Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Corvette Z06, or Dodge Viper SRT-10?

ok, thanx for getting back onto what i need........but.....i still havent heard many reasons to actually go with the vette........mostly reasons to love or hate the viper. please, all i need is a few more reasons for/against the vette, for my friends to hear......and no more about other cars/upgraded cars.......a standard c5 z06 corvette vs a standard srt-10 viper. i dont care about price either, just what they are capable of

I imagine that the new Z06 will be the hard top again just like the current Z06, as far as I know, current Viper doesn't have any kind of top available. So it's basically a "sunny day" car only, but you can drive the Z06 in the rain and not get wet.

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

OK, here is the relevant answer you've been looking for. The C5 Z06 will get smoked in a drag race with the viper, if that's what you care about, the viper wins. On a road course, I do believe the more well-balanced and rigid Z06 would win, so if turns are your bag, go vette. For a daily driver, from what I understand, the Vette is easily a daily driver, whilst the hot side exhaust viper is not so much. Hope I've been helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    It never truly HAD a truck engine, it was just the block.

If it had just the block, then why do I keep hearing it had a truck engine.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Because look who your hearing it from...People bashing on the Viper, or people who are simply biased.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Bias.

Yes the dimensions came from a truck engine, but the block was developed and mnaufactured by Lamborghini. To call it a truck engine is like calling a Lotus Climax a water pump ( the original Coventry engine company manufactured lightweight waterpumps for the fire service in the UK )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

F1, did you know the ford gt has the same block as the ford lightening, that doesn't mean that they are the same engine.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Just To Clarify

The 10L Mustang he is referring to is actually the 1994 Boss 429 Concept Mustang. It started out with a '94 Mustang Body, and a newer version of the Boss 429 Engine. Engine displacement ended up at 630ci. The car is a concept and was never intended for production.

As For the Viper vs. Corvette thing, Im gonna stay out of it because i prefer a much more practical Mustang to both of these cars.

The Mustang is only cheaper. As many people have said before the Corvette is a good daily driver and has a good (not huge) sized trunk therefore it is actually quite practical (unless you have kids).

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    F1, did you know the ford gt has the same block as the ford lightening, that doesn't mean that they are the same engine.
    Ah ok...

Sorry, I'm when it comes to talking engine blocks.

My apologies.

Matra,

Do you have any site linking evidence that the Vipers block was made by Lambo?, because I never heard of this. The Original Viper was a 8.0L and was bumped up to 8.3 in recent years.
    Oh, and the z06 is better, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta
    Matra,

Do you have any site linking evidence that the Vipers block was made by Lambo?, because I never heard of this. The Original Viper was a 8.0L and was bumped up to 8.3 in recent years.
    Oh, and the z06 is better, in my opinion.
    You realise a simple google on viper lamborghini and engine woudl turn up dozens
    http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5Xa...ki/Dodge_Viper
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The Z06, hands down.

Dodge viper any day

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    You realise a simple google on viper lamborghini and engine woudl turn up dozens
    http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5Xa...ki/Dodge_Viper
    chrysler originaly intended the motor to be built by lamborghini, but halfway thru the project was canceled suposedly due to cost and other factors. and the motor that finally made production was one designed and built by dodges PVO team. the original motor was beased off of the V10 used in dodges trucks but after the lamorghini's try at the project dodge built a dedicated motor with some simularities to the original engine. but basically, its not a dodge truck motor powering the viper...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Thread Information