Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: corvette Z06 v.s. viper srt-10

corvette Z06 v.s. viper srt-10

the stock viper can beat the stock corvette z06 easily, but the viper is more than 30k more than the corvette. plus the corvette handles better and can be modified to match viper performance for less.
    stock viper more straight line performance.
    stock corvette more handling performance, better price value

Lightbulb

Yes your right the vett is cheaper and if souped up can be just as good or better. BUT the dodge viper is and will always be the best. becous if you think about it the viper cost about 80,000 and the vett is 45,000 so by the time you soup it up the thing cost about ah i dont now probley 100,000. After you put a twin power in it and a full exost system then you put in every thing else in it that thing gets very freeken fast, but it is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNick
    Yes your right the vett is cheaper and if souped up can be just as good or better. BUT the dodge viper is and will always be the best. becous if you think about it the viper cost about 80,000 and the vett is 45,000 so by the time you soup it up the thing cost about ah i dont now probley 100,000. After you put a twin power in it and a full exost system then you put in every thing else in it that thing gets very freeken fast, but it is expensive.
    the vette is better looking IMO, plus the Z06 nearly matches the Vipers performance already not to mention that it handles better
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

I rather have the viper even though it costs more, for me it's more good looking and more unique

But the rumor and heresay is that the C6 Z06 is going to priced close to the current model and have 500hp. If this is true, then this could be quite a nice little battle. Guess we'll just have to wait patiently and see.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNick
    Yes your right the vett is cheaper and if souped up can be just as good or better. BUT the dodge viper is and will always be the best.
    actually the Viper is not and will not always be the best.

i'd take the Z06 as i believe it would be a more balanced car and the small block chev engine's been around for ages so theres plenty of mods available for it.
    I am the Stig

i would take the viper over the corvette anyday
    price doesn't bother me at all, i just would never buy a corvette

Viper looks better, faster, has more models, and more tuner options
    plus has you guys heard a corvette vs. the sound a viper makes
    V-10 all the way

Does anybody have numbers to back up the handling claim? The last road Vette vs. Viper Road Test I remember seeing was in Motor Trend, oh about 2000, it had a Viper GT-S (previous generation) versus whatever the top Vette was in 2000, plus the standard supercars, i.e. 911 Turbo, 360 Modena, a bunch of others. The biggest surprise of the test was the Viper's slalom and skidpad numbers, they beat all the other cars except the 911, and even that was close.
    I admit this data is quite old and a lot might have changed. I just wanted to point out that the Viper might not inherently handle worse than the Vette.

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    i would take the viper over the corvette anyday
    price doesn't bother me at all, i just would never buy a corvette

Viper looks better, faster, has more models, and more tuner options
    plus has you guys heard a corvette vs. the sound a viper makes
    V-10 all the way
    actually, the Corvette has more tuner options available for it, callaway Lingfelder, Avalate, Caravaggio and only Hennesy that i have heard of for the Viper, tell me more if there is any. and has more models, C5 coupe, C5 Convertible, Z06 Convertible, Z06 coupe, 50th Anniversary the viper has just one currently the SRT/10, plus the Corvette has been around for over 50 years which would mean even more models. plus the current Z06 is nearly as fast as the Viper SRT/10, not to mention that the C6 is going to be faster. sound and looks is your opinion which i have nothing against. but what abo9ut this customized Vette? it was on sale for about the same price as a Viper.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i thought the Z06 was classified as a hardtop not a coupe....
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    i thought the Z06 was classified as a hardtop not a coupe....
    i don't think it really matters, iv'e heard it called either one. But the correct term is hardtop, my mistake.

The newest Viper is almost as fast as the new Ford GT in slaloms, straight lines and skid pad, and has better braking, so I don't know why you're saying it doesn't handle as well. I think the viper is given a bad rep for handling because it doesn't come with traction control and is hard to drive if your not experienced. I do like the Viper better (mmm donuts) and I really think its handling is underestimated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    The newest Viper is almost as fast as the new Ford GT in slaloms, straight lines and skid pad, and has better braking, so I don't know why you're saying it doesn't handle as well. I think the viper is given a bad rep for handling because it doesn't come with traction control and is hard to drive if your not experienced. I do like the Viper better (mmm donuts) and I really think its handling is underestimated.
    i think they should do some serious comparative testing on the Z06 and the SRT/10, like you said; "the vipers handling is underestimated" and i don't doubt it. i think that the Z06 is probably better for someone to "handle" but the Viper might outperform the Z06 in actual steering, who knows?

are they going to make a coupe version of the viper shortly, because the convertable i not doing it for me completely...i still prefer the older one.
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

Thread Information