Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V8 Supercars: Rnd11 Gillette V8 Supercar challenge, Indy 300

maybe you should have a look at the driver's code of ethics before you say anything else.....
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    maybe you should have a look at the driver's code of ethics before you say anything else.....
    Do you mean "SCHEDULE B5 CODE OF DRIVING CONDUCT" ?

I see Rule 2.4 states:
    Any obstructive manoeuvre carried out by one or several drivers, either having common interests or not, is prohibited.
    The persistent driving abreast of several Cars as well as a fan-shaped arrangement, is authorised only if there is not another Car trying to overtake, otherwise, the blue flag will be waved.

Is this the rule I should read? I donth think he breached that one. Well he didn't get the blue flag warning anyway.

Also Found this interesting rule

B 6.5.14 A person by words, acts or omissions abuse, intimidate or threaten any other person.

I guess you could take that either way, maybe Kelly was "intimidating" Ambrose
    UCP's Biggest Murph Fan, dont tell him though, he might think im a bit gay.

Thats me and Murph on the left. Im the taller one.

read all the rules you want, just dont expect to get away with blind ignorance, simply thinking kelly can "simply" hound the back of Ambrose's car, trying to get him to slip of being a lap down and out of contention, and if he were to get ahead, simply hold him up for the benefit of his team mate.

kelly had a few screws loose that weekend and trying to prove Ambrose was more at fault in that situation than rick wont clear his name
    I am the Stig

You told me to look at the rules so I did. But I still cant find the one that Kelly was supposed to have breached in reguards to following Ambrose to close.

Also Dont forget Ambrose too has to clear his name, primarily for his dangerous driving in the alleged and convicted "brake test" scenario and also for the verbal abuse and intimadation in the pit lane.

Thats the second time this year SBR have been involved in Dangerous antics on the race track.

Sure Kelly had a shocker and he payed the price for his Illegal doings, two drive-throughs and a 1 minute penalty, but you seem hung up on the fact that he wouldn't just stand aside and gift the championship to Ambrose, He didn't hit him, he didn't cause him to loose any posistions or points and he certianly in my view, or that of the judiciary, breach any rules regarding his time following Ambrose!

And you say Im Blind ignorant!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waatz
    This is a championship here and there are teams, I dont realy see how what Kelly done was uncalled for, he could have passed Ambrose and then slowed and held him up for Murph, either way some people are going to be happy and some people aint'.

with comments like that you are IMO.....add to the fact your signature
    and you might even say youve got a thing against Ambrose...

And why does Ambrose have to clear his name, he got his $10K fine and i havent heard of any SBR appeal. Its Rick Kelly going up against the stewards at Launceston afterall
    I am the Stig

Guys... calm down. I don't really see the Ambrose-Kelly thing as a big deal. Nor did Neil Crompton on the TV coverage. Crompton's words were to the effect of "drivers get a bit hot under the collar and say and do things they probably shouldn't. After 10 minutes they calm down and are mates again..." (or words to that effect...its not a direct quote).
    Thing is this - Ambrose got upset with Kelly's driving, gave him a brake test, a verbal reference and (appropriately) got fined for it. Ambrose got hot under the collar in the heat of battle and may well regret what he did. Kelly, as a lapped car, shouldn't have been following so close, but technically he didn't breach any rules. He just wasn't as "sporting" as he could have been. Partly, Kelly was trying to show he had the car speed to be a threat if it hadn't been for the deserved drive through.
    I think the Ambrose-Kelly incident is a bit of a beat up, when in realty it was just something that happens in motorsport. Its a media beat up because one drives for Ford and the other for Holden - and it's major news because it suits AVESCO and the media to push the Ford/Holden battle. The realty is that Crompton got it right - it was one of those things that happens in motorsport.
    Now on the other hand a Holden driver (Kelly) takes out another Holden driver (Bright) and its not so big news, despite the seriousness of the incident. Bright could have been seriously injured or worse, and his championship was basically ruined. Now where's the media focus on this more serious incident? There's less focus because there's no Holden-Ford rivalry to centre on in this incident. Perhaps the fact Kelly apologised to Bright also helped. However, that's the incident which was the worst over the weekend, and that's the incident which the media should be talking about.
    The incident highlighted the issue of driving standards and more important showcased how good the HANS device is.
    Now, lets forget the Ambrose-Kelly tiff - its unimportant in the overall scheme of things.

Oh and before I forget - did Winterbottom get off scott free with his rather foolhardy move on Tander at Bathurst? Since I'm advocating a substantial penalty for Kelly, I'll have to be consistent and suggest that incident should be looked at again.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

i suppose its a similar story to EC2 last year, where despite Ambrose winning the championship, the media was all to happy to focus on Ingall and Skaife
    I am the Stig

Again, because it was a Ford on Holden thing. And although its ancient history, Ingall and Skaife both got of a little too lightly...

In the Bright-Kelly thing, imagine the consequences it the PWR Commodore had hit the wall with the driver's side rather than the passenger's side? I don't think I've seen many accidents which have left a V8 Supercar looking so crumpled. The only others were Lowndes accident at Calder in '99 (I honestly thought he would be dead), Murph's accident at Phillip Island in '96 (and Murph himself has said he wouldn't be here if it hadn't been for the controversal roll cage fitted to that car) and Bargwanna's accidents at Phillip Island ('99 when he rolled and '01 when he was flipped after contact with Murph at the start).
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

one of them's gotta be the crash i saw where i think it was a Commodore barrel rolling a fair few times, before resting on the bank of a bridge i think......
    I am the Stig

That'd be Lowndes crash - worst one I've ever seen in V8 Supercars.

didnt he have a fairly severe crash at Bathurst one year?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    with comments like that you are IMO.....add to the fact your signature
    and you might even say youve got a thing against Ambrose...

And why does Ambrose have to clear his name, he got his $10K fine and i havent heard of any SBR appeal. Its Rick Kelly going up against the stewards at Launceston afterall
    My sig changes race to race, this one is about ambrose needing to toughen up and get over the fact that he was being preasured by another driver on the track.

SBR havn't appealed because they know they were in the wrong.

Methinks you just wanted it to play into Murph's hands, you practically said it before, and now your NEW sig says it all......Ambrose may or may not need to toughen up, but its not because he's being pressured. He won the freakin championship last year, you think he hasnt experienced driving under pressure before?
    I am the Stig

Rick Kellys not a driver ,hes a rich kid who hasnt reached puberty yet.Daddy buy me alevel 1 franchise so I can race,Thank you daddy.In my opinion put Stockell in that car,he would absolutely flog that little pimply upstart
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

I think there's been rumours Stokell would take Tander's place at GRM.....but maybe not, maybe i was the one who started that rumour

i personally think its too close to call, i never saw anything but the highlights which included the Bowe spin, Skaife's spin, Kelly hounding the back of Ambrose, Bright's spin from various angles, Ambrose confronting Kelly and i think that's it......but others who saw full coverage may have picked up on small things here and there....ive got the 2nd race and the indy race on video somewhere, but its one of those things that just isnt the same when you watch it afterwards, i know everything that's happened so i'd probably bore myself by trying to anticipate what i already know

what really caught me off guard was Kelly saying he was sick to the stomach that there was no "genuine" holden contender to the title anymore, i was under the impression that to the drivers it wasnt cut straight down the line ford vs holden, i thought that regardless of what make, there'd be remorse if a small mistake ended someones championship hopes, which is what happened with Ingall also...
    I am the Stig

Thread Information