Thread: Ford reducing WRC effort

Ford reducing WRC effort

The World Rally Championship risks becoming a three-team event next season after Ford team Principal Malcolm Wilson confirmed that a reduced programme was a possibility. The American car manufacturer is cutting its motorsport budget next year in order to concentrate solely on their F1 programme.

The news is a further loss for the World Rally Championship following the recent withdrawals of Mitsubishi, Hyundai and Skoda, leaving just Subaru, Citroen and Peugeot as the three confirmed full-time teams next season.

Mitsubishi are planning a comeback next season, but that depends uniquely on the performance of their re-developed Lancer WRC, while Skoda are planning to enter a handful of events. However, the loss of Ford's presence on the full calendar would be a big blow to the championship.

"To stand any chance of making the programme come together [next year], we'd probably look at not doing the whole championship," Wilson told British daily, The Guardian.

It is likely that Ford would compete on all European events, dropping the fly-away rounds in Argentina, Mexico, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.

Current driver Markko Martin and Francois Duval are almost certain to leave the team, with Martin linked to Peugeot and Duval, who has already been released, reported to be talking to Citroen next year.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Damn that is a real shame, i think that some forms of motorsport are becoming to high-tech nowerdays and it kind of makes it hard for teeams to enter into it.

i am really going to miss ford in the WRC since that was my main team taht i suported
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

ohno i was looking forward for them to win
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

It is a real shame that teams like Toyota and now ford are favouring F1 to WRC. F1 is a joke, it's about making Bernie rich and I beleive the spectator figures have dropped considerably in the last years. WRC seems to be a more level playing field, and more people can relate to those cars. After all how many of us can afford to buy an F1 derived Enzo? The Focus RS was well received as have the various Subaru's and Mitsubishi's. I would personally like to see an Audi company back Rallying. I beleive WRC is more cost effective as the 'base' car is a production model, and anyway it is much more interesting than F1.

Quote Originally Posted by cuntukimushroom
    ohno i was looking forward for them to win
    how's the drug rehab clinic visits doing ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

good one matricien .. to bad they are reducing their effort . but they were nowhere near to winning .. not with Citroen around
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

mustang! there will be some "lightly used" ex WRC focuses floating around :winks:

haha.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information