Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest speeding ticket ever.

Biggest speeding ticket ever.

And in Minnesota, too.

WABASHA, Minn. - With a State Patrol airplane overhead, a motorcyclist hit the throttle and possibly set the informal record for the fastest speeding ticket in Minnesota history: 205 mph.
    On Saturday afternoon, State Patrol pilot Al Loney was flying near Wabasha, in southeastern Minnesota on the Wisconsin border, watching two motorcyclists racing along U.S. Highway 61.

When one of the riders shot forward, Loney was ready with his stopwatch. He clicked it once when the motorcycle reached a white marker on the road and again a quarter-mile later. The watch read 4.39 seconds, which Loney calculated to be 205 mph.

"I was in total disbelief," Loney told the St. Paul Pioneer Press for Tuesday's editions. "I had to double-check my watch because in 27 years I'd never seen anything move that fast."

Several law enforcement sources told the newspaper that, although no official records are kept, it was probably the fastest ticket ever written in the state.

After about three-quarters of a mile, the biker slowed to about 100 mph and let the other cycle catch up. By then Loney had radioed ahead to another state trooper, who pulled the two over soon afterward.

The State Patrol officer arrested the faster rider, 20-year-old Stillwater resident Samuel Armstrong Tilley, for reckless driving, driving without a motorcycle license — and driving 140 miles per hour over the posted speed limit of 65 mph.

A search of speeding tickets written by state troopers, who patrol most of the state's highways, between 1990 and February 2004 shows the next fastest ticket was for 150 mph in 1994 in Lake of the Woods County.

Tilley did not return calls from the newspaper to his home Monday. A working number for him could not immediately be found by The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Only a handful of exotic sports cars can reach 200 mph, but many high-performance motorcycles can top 175 mph. With minor modifications, they can hit 200 mph. Tilley was riding a Honda 1000, Loney said.

Kathy Swanson of the state Office of Traffic Safety said unless Tilley was wearing the kind of protective gear professional motorcycle racers wear, he was courting death at 200 mph.

"I'm not entirely sure what would happen if you crashed at 200 miles per hour," Swanson said. "But it wouldn't be pretty, that's for sure."
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

That guy's lucky he didn't crash, but the thrill must have been amazing, until he was slapped with the ticket.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

thats awesome, i want to do that some day, but legally

as i have said before, theres a bi-turbo Ferrari F50 in dallas, texas that was radared at 240mph
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

I know how scary it was driving my car 120. Closing rates were nuts. I couldn't imagine going twice that fast. In anything short of a jet fighter.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Just a ticket???!!! I'm suprised he did do jail time!!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

328kph!!!!
    WTF!!!
    how did he not go to jail for likr 289765145901827480912645 years???
    what a rush though! thats gotta be some kinda street motorcycle record!
    Last edited by Blue Supra; 09-21-2004 at 09:59 PM.
    The Datto will rage again...

Ya, I just saw a thing on that on Two Wheel Tuesday (SPEED). Thats CRAZY. If he had crashed hed literaly be in like 2000 peices of scattered bloody human corps struen across 2 miles if I-61. (thats about 3.5 miles per minute!)
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

lol have fun identifiying the body (or whats left to find)
    i'd love to see a video of that it would be crazy. recon he would share his tip on tuning a motor bike coz there any many (if any) stock motor bikes that can go that fast

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    thats awesome, i want to do that some day, but legally

as i have said before, theres a bi-turbo Ferrari F50 in dallas, texas that was radared at 240mph
    are you sure. cause i have seen tests that radar can't register anything over 175mph. Also, if it's the same bi-turbo F50 i have heard about, it is a total POS. the dumbass owner, overtuned the engine such that it became less efficient then in its natural state...

EDIT:

oh btw, any of you guys ever heard of ghost rider? he has a 499hp hyabusa which i have video footage of him doing over 300kph in trafic in paris...
    Last edited by @wall; 09-21-2004 at 11:47 PM.
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

I've seen ghost rider, but the footage is not at Paris, but near Stockholm.
    That is a real nut guy. He REALLY does wellies at more than 120 mph!!! It's almost unbelievable. But it's all on film, and the camera doesn't let anyone deny, that although he is insane, he carries the biggest pair of b.... ever seen!!!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    I've seen ghost rider, but the footage is not at Paris, but near Stockholm.
    That is a real nut guy. He REALLY does wellies at more than 120 mph!!! It's almost unbelievable. But it's all on film, and the camera doesn't let anyone deny, that although he is insane, he carries the biggest pair of b.... ever seen!!!
    the footage is all around europe. he has i think 4 dvds out now. as you said he's plain nuts!
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

any place this vid can b dwnloaded? id b surprised if i was able to buy it here...or anywhere for that matter.

sighhhhhhhhhhh......imagine a world in wich those speeds wud b legal....

wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

i saw a motorcycle accident happen at only 40 miles/hour but the guy was lucky he escaped, even though he had been in hospital for a month... i wonder how long the trace of blood would be at 200 miles..

I heard something about a crash of a motorcycle into a car here in holland, he went 140 mph and they found his head 2 miles away from the accident, also everyone in the car died.

My personal speed record on the road is also about 140 mph (225 km/h) but it's almost the topspeed of my car, our max legal speed is about 75 mph.
    I havent got any speedingtickets yet, but I think it will happen some time:P

Not sure if its that GhostRider guy, but I do have a video file of a guy on a turbo hayabusa pulling a wheelie from about 50mph to around 135 and then winding it out to a claimed 352kmh (220 mph), unfortunately the file is 2.92 meg else I would post it.

Thread Information