2 40.00%
  • HOLDEN

2 40.00%
  • SKYLINE

1 20.00%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FORD vs HOLDEN vs SKYLINE

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    have u heard all the fuss over the government wanting to ban alcohol advertising with the v8's?
    That is a typical populist move by our governments. They think that no one will argue that alchohol should not be associated with driving, where that is not the issue. To intimate that the public are so stupid that they think that alchohol advertising on race cars logically means that racing or driving and alchohol are an acceptable mix, is a simplistic easy way out to pay lip service to road safety. Most govenrment policy towards road safety is the same. With the obscene amount of revenue all govenrments now recieve from revenue cameras they would subsidise driver training courses and build better roads if they were serious.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

how cum neil crompton became a comentator, he was playin around with ftr and oo motorsport for the last couple of years (which ironically the best 2 drivers from those teams then teamed up this year). didnt he like the stress of the sport or sumtin

He has been a commentator bfore. Fact is he' s better at talking than racing. He seems to be the perrenial non finisher.

it'd be interesting to see how many people DNF bathurst this year compared to last year, with the new points system. last year even ambrose bailed out

Oh do try to be fair Cromly has been around for a hell of a long time.he was born in 1960 that makes him 43 which is a little early but around the time most retier and even though you might view him an ordinary racer hes been their and done thats hes raced Cart and south american touring cars and hes also won the 94 bathurst 12 hour,3rd Gmc canberra 2000,3rd 97 north american touring car championship,3rd 92,95 bathurst 1000 and 3rd in the ATCC in 89 and thats just at a glance!

You know your stuff. I only know what I see and I have seen him do the rounds of a few teams over the years with limited success. Good luck to him. He's having fun.

channel 10 would be glad to have him as a commentator, being able to describe the races with that special touch cause hes been ther and done it

Well thank you crisis ive been following racing for a long time and when i finish school i will love to try my hand at competing starting from the bottom Hillclimbs and motorkana and trying to claw my way up the only problem i didnt have the head start that some people with money have. But anywyas notice how even when i was talking shit about paul moorris? I never said he was a shit driver i just said it pisses me off when he blocks and does stupid things the reason is even the people who seem like the worst racers on the track have worked their ways up there through skill and hard work (and nowdays money) a position i would dream about achieving one day even if i do seem like the worst person out there. Maybey i could race some of the people i gre up whatching too

how many drivers today do u reckon r gunna have their kids racin with them in the next couple of years, like Dick and Steven Johnson, or Bo and Glen Seton

WEll larry perkins's son is begging with Go-karts hes like 16. Peter Brocks son was unsecessfully driving the Ultra Tune commodore and now races Brutes to a much higher degree of sucsess. And a lot of the drivers are also having girls so maybey if they do join up itll be the start of a new trend?

Money money money. Or start racing carts now. My mate started formula V's probably 10- 15 years and is now racing club cars. He owns, or owned his own business which helped but he still needed plenty of sponsors. He is pretty succesful which comes down mostly to ability in formula V and some in club cars as he is up against rotaries and small turbos. It aint easy . Good luck!

its a pretty expensive business compared to the money the drivers get out of it

Most grades get nothing.

out of all the racing classes you know of crisis, which would u choose to race in, takin into account things like cost of running as well as the experience of it all. my choice would be nations cup or gt-p i think

Well at the moment looks like my car ill use in competition in the hill climbs and motorkana (good classes to hone skills in) will either be a datsun sunny with a 1400 dont with a cortia turbocharger hanging off the side with a suck trhough webber hagning off it either that or an automatic XY falcon 500 with a 302 windsor (both will take almost equal amounts of money to set up) and i would be happy as a pig in shit if i could say get into GT-p or nations cup or even super sedan but v8s would send me over the moon! i think gt-p looks like more a realistic goal.

Thread Information