Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VZ Monaro released

VZ Monaro released

http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/st...E21822,00.html

Covers off the new Holden Monaro

Jaedene Hudson
    13sep04

The brand new Holden VZ Monaro has finally broken cover.

After months of speculation whether the car would feature the bonnet scoops of its American twin, the 2005 Pontiac GTO, the question has been answered.
    The existence of the Monaro's racy bonnet scoops was exclusively revealed in The Daily Telegraph on July 29.

Holden chairman and managing director Denny Mooney said the decision to put the scoops on the Monaro – a car he calls iconic in Australia – was driven by demand.

"I tell you what, this was research. I would say it is the voice of the Aussie customer that told us what we want," he said.

The VZ Monaro is the first major upgrade the car has had since its launch in 2001.

It features a new front grille with different fog lights, a dual exhaust system and front, side and rear skirts.

Two new colours have been added to the VZ Monaro range – Turismo (a chromatic teal blue) and Odyssey (a dark mercury silver). And the VZ Monaro not only has more show but also more go.

The extra muscle comes from the same Gen III 5.7-litre V8 that featured in the previous model but it's been reworked to produce 260kW. Torque is up to 500Nm.

"At the end of the day this is an image car. And part of that image is muscle and power," Mr Mooney said.

Other improvements include a drive-by-wire electric throttle, short shift ratio gearbox and the biggest brake package of any Holden.

The relocation of the exhaust system sees the boot capacity shrunk from 370 litres down to 245 litres.

The extra power can be felt and the V8 roar has been even further enhanced by the dual exhausts.

"The VZ Monaro has been allowed to flex its muscle," Mr Mooney said.

And, despite the numerous additions, at $60,490 the new car will cost only $500 more than its predecessor.

It will be on sale later this month.
    I am the Stig

pretty good

i recon its pretty good im not so sure bout it being so american thats sorta a let down but hey money is money. but they did a good job to keep it looking good.
    jason bright to win the v8 supercar championship 2004

It's Australian, It can't be american, Seen it on the holden.com.au and looks real hot in black, That would be the color of choice i would say looks the best
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

So far from what ive seen of it, red makes the bonnet vents look the best, but every other car seems to just make them look to tacky or something, they dont look like they were engineered enough into the design. its a bit of a ? over the black on the rear bumper as well. but what were they thinking with that new blue?
    I am the Stig

I seen this color on a SII Monaro and went holly shit lol It's 10times brighter then it should be ahhhhh,

i think its way to pale, its like a pastel colour. its got no muscle, no real shine or spark to it, yet Holden say its their new hero colour. what happened to that blue the VZ SS was caugh in?
    I am the Stig

And if you dont like the scoops a Series 1,2,3 bonnet will slip right on in it's place

better hope Holden's sales room's arent like fords...to get a hold of bulged bonnet, you need to supply them a VIN that matches a GT or XR8
    I am the Stig

I think it looks pretty damn cool. Just needs better rims, but overall lookin sharp. Like the bonnet personally.

Wounder what a SIII Monaro would look like with them bonnet scoops on it ?

it could be either way, the edgy new front bumper probably accentuates the lines of the more curvy bonnet scoops, but a VY with VZ scoops would be a bit like the AU XR8 ive seen with a bonnet bulge and the EF with a BA Ghia front bumper.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    it could be either way, the edgy new front bumper probably accentuates the lines of the more curvy bonnet scoops, but a VY with VZ scoops would be a bit like the AU XR8 ive seen with a bonnet bulge and the EF with a BA Ghia front bumper.
    Dont people go over board, I seen a VN with a VX HSV clubsport bodykit i have got to say it was the worst car i have seen

Here are some pics from the Holden Site... High res...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alright brain... you don't like me and I don't like you... but lets just do this...

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Dont people go over board, I seen a VN with a VX HSV clubsport bodykit i have got to say it was the worst car i have seen

thats nothing, ive seen heaps of VN's, VP's, VR's and VS's with either a VT or VX kit, try a VK wagon with a VT kit.

The AU XR8 i saw though looked pretty good, other than the guy that done it he still left the first bit of the centre crease on the bonnet which was really the only thing bad about it
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    thats nothing, ive seen heaps of VN's, VP's, VR's and VS's with either a VT or VX kit, try a VK wagon with a VT kit.

The AU XR8 i saw though looked pretty good, other than the guy that done it he still left the first bit of the centre crease on the bonnet which was really the only thing bad about it

I seen a AU with a Touring car body kit on it, The only problem was it had standard 15" rims with caps on it lol maybe they run outta money

Thread Information