Thread: Politics - America ( was Why Americans like SUVs )

Politics - America ( was Why Americans like SUVs )

OK, new suggestion, when a thread gets way off track then pull the annoyign bit to a thread like this and let the original thread continue on main topic.

So this one is from the Why Americans like SUVs and the diversion it took into the American political system and a smattering of Michael Moore hate/love
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

How many people outside of America would like to see George W. Bush stay in power?
    Just out of interest.

Personally I don't know anyone who doesn't think of him as an imbacile.
    Like wise, I don't know anybody who doesn't think that Tony BLair is an imbacile either.

How he has managed do dodge all of the flak from the Hutton report etc, I'll never know.
    Thanks for all the fish

I'm confused, are we gonna talk about SUVs or politics on this thread?

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I'm confused, are we gonna talk about SUVs or politics on this thread?

Taz.
    Sorry taz, I tried to explain - it made sense to me

The title of THIS thread is POLITICS with subitle of WAS why americans like SUVs.

So it's politics here and anyone thinking of posting political comment in "Americans like SUVs" will get their wrists slapped

Now here it can be pretty much anything coz the other threads had sidelines covering UN, Iraq, Bush, Blair, the French, the Europeans and oh don't forget Michael Moore
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

moore rocks!!!

cant wait to watch fareneit 9/11
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by The Tuner
    moore rocks!!!

cant wait to watch fareneit 9/11
    he's a bit full of himself and his own importance.

Youi also need to see the movie ABOUT Michael Moore some Canadian's made. It's great, Moore acts EXACTLY like the people in HIS movies when approached to answer questions. I don't think he gets the irony

wats the name of tht movie?
    i wana watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tuner
    wats the name of tht movie?
    i wana watch it.
    Go here and learn .... http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com/

Exceprts were shown on tv over here.

It was 'challenging' and showed how Moore's got too full of himself !!
    I'm waiting to see all of it and hoep it's as good as the clips previewd

OK.

I personally do not like either candidate for the Presidential race, it's kind of like choosing the lesser of two evils. My nod would go to Kerry, even though he may not be quite as authroratititive.

Michael Moore, although percieved as a saviour of america, ain't. My mother made the very good point of saying that all he does is expose the parts of corporate/political America that is casually unmentioned by companies/administrations, or often very hidden. He does pick and choose information though......

I have to give Bush credit for being a Teflon president, he managed to cover his own ass so well that whenever things go pear-shaped, he can blame someone else, or someone is willing to take the fall. Good luck to him winning the next election, judging by Certain factions within the US, he isin with a serious chance.

In unrelated matters, I have been reading Animal farm recently and i have found it quite interesting. What are your thoughts on the book?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows

I have to give Bush credit for being a Teflon president, he managed to cover his own ass so well that whenever things go pear-shaped, he can blame someone else, or someone is willing to take the fall. Good luck to him winning the next election, judging by Certain factions within the US, he isin with a serious chance.

In unrelated matters, I have been reading Animal farm recently and i have found it quite interesting. What are your thoughts on the book?

i duno abt him winning the next elections, but u def rite abt him being good at coverin his ass...

n animal farm is AMAZING!!! anyone who hasnt read it n hs jus the smallest bit of interest in politics n all HAS to read tht book. even if u arent into politics but jus enjoy a good read, i strongly recommend tht book.

orwell's other book is perhaps even more amazing: 1984. (i jus woke up, so tht name mte be wrong...tho im pretty sure i got it rite.) its long n detailed, but it is soo well written...he makes up a whole new form of english, which he also xplains in the back of the book. jus tht is amazin enuff. if u got the time, u gota read it...ul never look at the world the same way again.

Thread Information