Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1,200HP 74 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    The prob is they take a lot of space and use a lot of bandwith which costs money.

but if im using that site to host them, and just posting the link on here it wont change anythign will it ?
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    but if im using that site to host them, and just posting the link on here it wont change anythign will it ?
    It wouldn't, but then you have another problem... That vids would only be hosted for a week.

It wouldn't, but then you have another problem... That vids would only be hosted for a week.

yeah suppose, might just be better making a thread about it that will be gone withing the week and forgotten

but i do have 50mb of webspace that i culd use if figured out how to
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

wow that is the official convertible batmobile...and look at that huuuuge lip on the rims of the rear wheels

Quote Originally Posted by CoTTerik
    woo hoo! those rims are nasty Ok bodykit though! I think that much power is pointless to be honest but it cud act as a good alarm clock for the neighbourhood!

you watch the vid you wont think that

Man, if I see something here, sooner or later, it gets to GTP. If I see at GTP, sooner or later, it gets here.

Its a nice car. It's Batman's daily driver.

AWESOME !!! Wretched Excess never looked better (for North America anyways)

Great find Niko, and great video Mustang.

I talked to the owner of the site and told me that the pics/video are down because it was having too many downloads and was close to go over the bandwith limit.

He also said that they are making a MUCH better video and it's soon to be hosted.

I knew you would like it NoOne, you also liked the 1021HP Camaro I posted. *Niko takes notes: Dave likes cars with over 1000HP*

HeHeHe

This car will be sold at the Barret-Jackson auction in January. With sale number 746, it
    will be on SpeedTV's live coverage Friday night."

Hey! i'm going to that auction! i'll take pics

btw, the guy rebuilding my dad's camaro is selling his red corvette to barret jackson before the auction
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

I remember this car!

It certainly wasn't made by Andrew Distad... it was made by Steven Kamis! He was a rich stock broker who built up this 'Vette a few years back.

He used to have a massive gallery of the entire builtup, from buying the original smashed-up C3 'Vette all the way through until the project was complete. He spend something like $200,000 building up the fastest, best-handling C3 ever. He used the best of everything...and then sold it... why?

Becase he wouldn't fit in the seat properly! He was 6'4" or something, and pretty big too, so he didn't fit properly in the car. I was pretty shocked to see why he sold it, considering that it probably could've been modified to fit him personally!

I still have a video of it on my computer that Steven took right after the buildup was complete, and he was driving it along the city streets. He would be idling and speeding, and any time he hit the gas just slightly it would scare him, and he'd apologize to the camera man!

I got through to his old site (which has been down for a few years) by using www.archive.org - you can still see the remenants of the text, but sorry, no pictures.

http://web.archive.org/web/200212080...e/default1.asp

This car is truly an exercise in excess. Can't say I like it but I do respect the amount of work that went into building it. 1,200 hp!! Isn't Bugatti having trouble with transmissions chewing up their insides with 199 hp less. My main problem with this car is its purpose. It can't possibly out-accelerate mid-engined or AWDs, as it'll be impossible for the tires to hook up. With a C3 chassis, how well can it possibly handle. Awe inspiring, yes but in an adolescent way. Still, kudos to the builder for a true reference vette.

I'd take a stock C6 in a heartbeat
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Wow...can't say I'd want it. 1200hp is cool but...too hard to drive. Not a fan of that body kit either.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

I think the 74 has alwasy been the best corvette, but those mods put it was over the top. Despite what anybody says, The rims kick ass, the body kicks ass, the engine kicks ass, hell even the paint kicks serious ass.

BTW: For some reason when ever I see these dangerously high hp american gas chugers I wonder what they would do at Norchlife (i think) against europes more responsible high hp cars.
    Last edited by 16-4Veyron; 10-08-2004 at 09:08 PM.

oh...... nvm i guess I joined in october, my bad. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 16-4Veyron
    BTW: For some reason when ever I see these dangerously high hp american gas chugers I wonder what they would do at Norchlife (i think) against europes more responsible high hp cars.

if you watch the vid at the end when he accelerated it gets a bit "tail happy" so i think going round the corners on the ring would be a bit difficult

Thread Information