Thread: F1 Threatens to Skip European Races

F1 Threatens to Skip European Races

What do you think of Max Mosley's threat to not race in Europe this season if the EU does not change its laws regarding on track deaths for drivers. Personally I think that the idea of arresting Team heads if a driver dies is absurd but that is just me.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

F1 is needs to get rid of Max Mosley and Bernie Eccelstone, they are both idiots. The law about arresting the heads of the team is ridiculous. The europeans sure got some dumb ideas. Race car drivers know the risks of what they are doing and accept the risks. Racing isn't the safest thing in the world and it shouldn't be that is why racing is exciting.

to my knowledge .. Italy has this kind of laws .. but i think the threat real . and in fact they already are getting outside Europe ... i do not like it . but i can't oppose .
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

Nah, they can't afford to do that.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

They can always come to the U.S.
    Long Beach is still available.
    Plus, we've got about 50 race tracks in North America.

No way they will never do that, half of the races are in Europe and its where F1 started.

Important people/Organisations can be stubborn and petty though. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by mechanixfetch; 01-26-2004 at 09:12 PM.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by SPN:DOC
    No way they will never do that, half of the races are in Europe and its where F1 started.
    Bernie only cares about money.
    More tracks will be banning cigarette advertising and still most of the sponsorship comes from them..
    So, Bernie wants to take the F1 circus to where the tobacco companies have a growing market to try to retain their HUGE incomes for his tracks and teams.
    That and he wants out of France unless they move it back to hs track - well that's not the reason given

I think the laws about charging team heads if a driver dies works in some cases where. For example when Senna died, Patrick Head and others were brought to trial because the inspection lead detectives to believe that he died because of a broken steering column allowing him not to steer the car, and as a result crashing. If proper inspection of a weld holding the steering column together would have been made then Senna may have not died. In cases like these, team heads should be charged.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Tifosi
    I think the laws about charging team heads if a driver dies works in some cases where. For example when Senna died, Patrick Head and others were brought to trial because the inspection lead detectives to believe that he died because of a broken steering column allowing him not to steer the car, and as a result crashing. If proper inspection of a weld holding the steering column together would have been made then Senna may have not died. In cases like these, team heads should be charged.
    Yes, however, it was found that the impact didn't kill Senna. It was the right front tire impacting his helmet. It just flew up at the wrong time.

Thread Information