Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Worst Ever Supercar

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    I hate the way it looks, and how pointless it is. That is part of what makes the Veyron stupid- the inordinately high price tags on them. You pay a helluva lot for a fugly Enzo, or something that can't handle its power (proved when a Bugatti technician stuffed one when attempting 252mph- he fell short by 15mph!).
    I don't think those are very good reasons. Yea the bugatti may not be able to handle those speeds they said it could, but it can still handle just as high speeds as most other supercars right? Besides what are you talking about impracticality and being overpriced, its supercar man what do you expect?

Impracticality? Hmmm.... yea, but wot about the Aston Martin DB9 (£109,000 or so), TVRs (start from £36,000), Porsche? If we're talking about money here, hu in their right mind would pay freakin' £600,000 on some piece of crap! Oh, someone in their left mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Rijoh
    It did make it into Need For Speed II, and it looks beautiful, so it isn't the worst ever supercar
    So does the Countach ... Just because a car looks good doesnt mean its a decent car. Is the only point of your argument that it cant be bad because it looks good then??? You obviously do not know the horrors of the development of the car and why exactly it didnt sell and no-one liked it. I advise you put a search in Google about it and then you will see why.

Oh - and the Ford GT90 was in NFS2 .. which just happens to be another supercar failure that resulted in nothing whatsoever (so bad that Ford thought they'd do better by ressurecting the GT40 )

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    I really don't know any that have been failed ??
    What about that think williams renault made that That big tarago lookalike thing ? thats all i can think of
    the Renault Williams F1 Espace? lol
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Jaguar XJ220!!!! It was developed crap, had extreme turbo lag, was too wide, not exactly well made .. it is renound for being the biggest flop in the car industry ever! I think Jeremy Clarkson also thought this was the worse supercar but I cant remember when he said it.

wouldnt the fact its wide be a good thing if its a supercar??

As for the GT90, that was a concept that simply never made it into production, same as the millions of other concepts produced by Ford and other companies. How does that make it a failure?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    Be fair, it was only ever a one off technology demonstrator.

it was NEVER planned for any production - shame
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    wouldnt the fact its wide be a good thing if its a supercar??

As for the GT90, that was a concept that simply never made it into production, same as the millions of other concepts produced by Ford and other companies. How does that make it a failure?
    Reading anyone who ever drove it, it was a piece of junk. Handled awful, aerodymanics worked in the design software but not the real world. underpowered, under-braked, It never made it to production because it was so bad. When launched as a design it was touted by Ford as BEING their next supercar and successor to the GT40. ( Now "revisionist history" reports it as a concept only and never planned for production )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

My vote goes to the Veyron 16/4, too heavy, too powerful, too expensive, too much hype and speculation, and no delivery, that and its been a prototype for the last 3 or 4 years with still no hope of making production.

GT90 had a quad turbocharged V12 with 720bhp and 660lb ft torque.
    I wouldn't neccessarily describe it as "underpowered".

However, IIRC, it was never actually driven with the 4 turbos engaged.

From a site about the GT90:
    "It makes me angry to hear ignorant car fans who say Ford are low quality. Consumer Reports had Ford labeled as the most reliable domestic car company. Also, on average, Ford has more powerful cars than Dodge, Infiniti, chevy, and more. Trust me, I looked it up."

Can't argue with this guy, he looked it up!
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    However, IIRC, it was never actually driven with the 4 turbos engaged.
    Yeah, I heard that one too. I think they ran it on 2 turbos in testing, cos they had no confidence in the chassis' ability to take the full power.

I remember seeing Clarkson driving it on tv. He spent most of his time either pointing and laughing at the stick on gauges and dials, or lambasting it's terrible handling whilst driving in excess of the 30mph (what sort of speed is that for a test drive in a "supercar"?) that the Ford team had deemed safe for the prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    ALL HALE THE WORLDS FASTEST PEOPLE MOVER!!!

I don’t know why they didn’t bring it into production. Especially when you consider the amount of impatient soccer moms there are zooming down the road during school hours.

I would have thought there would be a rather lucrative market for a 700-800HP van

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Impracticality? Hmmm.... yea, but wot about the Aston Martin DB9 (£109,000 or so), TVRs (start from £36,000), Porsche? If we're talking about money here, hu in their right mind would pay freakin' £600,000 on some piece of crap! Oh, someone in their left mind...
    if you had 600,000. What would you buy? the CGT is the most beautiful machine ever made. A V10 mid engine producing 605HP. Ranked first in the Top Gear lap test. I wouldn't call that crap. You can't go wrong with that? the DB9 also is a very very beautiful machine. Even though it has paddle gear shifters but it handles well and looks stunning.

based on whether or not this rumor is true my answer will change

i heard that the mclaren f1 is NOT road legal, if this coems out to be true then this would be the worse supercar ever since it costs more then all ur expenses throughout the life of an average american (and they have the highest gdp per capita ... i think) and u wouldnt be able to drive it newhere

if the rumor is false then id have to go with ... any american muscle/super car

My vote would go to the original Porsche 911 Turbo, hear me out before freaking out. Yes Porsches are very well made, very comfortable, very fast every day cars. But the original 911 Turbo was a handfull in the corners with a novice or even an avarage driver behind the wheel since the rear end could swing out on you very easily in spirited driving. And most people who buy a super car buy with that intent.

I congratulate Porsche for taking care of that problem in the current versions. But the early ones were bad handling wise.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

If its the 930 911 turbo, then i believe they also suffered pretty bad turbo lag, followed up by the power being delivered pretty damn quick
    I am the Stig

Thread Information