Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 1986 Porsche 944 - UPDATE: Lots more photos!

My 1986 Porsche 944 - UPDATE: Lots more photos!

I picked this 1986 Porsche 944 up yesterday, and got a few pictures today. Sorry about the dismal weather.

The car is Silver with Black leather inside, lots of options, sunroof, etc. It's a 5-speed manual (of course) and it only has 125,000kms (about 80,000 miles) on the odometer. It cost an unbelievable $3600 CAD - I could probably turn around and get $7000 for it if I wanted to (but I don't want to ). Thankfully it is a 1986 model as well, because this means it has the new dashboard, as opposed the the ugly pre-1985.5 one.

The guy who sold it to me was a very nice Czech guy who needed some more room in his driveway for his 2004 Audi TT, which I got a ride in. The car even had some bumper damage which he got professionally repaired for me right before I bought it. He kept the car in really good shape (everything is still stock too), and it shows, inside and out. So bascially, I'm quite happy with it

EDIT: Proof of ownership is here
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations eggnog, great car!

Good job! Congrats, the car looks great, well deserved

Congrats eggnog, you deserve the car, especially after that last bad transaction.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

... this would seem kinda redundant but do u have to do ur own test of ownership?

Congrats man. So happy for you. It looks so awesome!

being a n00b here, what happend in your last transaction??? Cool car though, congrats!
    www.supercarfreak.net
    the best of automotive and general talk!

Congrats!! Ahh...the fruit of patience is sweet. The '86 has the updated console compared with the '84s. Nice cars
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Congrats Shawn, I hope the car will live up to your expectations.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Dont wrap it round a pole please and spend the next 12 months paying off a car you dont have anymore like my mate did with his 180SX last night (tool)

other then that, congrats on the car man! Hope you have heapsa fun with it!
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    ... this would seem kinda redundant but do u have to do ur own test of ownership?
    Yeah, I edited my post to have a link in the first post about 5 minutes after this thread went up. Should I type in bold size 4 font next time?

I'd also like to add that if you had actually checked the Proof of Ownership thread, you would've seen it... ... but that's okay, we all have days like that
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 10-28-2004 at 11:35 PM.

Nice one, Shawn.

What's the first planned "improvement" ???

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    I picked this 1986 Porsche 944 up yesterday, and got a few pictures today. Sorry about the dismal weather.

So bascially, I'm quite happy with it

It dindn't need th ownership proof as it is side by side with your first and major beauty. I'm happy for you as I'm happy for everyone one who buys such nice classics.

You are now a definitive Porsche man! Although unloved and forgotten (like the 914) it's still a very nice car. Now you need a 928 to have all the fantastic unloved but stunning Porsches.

Congrats and enjoy!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Congrats Shawn!! I'm very happy for you So, which one will you be driving more often, the 914 or the 944?
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Congrats Shawn!! I'm very happy for you So, which one will you be driving more often, the 914 or the 944?
    The insurance from the 914 expired a long time ago, and I transferred the plate to the 944. Sadly, I will be selling the 914 (there is absolutely no room for it), but it will be going to an enthusiastic owner when I do. I won't let it go unless I trust the buyer to take good care of it.

By the way Matt, you can have it now if you want to pay me when you can

For the time being, though, I own two Porsches

Thread Information