Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HSV Coupe 4

man if u lost count of the number of FPV's you saw, i think ud have an annurism if u tried to count the number of standard XR6's on the street, there everywhere

even down here in tasmania you see shitloads of XR6/XR8?GT/GT-P's, but theres only one pursuit that i know of. its got the number plates "RIP-HSV" and the owner recently lost his license beceause he was caught doing a dollar-eighty!

well i think most of the people around where i live are povo's, ive only seen i gt, 1 gt-p and no pursuit utes as most of them can only afford XR6's

I see plenty of XR6's here is Brisbane. I think you are right, FPV, there are a ton of one eyed holden lovers out there. There really is no good reason why the Commodore is outselling the falcon at the moment, as the Holden is plainly outclassed in every way, including engine, quality, handling, performance...the list goes on.

Goes to show that the public cannot be relied upon to make the best choice.

the public relies on an image, and that was the AU's shortfall and the VT's gain. the fact that within a year the BA has been able to challenge the commodore for top spot, coming from being outsold 2-1 is a real credit to ford

Originally posted by Nildo
    I see plenty of XR6's here is Brisbane. I think you are right, FPV, there are a ton of one eyed holden lovers out there. There really is no good reason why the Commodore is outselling the falcon at the moment, as the Holden is plainly outclassed in every way, including engine, quality, handling, performance...the list goes on.

Goes to show that the public cannot be relied upon to make the best choice.
    There are of course no one eyed Ford lovers. No offence to these two because I respect there objectivity as far as their comments go but you dont see too many names like Falcon500 and fpv_gtho on this site that relate to Holden. Your second comments vagueness is surpassed only by its inaccuracy. In what way does the Ford V8 outclass the Holden 350 ( and OHC is not a valid answer)? Quality? lets have some examples. Handling I'll concede although more so in the 6cyl if you are basing your obsevations on magazine reviews. Performance is superior in the 6 but the SS still holds the edge in the V8s although not by much. Im intersted in the rest of the list.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

well ive seen plenty of names out there refering to holden, i can only think of holdenluvr and aych es vee at the moment, but most of them were from when they first put up the forums

i'll give you that FPV_GTHO and i agree the AU falcon caused ford to lose considerable ground in the battle so much so that it left buyers with pretty much its enemy the Commodore this was when holden really hit the gas but with the introduction of the BA it would seem that falcon should be winning back a few customers because the BA has alot of things that the commodore doesn't have and has great figures but the AU unfortunatly is still affecing Ford's sales in Australia and it still may for some time to come. It presently has a weak advertising campaign, where i live atleast, which is the Gold Coast. Holden however, definitly has an agressive marketing campaign. They have the right coulor schemes that make people notice the logo and pay people like Peter Brock, a racing icon to promote there product. A shrewed tactic and most consumers are easily persuaded by these things.

well if ford wanted to boost their marketing pitch by including racing icons in the advertisements, names like alan moffat, dick johnson and glen seton would be on the list, but alan moffat is the only one with a considerable amount of victories ot his name and i wouldnt be surprised if he declined an invitation to be in the advertising campaign. ford dont want to portray the falcon the wrong way and after AU theyve been taking it very conservatively as they need to attract a broad spectrum of buyers rather than target minorities

well they tried to market the AU and it back fired on them and they spent a considerable amount of money on that campaign for very little return. One of holdens strong points was that buy creating like 20 diffrent equipement packs they could appeal to more peolpe and create a package that was right for peoples budget and needs. another well used tactic. As you know i dont like much that has been made by Holden but if i ever wanted anything from them it would be their marketing team cause they are geniuses. Ford have attempted this but not to the extent that holden has.

Originally posted by Demaxy
    the BA has alot of things that the commodore doesn't have
    What exactly?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Well comfort for one thing, the BA is alot more comforatable to sit in and drive, it also has the self adjusting movable pedals makes the driving position alot better then the holdens. They have a nicer 'feel' to the holdens as well. Ford as better value for money as well.

dont forget the build quality

ohh yeah thanks i forgot about that one but i dont know how. My dads old VR commodore Equipe had the electronic retracting aerial and one day he turned the kay and the aerial went up and kept going till it fell out and we drove it over to holden and the small motor driving the aerial was going the whole way there. lol stupid POS. So after that car he bought a Subaru Forester and now he's on his third Forester.

well the highly publicised quality issues of the VT/VX/VY were something handlingberger wanted to try and get rid off but now that hes just about to go into retiremant i dont think its gunna happen too soon, especially when hes being succeeded by an american and we know what their quality is like

Thread Information