Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Presidential Debate

Its painfully obvious why people vote for Bush. ITs because he acts like your friendly neighbour, the guy who sits beside you in church, the person who you shop with at the gun shop. Kerry seems like a nobody in comparison. The majority of republicans, in my opinion, don't really care about a president that does anything to solve real problems, but instead seems like a really nice guy.

I think the Bush' administration has severely changed the world's look at the USA. At 9/11 everybody felt sorry for the country and now three years later American athletes get yelled at at the Olympics.

I sincerely hope Kerry can get some of the world's respect for the USA back.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Go Kerry, at least he won't jump into a war on terrorism in Iraq So far, the only link they must have found in Al-Qaeda and Iraq is the Q! Also, ever since Iraq was invaded and taken over, anarchy has broken out- 3 bombings yesterday... come on America, vote for the man, not for the chimp.

One key issue that Kerry would certainly do better than Bush on is addressing the extreme national US debt. It's going to lead to a huge eventual economic slump if nothing is done about it. As people have been saying, economists are going to have to learn to subtract... it's hard to name a single major thing involved in current US economics that is sustainable in any way. That's got to be way more of a real issue than anything both candidates are wasting their time talking about. Pretty ridiculous... I feel sorry for Americans how badly that the entire campaign (on both sides) has played out so far.

This whole debate is junk. Debates always are, they had plently of time to prepare for the questions and prepare rebudles as well. This debate didn't help me at all in figuring out who I'd like to vote for.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    One key issue that Kerry would certainly do better than Bush on is addressing the extreme national US debt. It's going to lead to a huge eventual economic slump if nothing is done about it. As people have been saying, economists are going to have to learn to subtract... it's hard to name a single major thing involved in current US economics that is sustainable in any way. That's got to be way more of a real issue than anything both candidates are wasting their time talking about. Pretty ridiculous... I feel sorry for Americans how badly that the entire campaign (on both sides) has played out so far.
    I'd never look to the president to fix economic problems on any major level, the fact is economics naturally run a BOOM and BUST pattern. No president will change that.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Tifosi
    I'd never look to the president to fix economic problems on any major level, the fact is economics naturally run a BOOM and BUST pattern. No president will change that.
    ??

So every CEO of a major company, every owner of a business, every mom-and-pop company has no ability to change their business ?

Yep, operating at the macro-economics level is harder but incomgins and outgouings are still fundamental and so far the US budget relies on somehow having some boom in the future which will recover all the debt OR it's dumb managemnet pushing the problem onto the next president/future generation. I know which one I think is being 'followed'

Anyway on the debate, I was astounded inthe lead up to it where it was said that there was a 30 page document agreed between both parties as to what coudl and coudlnt' be talked about, what questions would and wouldnt' be asked, the temperature ot the room etc ( seemingly Kerry is a 'sweater' )
    So it was never really a 'debate' was it ? Sad, but our hustings have also disapeared and the spin-doctors rule
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I wasn't able to view it, does anyone know if it downloadable somewhere?
    UCP biggest Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic & Mercedes CLK-GTR SuperSport fan

iTunes usually has that type of thing a couple days later. They had all the convention speeches.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    I think the Bush' administration has severely changed the world's look at the USA. At 9/11 everybody felt sorry for the country and now three years later American athletes get yelled at at the Olympics.

I sincerely hope Kerry can get some of the world's respect for the USA back.
    I remember that and felt sorry too.

I too hope Kerry wins and stops with this emabarassment.

My Porsche: Remember that we are (or you guys, cause I cannot vote) voting for a better USA and not a better Texas.

I just went into my Corporate Finance class and talked about the debate with a guy from Texas and he right away told me that he favored Bush... That he was a "Bush kind of guy".. I was nice about it and said that since I'm not American my oppinion could be more neutral than his who is from the President's state and that IMO Kerry's answers were better during the debate. That pissed him off. So I told him, and this goes to everyone: That you have to try and watch it from a neutral point, no matter who you like, you just have to give them both a chance cause if you see it thinking "Bush is the best and I agree with everything he'll say" there's no really a point in watching the program.

Although I have to admit that from the beggining I couldn't be 100% neutral.. But come on... how can you be when this guy has commited so many mistakes already?

Because I lot of people don't view them as "mistakes".
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    Because I lot of people don't view them as "mistakes".
    That's true, also, there are a lot of hard core republicans out there and will vote republican no matter what the president does, hell, these people won't even admit he has made mistakes, that would be like double crossing the republican party to them.

Any way, in the next debate, they'll be talking about economics. I'm sure Bush will have a much harder time defending his policies.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

just because i am from texas doesnt mean i am automatically conservative, in houston it is about 90% liberals, so that excuse doesnt work. no more, oh he just likes bush cause hes from texas! Thats not the only reason, yes, he has made a few mistakes, but the war was not one of them

how many of you can honestly sit there and with a straight face, say, "saddam was not a bad man, he never hurt anyone" i pity those who can

sure there are those who say "its not our place to go into a country and start a pre-emptive war" but would you rather take a chance and have another 9/11 type experience? didnt think so

the election should be very interesting, as bush is still ahead in the polls, yet, all i hear everyday from every one, is "bush sucks, vote kerry" but, magically bush is ahead, so either not everyone who says "vote kerry" actually will, or the only people who get ANY media attentionat all, are flaming liberals with an extremely biased opinion

maybe the name has something to do with it, "conservatives" i guess that means we dont seek out any possible media attention just to get it and support our candidate, but whatever

keep in mind this are my own opinions, and i can honestly say, i have formed them myself, not by any influence from my parents, they even said "make up your own mind, we have no bearing on your decision, we dont mind if you are a liberal even though we arent, and we dont care if you are a conservative"

these are my views. and i in no way look down upon liberals, i only dissagree politically, i have alot of friends who are liberals, i realise i wont cahnge your opinion, but i hope i can just inform you as to the view from our side, so we can all see it from the other way around
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

haha you go to www.collegehumor.com too? i love that site!!!
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche

how many of you can honestly sit there and with a straight face, say, "saddam was not a bad man, he never hurt anyone" i pity those who can
    I am sure Donald Rumsfeld must have used words of similar nature when he supported Saddam in his war against Iran in the eighties. Compared to the change to his current position the alleged regular changes in Kerry's points of view are only minor issues.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information