Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what sporting position do you respect most?

what sporting position do you respect most?

as a soccer goalie i have great respect for the best goalies out there.

recently i was watching some ice hockey, i must say that the canadian teams goalie was F**KING AMAZING!!! the reaction time was hypersonic, he COUGHT the puck! i mean JEEZ!

but thats just me.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

co-driver/navigator in ANY rally car.

Can't see out the window, reading notes telling the driver to go faster than he should and always expecting that tree to hit YOUR door - drivers NEVER put their sides into the forests

seriously though .. The great QBs in NFL, not just the ones who play what the coach sends in. So the combinatino of strategy, vision to seee a whole field, strength to shrug of defenses, agility to avoid them, accuracy of throwing and ocassionally STUPIDTY to try to run the ball in to the endzone
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The guys in a cycling mountain stage that have to keep the pace high to prevent escapes that would force their team chief to react. Prime examples are Isidro Nozal, (this years Vuelta, working for Heras) and Acevedo for Lance Armstrong in the TdF 2004) Potentially they also could be the winners, but they have signed up for an assistance role.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

A AFL (Aussie rules Coach) ........Monday your job is safe... Thursday your fired
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    A AFL (Aussie rules Coach) ........Monday your job is safe... Thursday your fired
    you mean tuesday
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    you mean tuesday
    No they give them a couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    No they give them a couple of days
    but that's torture.

That's AFL It happend this year to my club, On Friday the coach was told infront of a big crowd he would coach next year,,, 3-5 Days later he was sacked But he did coach out the rest of the season and it took heart cause he was gutterd. He was told he was safe it's cruel, But in the end it's whats best for the Club, And that's why being a AFL Coach is tuff cause you can never be safe in your Job,
    And trust me they work hard they are always going through footage on tapes they musn't get much sleep

agree wit the navigator role....but i think the bravest(mebe stupidest acc. to some) are destruction derby drivers...and the guys who do stunts...
    *salute*
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    co-driver/navigator in ANY rally car.
    guess you got there before me

i agree with that
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Although i donīt see it, just seen it on tv a couple of time... i think that the "drag boat" drivers have a pretty dificult time.

baseball pitchers, they have the most pressure put on them that i can think of, and they use their arm so much they have to ice it for days, and then do it all over again!

This is a tough one...

I'd have to say either an NFL QB, or F1 driver.

Matra allready gave all the reasons for the QB. Oh bye the way, go Eagles! Go Donovan!

F1 drivers, I think we all know the difficulties of that sport.

Oh also, NHL goalies don't have it that tough . Sure they have some incredible skills, but they are the most protected position in the game. I won't try and take anything else away from them though.
    Last edited by more-boost1555; 10-14-2004 at 08:59 AM.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Cyclists, not ones infused with EPO but the real competitors.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

I agree with whiteballz and Matra. Goalies in general, doesn't matter if it's hocky or soccer, are supposed to catch shots that are meant to be uncatchable and stop shots that are meant to be unstopable.

Rally co-drivers have to put all their faith on another person, I could never do that! And NFL QBs for the reasons Matra said.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Thread Information