Thread: Supercharger for my Camry!

Supercharger for my Camry!

when i get my license and inherit my bros 01 camry i wanna put a turbo or supercharger in it. that and a stereo are the only things ill probably do to it, although if i get a job and can afford it i may (in no order of importance) do a brake upgrade, get largeer discs up front and upgrade from the drums in the rear, maybe some lightweight rims, and maybe an inch/ inch and a half lower. ill promise not to rice it. if it suits me maybe a nice set of performance headers and free-er flowing exhaust system. idn well see how it goes. but anyway, any suggestions on supercharger or turbocharger and what kind to get? btw, I-4 engine on this beast.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

i heard turbonetic's is good, but i dont know much about them
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

whipple chargers are good.
    UCP's Most Hardcore 2 Door Performance Car Freak

UCP's Most Hardcore Fitness Freak

Im Going To Be A Millionare At 17

Argue Me If You Want ^^

a camry

iv seen one nice looking done up camry in my time and it had the works. still good luck with your mods mate.
    The Datto will rage again...

Are you allowed to sell it?

The best deal for good power (if you really want a Camry) would be to get a V6 model... I've driven one, and they've got surprisingly decent power

Thats true the 3L 6 goes alright, goodness knows why they put it in the Avalon?
    The Datto will rage again...

My mum's got a 98 V6 Camry and that goes pretty hard...Hard enoughto throw me back in the drivers seat when i floor it, and make me get thrown forward when i lift off ...

Seriously though, i'd only be considering a turbo kit for a 4 cylinder as most superchargers would rob too much power in order to make it...and most centrifugal superchargers dont have good enough results as they spin about 1/3 the speed of a turbo. Then you've got to think before you do ANYTHING, would you rather do up a RWD or FWD..FWD's reach their limit for traction not that far above 150kw, so yo bound to start having issues when you drive it "enthusiastically"
    I am the Stig

Having a sleeper Camry would kick ass, taking it over fully stock and beating the shit out of the ricers in their Hyundais and Neons, that would just be the funniest thing ever!

yea wouldnt it? just like that minivan sum1 posted a while back that does liek an 11 sec 1/4 mile.

thanx for the advice guys.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Thread Information