Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting engine swaps(Fiction or non Fiction doesnt matter)

oh yeh, the focus with the supercharged 4.6L. thats a beast.(didn't they make it AWD?)

engine swaps.....hmmm......a 350 SBC in a '93 240sx, its been done, i've seen it, just don't got any links at the moment. and the usual RB25-26DET's into the 240sx.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    fiction?

ever read a book called the darwin awards?
    some morons strapped an experimental jet engine onto a car and tested it out on a dried out lake. problem was they couldnt shut it off of slow the car down, so they slammed into the side of a cliff at upwards 300mph.

hows that for an engine swap?
    I remember that story. It was apperently a solid fuel JATO rocket, or so the story goes. I've seen a massive report somewhere online where the entire story was thoroughly proven to be a complete fabrication.

So yes, fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    I remember that story. It was apperently a solid fuel JATO rocket, or so the story goes. I've seen a massive report somewhere online where the entire story was thoroughly proven to be a complete fabrication.

So yes, fiction
    yeaahhh....

anyway there's an article in one of SCC's issues that has a vw golf with a chevy northstar v8 engine. I wish I could give some pics and stats but the article isnt online...

Iv seen a VL with a Gen3 V8, iv seen a Gemini with a 13B Turbo (man that thing was INSANE)
    The Datto will rage again...

what about a 20b rotary into a mini?
    UCP's Most Hardcore 2 Door Performance Car Freak

UCP's Most Hardcore Fitness Freak

Im Going To Be A Millionare At 17

Argue Me If You Want ^^

Quote Originally Posted by GTR Dreamer
    what about a 20b rotary into a mini?
    to be honest thats not very creative
    ive always wondered though, what it'd be like to swap a 20b into an elise, so that it'd be even more balanced (i think) and about 40 hp more powerful (238-187)

but what would that do to its torque range? rotaries arent known for low rpm torque.

what about it?
    there are many mods you can do to boost low end torque. For example, there's porting which you can do to customize the effects of your engine
    http://www.rotorsportsracing.com/per...ng/engines.htm

changes to intake and exhaust can boost both horsepower and torque.
    small scale turbochargers affect low end areas as well, because of their low lag rates.

and which arises another question, why would you need low end torque from an elise? its home is ripping the backroads at high gear...

he said it could be non fiction or fiction
    UCP's Most Hardcore 2 Door Performance Car Freak

UCP's Most Hardcore Fitness Freak

Im Going To Be A Millionare At 17

Argue Me If You Want ^^

by the way thats a handydandy website for rotar freaks

gtr im not saying anything about plausibility.
    my point is that its not so farfetched, or intimidating. its probably been done a lot of times
    Last edited by Renesis; 09-15-2004 at 09:15 PM.

suddenly i have the feeling egg nog is going to chastise me for tainting the elise

suddenly i have the feeling egg nog is going to chastise me for tainting the elise
    yeah you watch your back
    yes its true you can do lots to up it but if you want it to still be a performer at home, not just on the backroads of woop woop, you will want that low end torque.

Also, even if you do change the engine to one relatively same size/weight ie a rotary. your still going to upset its balance/handling. Lotus have Tuned that thing to perfection handling and balance wise, after all its a road ready race car. I doubt you could return it to that after swapping an engine.

?˘
    ?evy Small Block in 240 and 260Zs and in the Chevy Vega. It's turns those little cars into missles I've seen 4 240Zs in person like that and 5 Vegas. I had a 260Z in college, came close to doing the swap but never got around to doing it

Here is a link to a personal web page of a guy the did the V8 swap into his 240Z
    Last edited by taz_rocks_miami; 09-15-2004 at 09:59 PM.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I heard of a 4L v8 outta a soarer into a 1600, thatd be win!

No way! Don't get me wrong... I love the Elise because it's a fast, lightweight car. I wouldn't consider myself anything like an Elise fanboy - it's just that it is a particular car which meets pretty much every criteria I look for in a good sports car. If any other companies do this, I'm a huge fan of their cars too, without restriction.

I am definitely not one of those people who thinks that a car is a sacred object (like the annoying ones who say that modifying a Ferrari is blasphemy, etc).

All that said, a 20B would be a pretty sweet swap. I'm all in favour of dumping different engines into the Elise. (Hell, take a look at my public profile!)

Thread Information