Thread: Artificial Fuels

Artificial Fuels

I tried to research this topic a little but I couldn't find much information. Are there any? Why aren't we using these? Why hasn't a "Perfect" fuel been created? Just a few questions I had, any answers would be helpful.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

It depends what your definition of artificial is. You could say that petrol and diesel are artificial because they are made by doing the process of fractional distillation to crude oil which would not occur naturally. Also if you regard artificial in its tightest form it could almost be impossible to create a "man made" fuel. A perfect fuel is very hard to make because every product has a bi-product which is very likely to be a harm to the environment. I think on the performance side of things that you cant really get much better fuel we currently have because you would first have to improve the engine. But ... once scientists have figured out a larger source of Buckminster Fullerenes then we may get engines running at almost perfect smoothness as it has a lubricating effect. I dont think its man made fuels we should be relying on .. its natural ones like hydrogen that we should keep our eyes on. You could consider electricity a man made fuel in the sense that electric cars use it .. i recon the next revelotionary fuel will come as stored energy like a fuel cell.

Thread Information