Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who interested in Chinese car?

I understand that there is a Chinese car named "Sherry" that will be imported into some of the middle eastern markets some time soon. i read it in a local newspaper. i cant remember much info other than the 1.6 litre engine that gives out 88hp. and the reason i remember this particular fact was coz i read it and then thought to myself "are there engine manufacturers that still cant achieve 100hp with a 1.6 ??"
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Not "Sherry", "Chery" is correct. and the 1.6 litre engine gives out 115hp, exactly this
    engine come from Tritec (a engine company in brazil established by BMW and Chrysler). the same engine offer Mini Cooper and PT cruiser.

By the way, Chery cars have been imported into many country. like Syria Iraq Iran Egypt Bengal Cuba and Malaysia etc.

give you a link. http://www.saic-chery.com/

Seems there could be trouble brewing in the Chinese car industry.
    http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_372008.htm

Will be interesting to see if IPR is upheld, not somethign China has worried over in the past ( there's a copy of one of my applications developed and deployed in China )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

thats not chinese trust me i know
    its just how u pronounce the words but thats hard to do in english since the language is not nearly advanced enuff to duplicate all the sounds in common chinese (mandarin) or cantonese which has like twice the number of sounds/tones/sylables wutever u wanna call it

Quote Originally Posted by felix80
    the Brilliance Auto is Chinese Independence brand, has a Joint venture company with BMW produce BMW serie 3/5, not Rover. Now Brilliance own Zhonghua (means china) and jinbei (golden cup) two brand. Zhonghua is sedan, jinbei is passenger car.

the Zhonghua sedan was design by Giugiaro Italdesign in 1997, produce in 2000.

new jinbei passenger car come from toyota Granvia in 2002.
    thank you, felix80! I have liked the Zhongua ever since I saw it in a magazine, but sadly it was never imported. If I had enough reputation, I would give you a rep point. (hint hint!)

"MG Rover and China Brilliance Industrial Holdings have announced a long-term strategic alliance and co-operation agreement to finance, develop, manufacture and market world-class automobiles for the mutual benefit of both partners. The alliance provides the potential for MG Rover derived cars to be manufactured in China, including those that will be jointly developed. This will include a new medium-sized car. Plans have also been put into place for the joint development of a new small car and consideration will be given to the development of additional new models. Equally the opportunity also exists for MG Rover to manufacture and market China Brilliance derived vehicles. The companies will also co-operate on the supply and manufacture of engines including the development of a new range of engines."

Is China Brilliance different to Brilliance Auto?
    Thanks for all the fish

I heard from my friend that most of the european cars in China are much heavier than those original ones, is that true?

I know that Alfa and Peugeot are fairly popular in Hong Kong, werer they offered in China as well?

I remember there was a thread with some middle east languages... may be we should start a Chinese one...

lol, chinese is a bitch to type unless u have the proper keyboard, but i have enuff trouble writing chinese as it is (i have kindegarden level chinese education) so typing would be like impossible 4 me haha

to Coventrysucks--The Cooperation of MG Rover and Chinese Brilliance auto was failure, Obviously BMW is stronger. Furthermore MG Rover has been a brand of SAIC.

to RX7--yes! European,American,Japanese and Korean cars in China are much heavier than original ones, They share Nearly 90% market quota.
    Alfa and Peugeot has been offered in China many years ago, but not popular.and PSA
    has a joint-venture company to produce Citroen and Peugeot, Citroen is very popular in china.

to Matra et Alpine-- this article says right, chinese automotive industry Need a process of study,the same as japan and korea.

to KnifeEdge--Chinese typing is very difficult.but don't need proper keyboard.
    What is kindegarden level chinese education?

Quote Originally Posted by felix80
    to Matra et Alpine-- this article says right, chinese automotive industry Need a process of study,the same as japan and korea.

to KnifeEdge--Chinese typing is very difficult.but don't need proper keyboard.
    What is kindegarden level chinese education?
    typing chinese with an english keyboard is limited to a method called "ping yum" err its basically typing the first letter of the sound of whatever the word is when its said so if i wanted to type to word "me" which would be prounonced "wor" then you would type w, then o and it narrows down the list and you select the word from there

with a proper chiense keyboard you can just type like a regular keyboard except instead of letters there are different strokes which make up words (its really complicated, chinese and english are nothing alike its near impossible to explain)

and what i meant was that i can speak and understand chiense (cantonese anyways) fluently but i cant write or read as well since i moved to canada at an early age and abandoned my chiense studies, a decision i regret to this day

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    Ni shuo bu shuo pu tong hua wo ke yi fan yi.Ni de yen yue bu tai hao. Wo de pu tong hua bu hao. Zan men ke yi bang zhu.
    Actually I think when we type Chinese pronunciations on this forum we should add the hanyu pinyin for convenience, shouldn't we, d-quik? Like, ke3 bu4 ke3 yi4?
    UCP's most dedicated Pokemon fan.
    Anyone seen any Toyota Rav4 Pokemon Edition in USA?

I see, Now typing software was more intelligence.
    by the way where are you come from Knifedge?
    Last edited by felix80; 09-13-2004 at 12:50 AM.

Actually, I haven't seen any real China car that's not a carbon-copy of a foreign model or that is not influenced by foreign companies. This suggests that the unwritten but upheld ban of thought by the government has affected the people to a large degree...
    UCP's most dedicated Pokemon fan.
    Anyone seen any Toyota Rav4 Pokemon Edition in USA?

Thread Information