all and the tuning is difficult all though there are some great tuners who can make it work. The best cost effective simple way to make big hp on the steet will always be single turbo design
    what year is your 7? what turbo are you using? what other mods are you running? im running a single turbo(T04X) FD with basicaly all the BPU+ mods and im working on droping a ported pineapple built engine in and running 18-20psi. IMO anything over about 500-600hp on these cars isnt considered "streetable" sure you might be able to live with it but driving around town for a bit but the lag and off/on power from the turbo will get on your nerves real quick .
    yes you can make a nitrous and turbo setup reliable, you can make them just as reliable as a mild turbo setup provided you know what your doing. n2o isnt soe magic gas that detiriorates the internals of your engine at an accelerated rate if you set up a system with the right shot for your aplication your engine will last pretty much as long as it would without. the only truly hard part of seting up nitrous is installing a wet kit effectivly but on a street car most ppl shouldnt even worry about that. and generaly cost effective and big horsepower dont even belong in the same sentence if cost effective is what you want go nitrous if big horsepower is what you want well then build up your motor throw on a turbo or 2 then squirt some nitrous in the mix.
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

i saw Esprit tuner in japan mod a GTR to 720hp with 1 turbo while its competitor only make it sub 600 with twin turbo setup..

hey, what is the range of an electric boost controller? Can i set it to boost from anywhere between 0.3bar to 2bar depend on what i need?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverArrowZ
    i saw Esprit tuner in japan mod a GTR to 720hp with 1 turbo while its competitor only make it sub 600 with twin turbo setup..

hey, what is the range of an electric boost controller? Can i set it to boost from anywhere between 0.3bar to 2bar depend on what i need?
    well the two cars you're talking about may be being tuned for different purposes, its not only the turbo setup that determines max power or torque, the air/fuel mix ratio, compression ration, cam timing, exhaust and intake assemblies all must be taken into account. perhaps the twin turbo setup was tuned to give better low to mid engine response while the single was tuned for high rpm output. either way ... there is no way either of those engines can hold out doing that kinda power for very long, there must be some type of boost controller to regulate that thing

the company who do the 720hp skyline is reputated to make crazy horsepower out of that 2.8liter (modded) chunk. maybe they just want to keep their reputation. somehow the car isn't stable at cornering, to much horsie

what does Lol mean???

Quote Originally Posted by SilverArrowZ
    lol i got it alright. but when is that guy gonna finish his project?
    Im quite new to this net thing,sorry for my ignorance

laughing out loud, and this thread is so old its not funny

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Im quite new to this net thing,sorry for my ignorance
    At least you had the guts to asked. I never did. Just guessed. Wait till you have to work out LMAO LMFAO ROTFALMFAO etc.
    Im giving you rep (thats reputation points, kind of a credibility thing on the site though some would disagree) for honesty. Welcome to UCP, enjoy the ride.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    At least you had the guts to asked. I never did. Just guessed. Wait till you have to work out LMAO LMFAO ROTFALMFAO etc.
    Im giving you rep (thats reputation points, kind of a credibility thing on the site though some would disagree) for honesty. Welcome to UCP, enjoy the ride.
    Its not honesty I just a dumb ass any way thanks and by the way what are rep points,Im to dumb to use that FAQ.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Its not honesty I just a dumb ass any way thanks and by the way what are rep points,Im to dumb to use that FAQ.
    Fair enough, maybe you are, "(thats reputation points, kind of a credibility thing on the site though some would disagree)"
    Look in the panel on the left, you have 14 now.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

BMW have made a twin turbo system that has the turbos cut in at different times so there is a better torque range. And, being a rabid fan of the RS6, I'm always going to go for twin turbos! Then add some NOS just for kicks....

did you read the rest of this thread Audi?
    The Datto will rage again...

no i neva do, i jus post

i have already posted the uses of twin sequential turbos. its nothing new. its been used on supras and RX-7's for years
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Thread Information