Thread: Another New team to join F1 in 2006

Another New team to join F1 in 2006

The team Dubai F1 is to enter the F1 championship in 2006. This team will be based in Dubai but will work out of England as well. Talks between this Dubai team and McLaren Mercedes are going on for an engine and technical support. If someone buys out the Jaguar team and no one leaves next year, then we'll have 12 teams on the field in 2006, which will be great. As of the Regualations right now 12 is the maximum amount of teams.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Sounds great, let's see how well they perform. When are they choosing the drivers?

Both of the new teams said more details will be revealed around November/December time.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Tifossi
    If someone buys out the Jaguar team and no one leaves next year, then we'll have 12 teams on the field in 2006, which will be great.
    I thought the jaguar team will be replaced with Ford Racing team next year

but, this is good news anyway... 12 teams = 24 cars... should be interesting to see what the 2 new teams can come up with.
    Last edited by r1ckst4; 10-19-2004 at 01:43 AM. Reason: forgot to add quote
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

well that was a rumour that it would change to FordF1 with further funding from FoMoCo, but they couldnt justify the expenses anymore so they pulled out alltogether. Now its looking like Red Bull might buy out the team, theyre already involved with Christian Klien
    I am the Stig

hmm, wasn't Eddie Jordan discussing selling up to a group in Dubai ?
    Is this a NEW team or a rename of Jordan
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

A new team. Eddie didn't sell.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Dubai wanted the recognition for starting from scratch rather than a take over i think
    I am the Stig

EXCELLETN> I was worried about losing Eddie now the last 'character' amongst the old-school team owners.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

source?

It is the lead article in this week's Autosport.

I don't care enough to buy the magazine, but scanning through the article they seemed to think that McLaren would effectively have a 4 car team in 2006.

KR and JPM with Team McLaren Mercedes, and DC and NH(eidfeld) with Team Dubai Mercedes.

I have seem some things saying that this will be bad for McLaren because they won't be concentrating 100% on their own car, but having seen the structure and facilities it make a huge ammount of sense to actually use them to their fullest ability.

I don't know how close the teams will be, if they will be basically the same team, with McLaren getting slightly better engines/ components etc, or if Dubai will be more independant,such as Ferrari and Sauber.

One report I read said that Dubai will have a chassis "developed" by McLaren.

Bearing in mind that McLaren supply electronics systems to 80% of the teams in F1, as well as almost all of the WRC teams, I think they will be able to keep the other team seperate if neccessary.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information