Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formula One 2005 season

Formula One 2005 season

So, the 2005 seasons looks to be a great one, and everybody seems to be approaching it with great anticipation. We have good reason to! Button joined the driver merry-go-round! Line-up for next year:

Williams have a completely new driver line up with Button and Webber,

Mclaren have a new 1st driver, Juan Pablo Montoya,

Renault have a new driver to partner Alonso; Giancarlo Fischicella,

BAR have their driver line up broken, so it looks as if either test driver Anthony Davidson or maybe Mika Hakkinen will replace Button.

Toyota have Ralf Schumacher and Jarno Trulli for next year,

Jaguar have Klien for next year, and possibly Coulthard to replace Webber,

Sauber no longer have fischicella,and peter sauber is in no rush to find a replacement, expect a young driver to replace him, as Sauber is known to recruit new blood into F1 (eg Kimi Raikkonen)

Jordan look set to keep Heidfeld and Giorgio Pantano,

Minardi may choose to keep Zsolt Baumgartner and Gianmaria Bruni, or any other drivers we havent heard of

Oh...how could I forget! Ferrari are the boring ones... Schumacher and Barrichello as usual!

So, to celebrate Buttons move to Williams and in preperation for next season, ive made a few changes to Buttons helmet and got him an early seat in the FW26
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CoTTerik; 08-07-2004 at 05:06 PM.

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    nice work there!

i think sauber petronas is stupid to keep recruiting new drivers... how the hell can they win the championship?!
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Lets hope it is more competitive

The main thing F1 fans are hoping for is competition. E.g. Who can get close enough to Ferrari to beat them. With driver switches happening and Ferrari not changing could mean the same Ferrari dominance. Why ? Well all the new drivers will have to become familiar with the new team, engineers and especially the car they will be driving. Lets hope they can compete.Also, not sure about the car spec changes. Could a team make a poor decision and suffer. E.g Ferrari could make a wrong decision and all of the sudden they are not the front runners anymore. This is what happened to Williams a few sessons ago. Lets hope we have 3-4 teams fighting for the title next year.

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckst4
    nice work there!

i think sauber petronas is stupid to keep recruiting new drivers... how the hell can they win the championship?!
    Well i dont think the world championship is what Sauber aim for
    Their aim is to finish ahead of Toyota and Jaguar, and make it to 6th place. They know themselves that they cant and wont challenge for the championship because their car is not capable. After all, they had Kimi Raikkonen but that still didnt make them a winning team. The only teams that challenge for the championship are Ferrari, Williams, Mclaren, Renault and BAR.

So its up to the less well-equipped teams to bring in young talent to the sport, so that we dont end up with old drivers in all the teams! Because once one retires, you need to replace him with new talent, and thats up to teams like Sauber.

nice work there!

They can't, but at least this way they get to stay in the game.

Without cheap or funded drivers Sauber couldn't afford to run the cars !!

So it's a simple choice each year .. do we want to race ? How much money do we have for the car ? What does that leave for the driver ? Who can we get for that amount
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

nice work there!

You think that if they will win with Fisichella and Massa?

Quite frankly, if the FIA's new cost cutting measures don't cut costs that much, I wouldn't expect to see Sauber, Jordan or Minardi lasting much longer.

There will be some mild interest in the form of Montoya and Raikkonen going head to head.
    I've never rated Montoya that highly, he seems to chuck the car about and hope for the best.
    I wouldn't say he is the better of Raikkonen, who is always willing to put up a fight and (shock! horror!) attempt overtaking moves.
    (Montoya sometimes attempts overtaking, but that usually involves him hitting the car he is trying to pass)

Apart from that :Yawn: What else is on?
    If the new regulations make much of a difference, i.e. make it exciting, I might tune in, if not I'm sure I can find something more entertaining to do.
    Thanks for all the fish

CuTTerik said :

BAR have their driver line up broken, so it looks as if either test driver Anthony Davidson or maybe Mika Hakkinen will replace Button.
    Do you really think Hakkinen could come back after several years out of competition? (well probably he kept some links with races)
    In my opinion i'm not sure he's able to keep an high level for F1.

Quote Originally Posted by biggysmalls
    Do you really think Hakkinen could come back after several years out of competition? (well probably he kept some links with races)
    Its not me who thinks that, its the press.Reportedly he is fighting fit and more than capable of getting back into an f1 car and performing, whether he will be able to fight for the championship again is another question, but i would like to see him back in the sport. This information is taken from itv-f1.com:

Mika Hakkinen could fill Jenson Button’s shoes at BAR, according to reports.

Hakkinen told Finland’s national broadcaster YLE that he was in talks about returning to the sport he last graced in 2001.

He said: "There is no smoke without fire.

"At this moment I do not want to comment more on the issue, especially as discussions around the BAR team are so hot.”

The Hakkinen-BAR link surfaced even before last night’s bombshell that Jenson Button would be leaving the Honda-powered team.

A BAR spokesman told Reuters that team boss David Richards was likely to meet Hakkinen socially at this weekend’s Finnish Rally.

Hakkinen had previously been linked with a move to Williams.

Hakkinen has only been out for 2 1/2 years.
    I don't know how well he'll perform, but you can't dismiss him without some sort of evidence.
    Thanks for all the fish

Hehe, nice 'chops'.

Come on big boys you can't imagine how hard it is to keep the level of the best even for the actual pilots...
    And even if his left ain't so far, the F1 has changed since he's gone, the cars behaviours have changed, the performances have changed.
    Moreover, Have i to remind you his level while he was racing with McLaren compared to Schumi 3 years ago???? : 5th at the championship with 37 points... Schumi? : 1st with 123 points...
    (i could accept you respond McLaren ain't so fine for 3 years...)

Moreover, Have i to remind you his level while he was racing with McLaren compared to Schumi 3 years ago???? : 5th at the championship with 37 points... Schumi? : 1st with 123 points...
    (i could accept you respond McLaren ain't so fine for 3 years...)
    One year where he was off, big deal, it happens to every driver.

Anyways hopefully next year will be more exciting and it should. I would love to see a return from Haikkonen, he was a great driver imo. Montoya and Raikkonen with McLaren should put up a good fight to Ferrari for the WCC, if McLaren puts out a good car.

I just hope it's more competitive next, that's all.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

i dont think Montoya will be Mclaren's 1st driver next season, RD should let JPM and KR race like Trulli and Alonso do atm, and then chose a 1st driver after that depending on their performances
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Kimi is my favorite for winning the championship next year.

Season dates announced.

19 race - wow, Schumi on for breaking an unreachable record then

Silverstone has a deal for 5 years ( but JYS and BRDA have to deliver ! )

The full 2005 calendar is as follows:
    March 06, Australia
    March 20, Malaysia
    April 03, Bahrain
    April 24, San Marino
    May 08, Spain
    May 22, Monaco
    May 29, Europe
    June 12, Canada
    June 19, USA
    July 03, France
    July 10, Britain
    July 24, Germany
    July 31, Hungary
    August 21, Turkey
    September 04, Italy
    September 11, Belgium
    September 25, Brazil
    October 09, Japan
    October 16, China
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information