Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • 04 WRX STi

66 51.97%
  • 03 EVO VIII

61 48.03%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WRX STi vs. EVO VIII

umm yeah...get a lancer evo......kinda better.....but still im tellin u dont waste your money on these cars...just go and get a nissan skyline r34.....the handlings way better, the speeds way better and even the looks are better.
    Oh, Oh! i've got an idea!!! how about a Bugatti veyron V.S a nissan skyline. the skylines better because........................................... ................................................
    r34_296kw, hey maybe this guy could be the next chevy_sucks or guyt_x.

anyway, i like the rugged looks of the lancer more than the subaru, i'm not big on subaru or mitsubishi anyway.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Dude, it is a fifty-fifty split!!!

Yeah I'll help

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Well I give up. Anyone else want to try?
    Egg nog is a dweeb. What can you say? I daresay he is barely out of puberty and hense doesnt even own a car let alone an evo, a rex or an R34. Who, with any form of intelligence, has ever called mitsubishi "bishi" before. Christ he sounds like he's 3. Lets face it eggnog, R34's are great cars, but don't even come close to belonging in the shadow of an evo VIII or an STI.
    On the forum, I personally would choose the EVO, because well it seems to me that everyone with enough money owns a WRX anyway, and well you see a rex and think "oh, another rex" you look at th evo viii and they seem to stare back and say, "what the hell are you looking at? F*ck off, I'm an evo"!!! There you are.

your obviously new to the forums cause your not realising the result of saying things like that about a respected forum meber such as Egg Nog
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by junoskinner
    Egg nog is a dweeb. What can you say? I daresay he is barely out of puberty and hense doesnt even own a car let alone an evo, a rex or an R34. Who, with any form of intelligence, has ever called mitsubishi "bishi" before. Christ he sounds like he's 3. Lets face it eggnog, R34's are great cars, but don't even come close to belonging in the shadow of an evo VIII or an STI.
    On the forum, I personally would choose the EVO, because well it seems to me that everyone with enough money owns a WRX anyway, and well you see a rex and think "oh, another rex" you look at th evo viii and they seem to stare back and say, "what the hell are you looking at? F*ck off, I'm an evo"!!! There you are.
    Thanks man, your maturity and logic are always welcomed.

I'm not going to bother rebutting, because I don't really understand most of the emnity that you seem to have for me. I'm not going to delete this post, because that's censorship.

I'm impressed that you're one of seemingly few users who actually took the time to write something more than 5 or 6 words long. Anyway, I never said that the Skyline wasn't a great car. I just posted statistics that I'd found; some actual subtance to base my claims on, as I've never driven any of the three, and therefore can't offer that perspective. Is there something wrong with that?

Ta-da... wow, posting without needless, irrelevent hatred.

Anyway, at least UCP's got itself another user. Welcome to the forums, see you around the boards.

retarded.

I apologize by comparing this thread with the mentally handicapped, i hope they don't feel insulted.

I just read and discovered the Sti had 300 horses...yeah i didn't know. I think it looks gorgeous. The evo probably would have been my choice compared with a stock wrx, but the sti is tits.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Wow such ignorence this guys lowring the forum here.
    And as for the subaru i recently drove a 02 model (not the exact subject but itll be similar) for work (the subaru section detailer was off sick and i got to handel some of his orders) and it was a fun drive it was quick it stuck to the road (despite the fact i couldent feel it though the stearing wheel) and it sure did pull a lot more attention then the BMWs i drive around the place. I enjoyed the drive and would happily own one...in say 10 years time when the price is more to my satisfaction. I aksed the salesman from the sube dealer how much it was worth and he said about as much as a basic BMW.

it mustve been a liberty then cause impreza's go from just under $30K to about $55K for the STI and the basic 318ti starts just under the $57K luxury car tax barrier. i think a new liberty wouldve been even better still to drive though
    I am the Stig

He was refering to the bland cars in the used dealership...i should of mentiond that my bad...well anyways i have driven a liberty too it was quite a nice drive and ive posted this in here as welleventhough the rubber floor mats and other such features were tacky they were easy to clean and seemed quite resliant to being damaged....if they wernt worth a hell of a lot (45k the model i drove) i would of willingly taken itoff road if i ownedone.
    And if you want bland try a 316 ti without leather $43,750 very uninspiring car...of course they all are untill the 330 but still the au impresses more to be honest.

Where is the love eh? Don't you think that you need to do a LITTLE research before you go off on one about Egg Nog who is one of the most well liked, smart, and friendly guys on the fourm. Calling someone a "dweeb" in your first post seems a little excessive. Did you joint this Fourm to talk about our shared passion for cars or to post usless off-topic hate speech. You say that Egg Nog doesn't own a car and is barely out of puberty. Well he actually owns an extremly rare car here in B.C. the Porsche 914 2.0 which he has spent over a year restoring by himself with a little help from your truly and a few others. And he turns 18 in a few days the 26th I think so he is well out of puberty. Really he is a great guy and a good friend, a little too left wing for my taste but still he ranks up there as far as go to guys for car know-how is concerned. Not to mention he has a good paying job and his girl is mighty hot so he is really a sucessful person who devotes hours of time to this fourm making sure everything runs smoothly and ensuring idiots like you don't contaminate the fourms. So to you good Sir I say Bad Fourm! -1
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by mechanixfetch
    Where is the love eh? Don't you think that you need to do a LITTLE research before you go off on one about Egg Nog who is one of the most well liked, smart, and friendly guys on the fourm. Calling someone a "dweeb" in your first post seems a little excessive. Did you joint this Fourm to talk about our shared passion for cars or to post usless off-topic hate speech. You say that Egg Nog doesn't own a car and is barely out of puberty. Well he actually owns an extremly rare car here in B.C. the Porsche 914 2.0 which he has spent over a year restoring by himself with a little help from your truly and a few others. And he turns 18 in a few days the 26th I think so he is well out of puberty. Really he is a great guy and a good friend, a little too left wing for my taste but still he ranks up there as far as go to guys for car know-how is concerned. Not to mention he has a good paying job and his girl is mighty hot so he is really a sucessful person who devotes hours of time to this fourm making sure everything runs smoothly and ensuring idiots like you don't contaminate the fourms. So to you good Sir I say Bad Fourm! -1
    Dude, totally +1

Thanks man, I mean it.

Actually, Egg Nog was not the one originally posting those comments, it was another user who seems to have since been banned..

Regarding the original post, I'm not sure which one I would pick, I really haven't seen enough of the EVO to make an informed decision..

Oh dear! You have attributed my comments that you quoted to being directed at EggNog. They were directed at R34_296kw who started out as a real tosser, developed into someone who tried hard to be human, but ultimately fell foul of the dark side. You to are travelling the very same path.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Well he only has one post i think wemade him fell sooo welcome here.....probly just saved us the trouble of banning him later

Wrx

undefined Having a WRX Iam of course not going to go with the EVO but I want to add they both have there goods and bads ~ The water injection system on the Evo has the water under the hood which keeps the water hot. The STi keeps the water in the trunk.I found the best way to keep the water cold is to simply add ice just like people put on there innercoolers- since everyone usually meets at 7-11 i just go get a cup of ice and add it before we take off. The shifting of the EVO ( test drove before i went with wrx ) isn't the greatest and the AWD system doesnt come close to subaru ~ basiclly for the price driving the evo and owning the wrx ~ the Evo feels cheaper ~ that and a few other things is the reason I went with the WRX ~ The Evo is pretty though but Iam going to stick with the WRX ~ Well the EVo gets its ass whipped every year by the WRX in the rally circuit. But Im going to say get the WRX !!!!!

Thread Information