Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No More British GP

No More British GP

The longest ever running Grand Prix has been taken off the calendar by Bernie Ecclestone

Here are a couple articles:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/3703350.stm
    http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=31255
    UCP's Biggest Mercedes Benz Fan! - Umer Sharif

Owner Of UCP's Best Avatar!!!

No more Silverstone. The beginning of the end for Formula 1.

Also, the pre-race commentary in Shanghai mentioned Ford pullout at seasons end.

Will F1 be remembered as Ferrari-1 because the rest left?
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv

Also, the pre-race commentary in Shanghai mentioned Ford pullout at seasons end.

Will F1 be remembered as Ferrari-1 because the rest left?
    What has Formula-1 turned into...
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    What has Formula-1 turned into...

A waste of time.

Well ... Bernie Ecclestone proved that he is as babyish as first assumed. All because of one stupid childish grudge. Anyone want to place bets on how long it will be until Bernie is assasinated? I would do it myself but it seems he wont be coming to my country anymore because he is a sad little man who cant make one of the worlds longest running motorsports interesting and probably hates Jacky Stewart because he can drive and Bernie is still yet to achieve his Year 3 Cycling Proficiency. What a sad act. Oh well .... I presume now that theres no F1 in the UK people will buy less Ferraris .. remember England buys the most Ferraris of anywhere in the world. Anyway .. about the assasination.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Well ... Bernie Ecclestone proved that he is as babyish as first assumed. All because of one stupid childish grudge. Anyone want to place bets on how long it will be until Bernie is assasinated? I would do it myself but it seems he wont be coming to my country anymore because he is a sad little man who cant make one of the worlds longest running motorsports interesting and probably hates Jacky Stewart because he can drive and Bernie is still yet to achieve his Year 3 Cycling Proficiency. What a sad act. Oh well .... I presume now that theres no F1 in the UK people will buy less Ferraris .. remember England buys the most Ferraris of anywhere in the world. Anyway .. about the assasination.
    I have a couple land-mines and ak-47's in my garage, ready when you are.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

no more silverstone oh no thats not good
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

I hope you all know Bernie will be axing the French Grand Prix and San Marino soon too so that we can have a Chinese and Bahrain GP. They may have better facilities but they barely have any population. F1 is going down ... Oh well, theres plenty more motorsports that acutally contain racing and not just parading around a circuit. W00t! FIA GT W00t!

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    The beginning of the end?

F1 has been going downhill steadily for a while.

The quality of the racing has deteriorated severely in the last few years.
    Fuel stops lead to the situation where races are won by the strategy of the teams, rather than driver skill.

Overtaking in pitstops replaced on-track overtaking, and many of the races have become processions.

During the late 1990s many teams started dropping out due to increasing costs, so now there are too few teams, and they are split into the top teams - Ferrari, Williams, McLaren, Renault, Toyota and BAR who are competative because they have the huge budgets of major motor manufacturers - FIAT, BMW, DaimlerChrysler, Renault, Toyota and Honda.

Then there are the the "Privateers" Sauber, Jordan, Minardi. Sauber have quite a bit of money, so are basically running last year's Ferrari. Minardi and Jordan are fighting it out for last place though.

All of the major motor co.s are merely interested in results and advertising, so that they can sell cars.

It is more of a corperate exposition than a sport.

The new tracks, and many of the existing European ones have great facilities, and high levels of investment.

Silverstone is a very poor facility compared to China. If you were a corperate sponsor, would you rather hang out in newly built, high-tech facilities in an exciting and exotic city or at a damp, run-down airstrip in Northamptonshire?

Look at what happened when a London GP was suggested:
    All of the people on the corperate/ business side liked the idea.
    It would be a great venue, and would be great for London.

All of the people who care about racing said, quite rightly, that it was stupid, because the racing would be awful.
    Thanks for all the fish

Bernie wanted 13.3 mln$ from the organisers. Where have the times gone when organisers actually received money for making available their facilities?

Let's all go to Hyderabad, for the upcoming Indian Grand Prix. I want one in Lagos too.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Bernie wanted 13.3 mln$ from the organisers. Where have the times gone when organisers actually received money for making available their facilities?
    The previous promoter for the British GP - an American company - had ALREADY PAID Bernie the fees to host last years and the next 2 years GPs in Britain. This was all handed over when they folded and cleared their debt,

So, ACTUALLY, Bernie's comments about "gentlemans clubs" ius rather rich consider he's acting like the Mafia and wanting paid TWICE !! He's a greedy little turd and if this is the end of F1, so be it.

Listening to JYS interview, there are NO GPs in thee world making a profit right now - WHY ? Because Bernie is pocketing 10s of millions of dollars every race for his OWN fortune.

JYS also pointed out that BRDC were already going to reduce funding to the lower forms of racing in the UK to get close to Bernie's asking price. Well frankly I think that's a travesty. British racing has providing the learning ground for almost all of the drivers in the top echelons of open seater and saloon racing. It's the funding by the "gentlemans club" - BRDC - that has provided the development for up and coming drivers for decades. Bernie should be told to sticxk his little captialist head up his arse !! And in the meatime BRDC should add a contractual clause that ANY F1 driver 'trained' through community funding of races by BRDC should have all those costs refunded by the Formaul One adminstration before they can race !! Then let Bernie see why sometimes a "gentlemans club" morality to help those up and coming is WANTED by drivers and spectators and NOT HIS SELF-SERVING banking machine.

RIP F1
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Sad news, a coup should be formed to kick Bernie out of F1 on his almighty ass. It'll be sad to see the British GP at Silverstone go, but it won't keep me away from watching next year, although I think some MAJOR revisions to the sport are in due if it wants to stay alive. F1 is taking a path similar to that of CART, where the British GP is the equivalent to the Detroit GP in CART.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

All this bad news in a matter of weeks (first Jaguar, now Silverstone) cant be doing any good, all fuel to the GPWC fire i suppose
    I am the Stig

UPDATE:

( I have a lot of respect for JYS, he has always represented the smaller teams, tracksm drivers and clubs while he was at the top of the psort and after )

Anyway, an insight from him on the negotiations .....

Stewart has been hoping for the Government to intervene and save the race, by making up the £3million shortfall between Ecclestone's price and the BRDC's offer.

But the three-time world champion claimed at the weekend that Ecclestone had told ministers not to put any public money into the race.
    from www.itv-f1.com

Time to convince Bush that Ecclestone is a threat to world security and has WMDs ( Weapons of Motorsport Destruction )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I dont see why the UK government would pay any attention to him, but if the situation was anything like if Bernie gives Stewart a hard time over Silverstone, he'll get more government support for a London GP etc.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information