Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3 favorite German car makers

Talking Re: Thank you SL500 !!

Originally posted by Misho
    I really wanna thank SL500 for the amazing pics he posts in most of the threads he participates in. Your choice of pics is one thing I can't disagree with you on !! Keep up the good work !
    thanx,i have 3300 pics in my pc

Re: Re: Thank you SL500 !!

Originally posted by SL500
    thanx,i have 3300 pics in my pc
    kool !!

i have 5 gigs of car videos !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Re: Re: Re: Thank you SL500 !!

kool !!

i have 5 gigs of car videos !!
    Great
    i have only 28 mgs car videos!!!!!!!!!

What I meant is that if you had two identical cars, one korean and the other swiss, then many people will go for the swiss. And we dont need to go into hypothetical assumptions to prove this. Just look at the current car market and you will understand what i mean. The only way Korean car makers can sell their cars (especially in N.America) is by giving their cars tons of more options AND making them cheaper than their competitors. Even still, they can't seem to be able to out-sell the competitors in any market segment.
    If the swiss and the korean car were technically identical, the price difference would be at least in the order of 20-30%, so the average car buyer needs to be quite snobistic to go for the Swiss car. Actually what you describe about market penetration policies is quite valid for Europe as well and they are getting more and more success. It is the same way the Japanese started during the sixties to get their share of the market, and I think you will agree that they are here to stay.
    If you allow me to draw a parallel with the shipbuilding industry, in the USA (and Canada) commercial shipbuilding has disappeared totally, Western Europe is struggling to maintain a 10% market share, while also China is getting to about that amount. Other countries don't add up to over 5% which means that together Japan and Korea have a market share of over 75%. Imagine that less than 30 years ago Korea had a share of less than 0.5%. This has been a matter of determination (and state support) but qualitywise there is nothing wrong with Korean ships. I might not be around 30 years from now, but I am ready to bet my 2 cents on a quite substantial global market share for the Korean car industry, with China strongly emerging. It is all a matter of economics, we have simply become too expensive. Even if you would like to follow your patriotic instincts, finally the amount of money in your wallet will decide what to buy.

favourite german constructors

1. Porsche

2. Mercedes

3. Audi
    Attached Images Attached Images

[list=1][*]Mercedes[*]Porsche[*]BMW[/list=1]

1. BMW
    2. Mercedes Benz
    3. Porsche
    In Victoria and looking for a Mercedes Benz? Buy from Mercedes Benz of Melbourne!!!

[
    1: BMW
    2: BMW
    3: BMW

FORever no mater what
    LOOK AT THIS PICTUR AND TELL WHAT IF BMW REALY DESIGN THIS CAR WOULD YOU BUY IT??
    OFF COURS

hum...

1. Porsche
    2. Benz
    3. BMW
    376. VW

lol

The Porsche GT and the Benz SLR Mclaren r unbeatable cars... and bmw is just cool

Originally posted by white devil
    [

FORever no mater what
    LOOK AT THIS PICTUR AND TELL WHAT IF BMW REALY DESIGN THIS CAR WOULD YOU BUY IT??
    OFF COURS
    1.bmw
    2.bmw
    3.bmw????????????
    i haven't ever seen people like you.
    and that car is only a design(sketch) on papers
    your answer:!!!!!!!!!!!!!NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by white devil
    [

FORever no mater what
    OFF COURS
    This design is the new M2,after old M1(great car,designed by Giugiaro)not the future M3,after M3 is M4
    this pic

1. Porsche
    2. VW
    3. Audi

OK Henk4, i gotta admit that you're sounding a bit different than most people on this point. There is nothing such a chinese ford or an american toyota, at least thats what I and many other people think. I can see your point and understand your rational, but i don't think its enough to convince most people.

As for judging cars based on quality and not origin, you are 100% correct. Although remember that origin-based judging has been established through years and years of experience and most people cannot simply forget that easily. Plus, a proper car maker should maintain the same level of quality control regardless of factory location, although that doesn't happen in many cases today.

Most people will still not buy a Kia just coz its Korean. While if a swiss car maker comes out of nowhere and starts producing cars in Geneve with absolutely no experience in the industry, people will still buy it coz its Swiss !!
    Maybe another way to define a cars origin is if it is a design unique to that country. Holden may be owned by GM but a Commodore is Australian designed and manufactured. Before we all get too hung up on what constitutes an American/Australian/German car, remember that most cars contain components from many different sources. ie instrumentation, suspension, seats, interiors, gearboxes etc. Further to this it is interesting that a Mercedes M class is built in Mexico and a Jeep Cherokee is built in Austria.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by SL500
    man,GEMBALLA is great
    Goddamn!!
    this pic is ****ing cool!!!!
    I Love These Races!!!
    www.insideracing.com.br
    The 56th member of this Forum.

Originally posted by piledriver
    Goddamn!!
    this pic is ****ing cool!!!!