Thread: lingenfelter questions

lingenfelter questions

ok, basically, this thread will be for the questions i have about corvette and/or lingenfelter specifics. why? i get the honor of "lingenfelterizing" a friends dads new vette that he will buy sometime in the near future
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

to start off with my first question. its an ls2, but he doesnt want a normal old kit. he wants each part picked (annoyingly). first thing im thinking about because of how few ls2 parts lingenfelter has up, is an engine conversion/switch. i can spend max on the whole lingenfelter/other upgrades parts about 50k, maybe it can be stressed to 53k. any good engine ideas? i see alot of ls6/ls1 stuff, also lt1s, and lt5s. dont worry, an engine switch is not neccasary, just want ideas

Wait for a couple months and then go for it. Or take a look at a different aftermarket manufacturer
    GO CANADA
    37 Courageous RCSCC
    Retired Chief Petty Officer First Class

Does he have a reason for picking each of the parts? APS just released a kit here for the LS1 capable of between 400-700kw easily, and talking to the guy that runs the company, theyre pretty similar to the Lingenfelter LS1 kits apparently. The basic kit for them is around the $AUD10K mark, so add another $AUD10K upgrading the engine internals and your left with heaps to go on the driveline
    I am the Stig

Ligenfelter does a lot more than just "kits". They can and will custom build engines for you, if your wallet is deep enough
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

i have at most a little under 10k to work with (like 7-8k), so no custom things sadly. the guy wants custom parts cause he just wants something that will probably never be replicated, even tho thats almost impossible as it will be all low area parts. also, fpv, the c6 has an ls2, would that still work? if so, then my life just got alot easier!

Dont really know. It would depend how different the exterior dimensions are between the LS1 and LS2, theyve both still got the centre, front mounted throttle body, dont know how the exhaust ports line up. As far as i know, the LS2 had more internal changes than external, either way i think the guys at APS would be looking at how compatible the LS1 kits are
    I am the Stig

Dont bother replacing the LS2, thats kinda a stupid idea. Its all around better than the LS1.
    Just for starters get headers and exhaust.
    And, yes, like above stated youll just have to wait a while, the LS2 is really new, and parts are being made so be patient.
    Here, you can look around this forum for some info LS1Tech(in the LS2 forum)
    If you want to register everyone there is really nice and helpful, but just search around for a while and see what you can come up with.

EDIT: Im sure if your friend just contacted LPE that they would gladly work something out. Like I bet they'd make up a TT setup for him.

Remember that 1000+hp TT LS2 C6 some guy had a video of before? Try and find out where he got that done.
    Last edited by Slicks; 01-07-2005 at 10:33 AM.

Thread Information