Thread: Fallout from Ivan.

Fallout from Ivan.

The effects of Hurricane Ivan were felt much farther away, and after, Florida was hit. The remnants dropped 6" of rain in Pittsburgh, PA; leaving many people stranded in their homes, while others had to run for dry land. Williamsport supposedly got 6.5" by early this morning. At my house, we had probably 4-5", and the hilly nature of the area meant all this water ended up pooling on roads, and pretty much everything was shut down early this morning. We lost power at my house for ~5 hours. Cars were stuck in puddles that "didn't look that deep."

For now (and I think for good) the storms have ended. I went out earlier with my camera to get some pictures.

The first 2 are the same area, but I couldn't get all of it in one shot. The 3rd is supposed to be a road. Green pond (to the right) floods regularly. You can spit on it and it'll flood. But this was just nuts. The 4th is a continuation picture of Green Pond.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

There's a creek a few miles from my house. It's usually pretty tame, and you can walk across it without getting your feet wet in most areas. Not today (pic 1). Uprooted trees are pretty much everywhere. Winds were ~40+ before 7am today.

The lake in the last one- yea, that's normally a field.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Last one. Just the still-ominous looking sky.

Side note, my aunt is moving out of her house this weekend. The tractor trailer was stuck for about 2 hours this morning and everyone was stuck waiting. And my mom's idiotic fiancee went to Jersey for a bike race for MS or something. And he had her car. On top of that, the roof over their bedroom leaked, and got on the $2000 mattresses. She wasn't exactly happy.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Those two aren't going to hit the east-coast so its ok.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Stupid weather patterns, maybe the states is getting some commupence for its latest actions....
    The Datto will rage again...

gods not happy with the east coast
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Here in Raleigh we did experience a bit of wind when the remnants of Ivan swept through the state. At Raleigh-Durham International Airport, a wind gust of 79 mph was recorded on Friday afternoon. I took these pictures the next day from the observation park, which is right in front of the General Aviation area where small private aircraft are parked.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

Thread Information