Thread: Subaru's new ....LEGACY?

Subaru's new ....LEGACY?

I'm sure that Subaru had a good reason to have mr. Ken HONDA as its spokesman & I wonder whether we're ever gonna hear a guy whose name is Alan Mercedes,for instance,talking on behalf of BMW in the near future!
    Well,the new legacy earns its name this time as some real improvements have been acquired in this completely new generation.

Starting with the engine,the car is available with one of three engines:Either 2.0,2.5 4cyl or 3.0 6 cyl unit.The engines are mounted lower, as the center of gravity has been revised; weight is down, undercarriage and steering are revised.The 3.0 litre engine has an output of 245 bhp available with 5speed automatic transmission which will be followed by 6 speed manual transmssion later on.(see the reference for more information)
    Full-time symmetrical all-wheel drive system alongside great steering improves the car's stability by which Subarus are well-known.In addition,fuel consumption has been reduced thanks to new 'constant pulsation' exhaust system eliminating the noise of the previous exhaust!

The interior has matured alot as it includes wood trim on its top version(3.0) erasing its image as the plastic feeling interior maker!

Technical Data & images were originally provided by TopGear website.Click for more information
    Last edited by kinan.f; 10-07-2003 at 12:29 AM.

Im Happy

Im really happy to see a company that i have admired for a long time starting to shake things in their designs. their cars have always been practical and reliable, but always looked and felt dull. with the introduction of this model, i can see a brighter future for subaru. the exterior design is clean and smooth , and the interior has a rich upscale look to it. 245hp , all wheel drive, speed manual and i assume it will be all priced very attractively.
    this is one nice car.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Re: Im Happy

Originally posted by Misho
    their cars have always been practical and reliable, but always looked and felt dull.
    Let's hope the whole range will get some improvements too.

Especially the Forester:It needs a lot of work on its exterior.

Thumbs up I love the new legacy sedan

It's just really well styled and has rock solid power and all wheel drive. I definately wouldn't mind owning one. Can you get one with a turbo 2.0 or 2.5? Like a sport option? That would be awesome if they stuck a WRX engine in it.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

interior looks a hell of a lot better than any of the current model range interior's... a step in the rite direction
    "If words were cars, Bangle would be in great shape. If cars were art, Bangle would be in great shape. But cares aren't art, and words aren't cars, and cars aren't buildings - ands he's not."

Thumbs up

it looks pretty cool

Thread Information