Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Worst Bestseller

Ive just got a couple of things to add before i shut up

1) I might be talking like some of the americans in that thread because maybe they dont like being talked about asif the inferior race. And what you were saying makes it seem that because 1 British car is bad then all of them are.

2) You dont get my point about the Nazis ... the brand Volkswagen was started by the Nazis and Hitler to offer Germans a better life. Volkswagen translated is something like Peoples Mobile (the peoples being Germans). I wasnt calling the Germans Nazi's. This is the sort of stuff Im learning for my GCSE's so I have to know about this.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Ive just got a couple of things to add before i shut up

1) I might be talking like some of the americans in that thread because maybe they dont like being talked about asif the inferior race. And what you were saying makes it seem that because 1 British car is bad then all of them are.

2) You dont get my point about the Nazis ... the brand Volkswagen was started by the Nazis and Hitler to offer Germans a better life. Volkswagen translated is something like Peoples Mobile (the peoples being Germans). I wasnt calling the Germans Nazi's. This is the sort of stuff Im learning for my GCSE's so I have to know about this.
    Volkswagen means : Car for the people, it was developed during the Nazi period by Dr. Ferdinand Porsche of which we have heard a lot of things later. What you said was that because it was given by the Nazi's the build quality was low. That was a poorly substantiated remark

If you really think that I consider the Brits an inferior race because they can produce an inferior car like the Allegro then you are making the wrong connections. If your original post had been sent by somebody from France I probably would have made a remark about the build quality of French cars. It just so happened that you are from the other side of the North Sea.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I also think it's the Trabant.

It's ugly as hell, partly produced of paper, sounds like a handfull of big grasshoppers in a tin and in the DDR (East Germany until 1989) you had to wait 15 years for your car after ordering....... no joke!
    Attached Images Attached Images

1940's VW Beetle (It was sold cheap to Germans by the Nazis which meant there was no build quality )

dont take this the rong way, but the betlle is one of the symbols of the car industry and i think almost everyone of us would like to have one in our car collection.

When did I say the Beetle was bad? I want one as my first car so you cant exactly say that I hate them. And when did I ever make the statment that because Nazis were involved it was bad? Im not talking about the same Beetle as you. Im talking about the one mass-produced during the war that was scrapped for a better design after the war. I am not willing to have this argument if you are gonna get the wrong end of the stick. Im entitled to an opinion and you disagree with my opinion ... next time dont say that because Im british you have the right to mock me because I come from the same country as the failed dictator of the car world, British Leyland. I apoligise for anything Ive said but I just dont think its right to bring in someones country because you dont agree with someone. Lets call it a truce

the beetle isn't bad. It was known to last forever.

When did I say the Beetle was bad?
    In your first post.
    The first car you are now saying to refer to failed to meet this thread's lower limit of 500.000 cars produced. That why we all assumed you were talking about the THE Beetle.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It did reach 500,000 units. Im not going to reply to this thread again because I offered an apology but you carried on.

Edit : And if you read my 1st post properly I said 1940's Beetle
    Last edited by :Exige:; 08-25-2004 at 10:07 AM.

It did reach 500,000 units. Im not going to reply to this thread again because I offered an apology but you carried on.

Edit : And if you read my 1st post properly I said 1940's Beetle
    Look I am just trying to tell you what happened. The Beetle as we know it today was introduced in 1936, and factories were made to start mass production of the car. Then (1939) the war intervened and the Volkswagen had to produce the Kuebelwagen. After the end of the war the production of the Beetle got into gear, with the main external difference to the prewar model was the presence of the split rear window. The prewar version had no window at all.

I am not sure what you actually apologised for, so I did not know what to accept, but as far as I am concerned, no hard feelings.

yes and tthe aircooled Beetle was still produced in Mexico and Production was ceased just recently to let the New beetle take over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    .... After the end of the war the production of the Beetle got into gear, with the main external difference to the prewar model was the presence of the split rear window.
    and the person responsible for getting the factory open and production restarted was a British army Captain - so it's the Brits to blame
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    dont take this the rong way, but the betlle is one of the symbols of the car industry and i think almost everyone of us would like to have one in our car collection.
    Not me man!!! I hate the damn thing, I just drove a 1994 model yesterday. Noisy, slow, uncomfortable, UGLY, notchiest shifter on the planet and really bad brakes!!! I'm glad they stopped making them.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Not me man!!! I hate the damn thing, I just drove a 1994 model yesterday. Noisy, slow, uncomfortable, UGLY, notchiest shifter on the planet and really bad brakes!!! I'm glad they stopped making them.
    As you're in Mexico, the reason for most of the above is the lack of a decent (ANY?) service since it left the factory !!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    and the person responsible for getting the factory open and production restarted was a British army Captain - so it's the Brits to blame
    OMG now you will be banned by Exige

You couldn't really say the Trabant was a best seller, considering their really was no other choice, and when their was, the Trabant was utterly disowned.

A good australian car to add to this is the Holden Camira, Great driver, but really shoddily built, and so the car was disowned, even when it became a decent car.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information