Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda RX8: The Ultimate Family Car?

Mazda RX8: The Ultimate Family Car?

I reckon the RX8 makes a pretty good family car, for example a mum dad and 2 kids sorta family. 4 Comfortable seats, good boot size and a pretty spacious interior. I find the RX8's back seats and general back passenger area extremely comfortable. kids will like the little storage bin in the centre console in back for like lollies etc, and they will also like the overall coolness of the car! Adults will like its comfort, and its kid friendliness

Of course its a bit thirsty, but if you can afford an RX8, then you should be able to afford the bills.

My dad was thinking of getting one seen as they are good money for value, but i dont fit in the back, either does my brother, and with us two not in, my sister will fit. But then i dont get a ride ( obviously mum goes in front ). I dont think the boot was big enough either.

my freind james's dad got one
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Thats because americans have stupidly big cars from chev and ford, big thirsty SUVs and the like, no one thinks about how practical it is, bigger is better. for 90% of the american population that is.
    The Datto will rage again...

The back of a RX8 is not exactly comfortable seating.

And stop with the 'SUVs are stupid!!111eleven11' crap. Sports cars aren't exactly practical or fuel efficient either. And I never see anyone bashing them.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

you can call it a family car, but if i had a family, i wouldnt let them set foot in it. kids and sportscars dont go together

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    The back of a RX8 is not exactly comfortable seating.
    And stop with the 'SUVs are stupid!!111eleven11' crap. Sports cars aren't exactly practical or fuel efficient either. And I never see anyone bashing them.
    -yes it is actually

-sportscars have a purpose, to make you go fast to be point of feeling out of control. To do that you need to burn gas. originally suvs were meant to go offroad in harsh conditions. For example, jeep was one of the first to create suvs, and those were meant to be offroad vehicles.. now suvs cant really go offroad because they've evolved to a different purpose- family purposes. example- rav4 and sequoia, two of toyota's "sport utility vehicles". Enough said about those. So the modern suv wastes gas not for the pupose of creating enough power to handle offroad conditions, but rather to carry kids to soccer practice and to pick up groceries.

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    -yes it is actually
    If you're 12. I sat in the back of my uncle's 8 going to dinner one night, and even with the front passenger seat all the way up, my knees were still in the back of the seat. I'm not exactly a tall person- 5'10".

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    -sportscars have a purpose, to make you go fast to be point of feeling out of control. To do that you need to burn gas. originally suvs were meant to go offroad in harsh conditions. For example, jeep was one of the first to create suvs, and those were meant to be offroad vehicles.. now suvs cant really go offroad because they've evolved to a different purpose- family purposes. example- rav4 and sequoia, two of toyota's "sport utility vehicles". Enough said about those. So the modern suv wastes gas not for the pupose of creating enough power to handle offroad conditions, but rather to carry kids to soccer practice and to pick up groceries.
    A 180mph+ top speed is not practical in any sense on the street. So let me get this straight- it's ok to waste gas if your car can do 150mph (even though it will in most cases never reach its full potential), but it's not ok to burn gas if you're trying to tow a boat or carry a few sheets of drywall? If you drive your Porsche 911 to the local food store, are you wasting gas? What if you take your Ford Excursion to the drag strip?
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I like the idea of a center console in the back seat. that is just plain col, now if anyone sits in the back seat, they won't feel like they are in coach! I would like to buy one.

i guess it would be a nice family car, especially for asians, since our body is lil' bit smaller and would be able to fit in the back seat. good for a young couple with to little kids tho..

but i wonder if the seat is too low for elderly people, some had hard time getting in and out of a car because of its height, too high hard to get in, too low hard to get out...
    -UCP's Hardcore 4AG enthusiast
    -Undergraduate student, saved half of the money to buy an AE111 Trueno half cut

Rather have a GTO, same price, better numbers(also better EPA).

Well for my family it would be ok, since I found I could fit in the back extremely well!

I would buy it just for the rear center console

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Rather have a GTO, same price, better numbers(also better EPA).
    You mean the Monaro from Australia

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    You mean the Monaro from Australia
    Same thing, called GTO in America

Thread Information