Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear Versus 5th Gear which is better

If the British don't hurry up and lynch Lovejoy for ruining 5th Gear I'm heading to the stupid cafe set to do it myself when I'm over there.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

I enjoy watching Top Gear more. It's so much more entertaining. Although I would trust 5th Gear's reviews over Top Gear's.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I knew 5th Gear is more serious and perhaps informative, but its like every other motoring shows out there. The funny thing bout Top Gear, is that a duel between Korean makes are more interesting to watch than 5th Gear having Lambo VS Ferrari ..... I always doze off watching 5th Gear.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    I enjoy watching Top Gear more. It's so much more entertaining. Although I would trust 5th Gear's reviews over Top Gear's.
    agree

plus top gear uses innovative ideas to inform us about cars, also 5th gear is more technical and tiff haas been repeating him self ever since he was on top gear.

I like top gear better because of several reasons. The first is that the interation between the three hosts is pretty hilarious. Second, top gear is open to more ideas (converting a car into a boat, building a kit car against the clock...) and you also get a wider assortment of tested cars. Hell they even did a full review on people carriers (minivans) and made it funny. I also like their "buy a cheap automobile and test it" skits. And of course, the cars like ccx and zonda F are kick ass to see pushed hard.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

i prefer top gear, fifth gear seems abit senile
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Top Gear all the way
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    I would trust 5th Gear's reviews over Top Gear's.
    Why, Top Gear doesn't have advertisers to keep happy and clarkson never totally disagrees with the magazine. 5th Gear need to be nice about cars because the manufacturers can afford to ignore them entirely, whereas refusing to let Top Gear review your car is certain death (look what happened to the Rover CityRover)
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

well theres a few reasons i like top gear better than fifth gear

1. the cameras used and the directing are of a much higher quality (it seems) than 5th as some shots are just jawdropping (remember the beach episode with porsche/bmw/jag) whereas 5th just seems plain and like normal tele. (yeah they use filters in topgear, so? it works) This for me is the most important part.

2. the chemistry between Clarkson, hammond and May is much better than 5th where i dont feel anything, and what is with that cafe? well? studio with audience is much better (especially if they take the piss with some of the audience members. i hate tiff btw. anyone notice he now wears the same "ensemble" as Jeremy?

3. funny is better than informative. 5th would be better as a magazine where you can choose not to read a 10 minute bit about road quality in britain.. in top gear hardly ever anything i dont wish to see.

4. 5th gear doesnt know what humor is. they hardly ever make ANY jokes, im always surprised if i chuckle, while at topgear i actually laugh out loud Alot.

5. the way they drive, treat and test cars in topgear is much much more interesting than in fifth gear. hello im not a grandpa, do something interesting 5th. the stig rules, clarkson car abusing rules. (one thing in 5th gear annoyed me greatly when tiff drove the Veyron and the whole show they were saying tiff is gonna drive the veyron like never seen before, what does he do? go on about how good the traction control is and didnt do Anything interesting in the car. The long trek jeremy drove might have not shown any extravagant driving but was a whole lot more interesting. did i mention the stig rules?

always heavily dissapointed in 5th gear. always heavily impressed with topgear

thats totally just my opinion though. i think vroom vroom is better than 5th lol and thats an insult

Top Gear FTW. However, Clarkson's opinions dominate his reviews, and in the end you completely agree with him. He has this quality that makes even the most stubborn person reconsider their verdict. He's influential, I'll give him that. 5th Gear is much more serious, cut-to-the-chase and informative than Top Gear, and gives much better quality reviews, I reckon.

But I'd rather watch an hour of 3 middle-aged blokes just cocking around with beeg, very expensive cars than watch an hour of car reviews. Top Gear makes for much more entertaining television than 5th Gear. And it's also quite funny how they take the mickey out of 5th Gear a lot, too.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.

Old thread, but I'd choose Top Gear for obvious reasons.

However, I haven't watched many episodes of 5th Gear, so I wouldn't really know much about that show.

LMAO!! im terribly sorry for digging up this WAY old thread lmao.

I was watching 5th gear and thought "i wonder if there are any 5th VS TG threads of this" Lol, top of the google list (blame google for everything)

i think fifth gear is suited towards the older car fanbase, its more serious and informative. Their reviews tend to be more thorough and suited to people who actually need help buying cars. Whereas top gear, atleast in recent series, has become more of an entertainment/car show. its more comedy based now and with its celeb interviews and funny documentarys its obviously aimed at a younger audience. so both serve a different purpose now, but I'll always say top gear. jeremy clarkson is one of the best guys on TV. Hammond and May are brilliant as a pair by his side. The good thing is, they all still know what they're talking about through all the comedy.

Top Gear is FAAAR better, mainly because i actually gain some insight into the pros and cons of the car while Fifth Gear just kind of promotes how great the car is...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    Top Gear is FAAAR better, mainly because i actually gain some insight into the pros and cons of the car while Fifth Gear just kind of promotes how great the car is...
    Plus alot of the show is to do with hot hatches, hybrids and other generally mild stuff, most of which applies only to a small target audience within UK and an almost non-existant international audience.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Thread Information