Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: i went to the motorshow today

Quote Originally Posted by BaRRa
    Dammit, I was like "YOU CAN SIT IN THE FORD GT!??#", but then I realised it was a Falcon GT when I saw the pic. You bastard.

I gotta make sure I get down there some time this week, this is probably their best line-up of cars ever!
    haha!

i didnt get to sit in anything great but the best seats award goes to the falcon GT, while the best overall interior (that i sat in) went to the alfa GT coupe. its just really nice inside.

the 147 is also surprisingly nice inside, but i wasnt impressed with the c55AMG interior. i was expecting a lot more from merc/AMG.
    halo 2 - november 9

You are so damn lucky. You got to see the Pagani Zonda Roadster 7.3!

What I liked

I found that the Ferrari / Porsche stands had very few people hanging around them - probably because they had nothing new, but the Joss was sitting next to the Koenigsegg and there was a couple looking at the Joss and a huge crowd around the Koenigsegg.

The Noble was finished to a higher standard than I expected and I was pleasantly surprised when I didn’t jam my head into the roof liner. The pedal box was small, but positively roomy compared to the Zonda. The Nobles sight lines were good (for a sports car), but the front corners are invisible for parking. The A pillar is a long way back so it wont get in the way when picking apexes and all the gauges are in a good sight line.

The Pagani has a very wide sill and a very small pedal box - my size 10 (44) shoes could touch all 3 pedals if I wanted, this would require race shoes for any driving but the finish work is absolutely exquisite. All the panels and luggage compartments have beautifully finished leather straps with buckles to hold them closed in addition to the catch. The periscope air vents fit the car well and the carbon is well laid even in areas with compound curves like the airbox.

The Joss defiantly look like it deserved the Prototype stickers it had all over it, the finish was not up to a standard I would pay that much for.

The Koenigsegg has a beautiful, slightly understated shape (you could never say the same about the Zonda) and has the most convoluted engine cover shape I have ever seen- it would have to be a nightmare to lay-up. It has a reasonable width pedal box (my feet fitted), but the door opening mechanism combined with the sill width makes it very interesting to enter. It was a little cramped (I'm 193cm (6'3") and 96kg) there was a lack of head room, but this can be rectified with a slightly different seat, and the steering column adjuster was hitting against my knee, again with the different seat this would be removed. The dial behind the gear lever controls looks messy in the photos but works very well in the flesh (metal?).

Of all the cars that caught my interest the Pagani was a surprise due the quality of the workmanship in the finishing and interior (right up there with Bentley).

I didn’t have enough time to thoroughly see everything so I will be heading back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    I found that the Ferrari / Porsche stands had very few people hanging around them - probably because they had nothing new, but the Joss was sitting next to the Koenigsegg and there was a couple looking at the Joss and a huge crowd around the Koenigsegg.

The Noble was finished to a higher standard than I expected and I was pleasantly surprised when I didn’t jam my head into the roof liner. The pedal box was small, but positively roomy compared to the Zonda. The Nobles sight lines were good (for a sports car), but the front corners are invisible for parking. The A pillar is a long way back so it wont get in the way when picking apexes and all the gauges are in a good sight line.

The Pagani has a very wide sill and a very small pedal box - my size 10 (44) shoes could touch all 3 pedals if I wanted, this would require race shoes for any driving but the finish work is absolutely exquisite. All the panels and luggage compartments have beautifully finished leather straps with buckles to hold them closed in addition to the catch. The periscope air vents fit the car well and the carbon is well laid even in areas with compound curves like the airbox.

The Joss defiantly look like it deserved the Prototype stickers it had all over it, the finish was not up to a standard I would pay that much for.

The Koenigsegg has a beautiful, slightly understated shape (you could never say the same about the Zonda) and has the most convoluted engine cover shape I have ever seen- it would have to be a nightmare to lay-up. It has a reasonable width pedal box (my feet fitted), but the door opening mechanism combined with the sill width makes it very interesting to enter. It was a little cramped (I'm 193cm (6'3") and 96kg) there was a lack of head room, but this can be rectified with a slightly different seat, and the steering column adjuster was hitting against my knee, again with the different seat this would be removed. The dial behind the gear lever controls looks messy in the photos but works very well in the flesh (metal?).

Of all the cars that caught my interest the Pagani was a surprise due the quality of the workmanship in the finishing and interior (right up there with Bentley).

I didn’t have enough time to thoroughly see everything so I will be heading back soon.
    how the crap did you get into the zonda, koenigsegg, and noble??
    halo 2 - november 9

Good pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by danno
    how the crap did you get into the zonda, koenigsegg, and noble??
    You have to be serious about buying one.

Noble/AMV8 in next 12 months and super car in about 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    You have to be serious about buying one.

Noble/AMV8 in next 12 months and super car in about 3 years.
    and how do you expect to be able to afford that?
    halo 2 - november 9

First thing i do when i get into a new car, Is drop the seat height straight down,
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

i hopped in the territory and XR8 at the show....both felt pretty good, i kept playing with the gearshift in the X8
    I am the Stig

i put the seat all the way down in the new commi, that was fine, shoved it all the way back out of habit, im 6'6 so i usually HAVE to, this was too far back!!! i was like WTF and had to move the seat forward to be comfortable! at least theres plenty of room in the new commis, dunno bout the falcons though...
    The Datto will rage again...

I'm f*cked really.......to have my feet close enough to the pedals, especially in a manual, so that i feel comfortable driving, im probably a bit too close to the wheels with my arms.....in my dads one tonner its not so bad cause i only really have to do it in manual's so my left leg doesnt shake to the shithouse riding the clutch...but maybe its just the heavy duty clutch he stuck in the 'cruiser
    I am the Stig

heavy clutch's are annoyn. half the time theyre either in or out, very difficult to find the pick up point. my clutch rocks, its soft as sh!t you only need to press it in about 2 inches and you can shift, so by the time you stab it to the floor and let go youve shifted

well the cruiser being a diesel helps, but you gotta give it a bit of revs still after the friction point otherwise it'll kangaroo a bit......my brother doesnt shift right with the clutch though, jus puts it in a bit and goes for it
    I am the Stig

one of the 1st cars i ever drove was a diesel ute, was nice and simple, a real pleasure to drive

first car i have driven was my mums 96 liberty, just after the new clutch was installed. feather light, think about pressing it in and it was in, amusing for me.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information