Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite racing series

ambrose was supposed to have gone over to america and trialled NASCAR after rnd 8 this year as well, but he was saying that he enjoyed the thrill of the V8's so it would have had to be alot to convince him to stay there

Well NASCAR is actually bigger than f1 in america and it is an exctiting sport but as a mate of mine said once "nowdays whatching NASCAR is like rooting fat women both are fun but you dont tell your friends" He was american too but that really says alot on what "some" of the public think of it nowdays.

F1's not really big at all in america, so its not really a comparison thats saying how big exactly NASCAR is in the states. F1's more of a european motorsport i think. i can see how people get bored with it though, with the sport occupying about 2/3 of the weekends every year. the teams in the V8's are pretty flat out at 13 rounds, imagine them pushing 30 or so

And your forgetting that they have the busch series the equivilent to our konica v8s and i think they have a series under that also so youll be lucky to go a weekend without any NASCAR!

Ya see, in America, we watch NASCAR and NHRA because we find it entertaining. That's all really. From the way it looks F1 fans like to discuss everything about the sport. To tell ya the truth, I find F1 very boring to watch just because not as much action happens. there isn't much bumping and grinding like in NASCAR where the cars are very though and can take some good hits.
    If F1 ever came to the US to try one of ovals, many would say Daytone, Talledaga, or Indy right? I say Bristol. Bristol would be so fun for those guys I think they would die. I mean at bristol it's like 800bhp bumper cars, seriously!
    American Muscle: twice the cylinders, twice the awesome!

playing bumber cars in open-wheel racers sounds more like murder than fun to me

When open wheelers touch my gawd that would be scary and to think ur salesman doesnt think if its got doors it aint a true race car.

wait. re-phrase that. ok. We will put the drivers in a different car, make it an exibition race.
    American Muscle: twice the cylinders, twice the awesome!

I'm a big Nascar fan.

F1 : been obsessed for years, can't get over it.
    V8 Supercars : See above but to a lesser degree
    WRC : Just awesome being on the side of a hill, when McRae et al blast past at 150km/h...

wrc and f1 i reckon would have to be the hardest forms of motorsport out there, you'd need total driver control. id like to see if skaife could handle either of them, ambrose would be up for it, he was pursuing an f1 career before coming to v8's, same with lowndes imbetween driving for holden and ford

Ambrose and Lowndes now are a little to old now if they go back top europe to race (as both of them have) theyll have to re-establish them selves and assuming things go their way theyll have win a f3 race and sucsefully test before they even have a hope of getting a full time drive that would take all but 5 years nearly leving them in their 30s. And why do you think skaife is so sour he didnt get his dream to race f1 youd have to feel a little sorry for him but all three of them are over that now they are perfectly happy where they are (so i heard from several interviews with them) as for rally drivers the transition is hard but Colin Bond manged it i think he was the first one out their to win both a rally titel and a ATCC series champion and also the Bates brother were racing in the panasioncs Falcon (Mark Nokeys car) in the sand daown and theyll return for the mountain i havent seen them get great results on the mountain but i think they sure get a kick out of it.

im not tryin to be sour to skaife, just seeing whether he can live up to his reputation of being a control freak

I dont think youd be souring skaife at all the man is a perfectionest in himself and im dead certain itll spread to his team ownership im just wonderng how hell deal with the stresses of being an owner/driver though his record hasnt been to crash hot as compared to previous years he still is the only holden driver to win a round (and 2 at that) I think there will be an adjusting period itll take some getting used to and some people just arnt cut out for it.

well if u take ambrose out of the picture theres only been 2 ford drivers to win, and one of those was his teammate with ambrose finishing second

Thread Information