Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems after "switch"

Problems after "switch"

I think UCP has made too many changes.

I notived that now we can upload bitmap images on to UCP, the problem is if i save a cool pic i have to change it to a jpeg so it doesnt take up too much space. Example: i dont like 5 mb pics, when it can be 200kb with the same quality and dimensions

EDIT: Sorry, it was just my computer settings tht were screwing my UCP experiance, and since i made this thread the problems have been fixed, so thanks do much to Wouter and his team for everything they have done.
    Last edited by werty; 09-06-2004 at 10:04 AM.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

"Attach Files
    Valid file extensions: avi gif jpe jpeg jpg mov mpeg mpg pdf wmv"

I'm sorry, but you can not upload bmp files. If you get bmp files while downloading images from the forums, then that's a local problem, caused by a glitch in IE.

Delete your temporary internet files and set your cache to 50 mb and you will be fine.

Thank you for your patience.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I don't like the fact that our reputation can't be seen anymore. You don't know who is a good poster or not. Well, unless you're a regular then you know.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Tifosi
    I don't like the fact that our reputation can't be seen anymore. You don't know who is a good poster or not. Well, unless you're a regular then you know.
    Fixed that as well. As with the thumbnails, please be patient, we ran into some unexpected problems. It was never our intention to change anything on the forums.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

No problem being patient, I now see the rep up again. Keep on doing a great job Wouter making UCP the best automotive forums anywhere.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    I think UCP has made too many changes.
    previous advice - SIT ON YOUR HANDS
    I dont like a single change they have made to UCP so far, its turning into supercars.net, and that is totally stupid. My list of reasons for not liking the new ucp keeps getting longer.
    Not ONE single 'change' was expected or planned.
    The forum was to stay the same, Wouter is having some trouble with versions of the backend software and has been reported OFTEN, is working on it.
    No offense to Wouter and others who made changes, but UCP is starting to get sucky

Sometimes its just better to leave good things the way they were.
    Server upgrades are ALWAYS necessary.
    As much as anyone - and Wouter has - tries to pre-test before going live etc, there may be items that only surface later.
    UNTIL Wouter announces it's all workign OK, please be patient.
    Even better, junk your OS and browser and you'll get over that bmp issue

Can't believe that so far you've not read one of the many posts we've put up explaining issues and asking for patience whilst the glitches were worked through. Sorry you didn't read them. If you DID read them the ..... WTF!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

was making attatchments open in the same window a plan? because i personaly liked the way that it opened in a different window, it really was handy when comparing chops and looking at pics, it made it alot easyer to comment on the pics.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    was making attatchments open in the same window a plan? because i personaly liked the way that it opened in a different window, it really was handy when comparing chops and looking at pics, it made it alot easyer to comment on the pics.
    Fixed

(Ted Joans)

Also the 10-15 minutes downtime at 1 pm CET should no longer happen either.

(Ted Joans)

cool thanks wouter
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Also the 10-15 minutes downtime at 1 pm CET should no longer happen either.
    I'd stop sayign what things SHOULD do wouter.
    You might regret this comment
    I'm just waiting to check .......
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

It did NOT happen!

(Ted Joans)

It did NOT happen!
    yep, I take it back.

Always one to accept a truth -- apologies to Wouter for not having the confidence he did on this point.

Sorry, call it "bitter experience"

See you made a move on up Matra, now an Administrator, eh?
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

It did NOT happen!
    It did for me. Ucp crashed for about 10 mins. at about 12.30pm My time.

Thread Information