Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Microsoft Built Cars

im sure this exact thread was posted a few weeks ago
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    yep but most folks woudl claim it's better to replace the steering wheel with one from Mozilla/Firefox/Opera
    And we'd have to upgrade the engine every 6 months

It only had one button, so had to be MAC
    I'd buy it then, at least I woudn't have to re-start it every 10 miles
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

macs are better then PC's IMO, they dont crash, and they are just so funky!
    and there is a way to have right click.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

My PC has never crashed since i went to Win XP Never ever.
    When i had win98 dam thing everyday would crash
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    Everyone should get one! that can be a rep idea! everyone who wants to can get their own food/drink pic and post it everytime they want to tell someone they have a good post, Karrmans is a Lunchable(never herd of it but anyways) lets all just get our own!
    well they are a little kit ofr a lunch (pizza, cracker sandwiches etc) maybe they are not heard of where you live but they are really big in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I'd buy it then, at least I woudn't have to re-start it every 10 miles
    Yeah but you'd never be able to find the right kind of gas that only it runs on and cry while everyone else gets their gas earlier and for cheaper
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Yeah but you'd never be able to find the right kind of gas that only it runs on and cry while everyone else gets their gas earlier and for cheaper
    Sure I could, good ol Steve Jobs would have enough petrol stations around to keep the iCars on the road. Would we pay a little more for gas? Yeah but we'd have a surper high octane gas for the 300 kph iCars
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I like this thread! you guys rock!
    come over and well have some sosos!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Datto will rage again...

This is why I really want to switch to linux.
    UCP's most hardcore skunk

Quote Originally Posted by Fowler
    This is why I really want to switch to linux.
    If Red Hat made a car, it would look really nicely made and sporty from the outside, but once you got inside, all of the buttons would be hidden in cubby holes and you'd need 6 different 4 inch thick manuals just to work out how to get the damn thing off the drive. Then once you have got the hang of driving it, you'd realise that it's just like the other cars, but with a crappy ride quality. Like the iCar it only works on poorly fabricated dust trails and muddy backroads.

It would be the ram raiders choice of car, because for some rather suspicious reason, the Red Hat car would lots of little holes, brackets and grommets around the front for attaching stuff for breaking other peoples cars.

In it's defence, nobody would be able to break into your Red Hat car. It would be amonst the securest cars on the road. It would simply bounce over the pot holes that Microsoftcar falls into. Also, when you put your Red Hat keys on the pub table, all your mates would think you are some kinda of driving god, capable of handling and rebuilding any car in the world, but the sad truth is that you'd never dare give your friends lifts, lest they find out the sorry truth!

Eventually Red Hat Cars would go out of business, because with every car sold, an instruction booklet would come in the glovebox, explaining exactly how to build another car identical to yours. It would also have a map of a place where all the components can be found for free. By the time Red Hat Cars had got the hang of making their cars, a 100 other companys would all be making the same car, but with a different bonnet and steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    In it's defence, nobody would be able to break into your Red Hat car. It would be amonst the securest cars on the road.
    The power of marketing
    http://securitytracker.com/alerts/2004/Jan/1008593.html
    Get allowed to have root user permission means you can do ANYTHING on a un*x system !!
    Also, when you put your Red Hat keys on the pub table, all your mates would think you are some kinda of driving god, capable of handling and rebuilding any car in the world, but the sad truth is that you'd never dare give your friends lifts, lest they find out the sorry truth!
    Sounds just like most kit car owners
    ( Sorry Suka, YOURS will be differetn, I'm sure :P )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Microsoft were boasting to GM that if they made cars, they would all do 300mph, 100mpg and cost 60 pence...

...Bob Lutz then turns round and says "Yes, but we wouldn't want them to crash twice a day, would we?"

"This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

That is so old, it was old even when in was first posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    Microsoft were boasting to GM that if they made cars, they would all do 300mph, 100mpg and cost 60 pence...

...Bob Lutz then turns round and says "Yes, but we wouldn't want them to crash twice a day, would we?"

*Year Old Thread*

Funny, none the less.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey

An American talking about money in pounds sterling, to another America?

Thread Information