Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Forums

oh i wasnt being harsh about webber. its the cars that have been letting him down. Jaguar and minardi cant seem to make cars that dont break.

17 of 18 points is awesome! no wonder teams like williams want to sign him up.
    halo 2 - november 9

Yeah i realised that, but still its a test to how much is being spent these days.....with Ford, Jaguar had about a 150million budget and even then Webber'd be racing around with Felipe Massa from Sauber and Christian Klien would be with Nick Heidfeld from Jordan. I suppose with the poor reliability in the early season from McLaren, that gave them a few welcome finishes, also the fact that despite Toyota spending about the same as Ferrari, Jaguar were usually outpacing them...

I think the highlight of the year for Jaguar though came at Hockenheim. They had dropped Pizzonia in 2003, i dont know why, people say he didnt get along with Webber and was always being outclassed, so he got the testing gig at Williams, so after he took over from Marc Gene as Ralf Shumacher's replacement, there was alot of hype of him "proving" to Jaguar what a mistake they made. It just so happened that Webber in the "inferior" Jaguar still ended up finishing ahead of Pizzonia in the Williams.
    I am the Stig

Well i managed to find it online so im errr copying it to my hard disk right now...

i mean im dl the "trial" version...
    The Datto will rage again...

heh heeh!! webber doing some owning.

Toyota cant seem to get it right no matter how much money they spend. They need people rather than money. people with experience. Money isnt gonna get them anywhere if they dont have any expertise.

Im sure jaguar had some high points, but overall they really didnt do too well.
    halo 2 - november 9

theyve got the experience now though, Ralf Schuey and Jarno Trulli. This year their head engineer i think it was, was pinched from Renault at the end of 2002

Jaguar just never got onto a strong start, at the start of winter testing the R5 was a flying brick, the Webber got his hands on it and he actually until recently i think held the fastest lap time at Silverstone.......then when everyone else got developing, Jaguar were a bit slow with their development parts and they really suffered. the 2 times webber qualified brilliantly (2nd in malaysia, 3rd in japan) he bogged down on the start as well
    I am the Stig

lol! typical jaguar, even their normal cars are seen as cars for old people with old technology, and old styling. (the new XJ is very nice although many people will look at it and think its exactly the same as the old one)

If they have experience on board i think Toyota could go a long way.
    halo 2 - november 9

well its turned into a budget sport, and Toyota's the biggest single manufacturer so they should be able to win
    I am the Stig

yeah, he who has the most money wins

it is unfortunate though, because the companies with the most money will win rather than the companies with the talent/skill. they need to enforce a budget cap or something like that to stop the huge companies from completely pwning the little ones.
    halo 2 - november 9

Youd think so wouldnt you, but as said money doesnt give you skill
    a fast car doesnt mean fast lap times either...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    Youd think so wouldnt you, but as said money doesnt give you skill
    a fast car doesnt mean fast lap times either...
    the thing is though, with money you can buy people who have the skill you need.
    halo 2 - november 9

Ralf Schumacher wants to do to Toyota though what his brother done to Ferrari....in 1996 Ferrari was a mess..
    I am the Stig

true, hopefully itll happen. id be happy to see ANY team knock of ferrari. tools.

Yeah, but for next year Ferrari and MS are more confident then ever. Montoya, Raikkonen and McLaren will be trying to bring the fight to them, whilst Webber and the Williams will just be lurking around waiting for the right opportunity. that 2 years in the Jag have taught him the right times to punce
    I am the Stig

thats what counts in any profession, experience and what you make of them...
    hopefully hes picked up some skills along the way too

they reckon part of the reason MS is so successful is he's always pointing his engineers towards improvement in the car, they reckon Webber's the same which is whu he'll succeed at Williams.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information