Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what would u rather for a BAGTHO?

what would u rather for a BAGTHO?

theres heaps of rumours and opinions of what the next gtho will be, whether ford will strenghen the block to rev harder or strap on a supercharger ala north america. the supercharger has proven itself good for 375kw in the states, but apparently the supercharger restricts how quickly the engine can rev through its rev range. i personally would take the naturally aspirated over the supercharger and maybe do supercharging as aftermarket. what does everyone else think?

More horsepower sounds nice, and I agree naturally aspirated would be more in keeping with the theme. However, HO stood for Handling Option on the originals, so I reckon the BA should have stiffer suspension (The BA GT is a bit of a luxury-performance compromise apparently), lowered suspension, new wheels etc. Then it should be lightened though this is hard for such a low-volume car in such a small market, and considering Ford Australia's probably spent all its dosh on BA and E265.

Maybe new exhaust, and I'd like the engine to be a bit more aggressively tuned, with more revs etc. And some sort of visual distinction would be nice. I'd love to see it with a black carbonfibre hood, with bigger power bulge and/or vents... but that's just me, hehehe...

HO only stood for handling option to keep the media quiet, it did in reality stand for high output. the only major difference the HO had to the stnadard GT was a carb almost twice the size

nice 1
    Attached Images Attached Images

what size wheels would we want on this thing? theyd have to be bigger than 18's, and ford could probably put 9 inch wide rims of their own design or use spacers between the rims and suspension assembly. that would probably lead to a bodykit including fender flares to comply with ADR which might look awesome if done right

they have huge wheel arches so you'd probly want 19's on it, and something that has a wide lip, but not too wide!

19's would be nice, staying on par with what the hsv gts has, but people may ex[ect more, as the media first though the standard gt would have 20's

do u reckon they should come out with a falcon gtho and fairmont gtho?

Nah stick with the GTHO, yeah why shouldnt Ford stick a supercharger on it and put 18 inch wheels on it and a six speed if it does not already get one

i was thinking more like falcon based gtho and fairmont based gtho, they didnt exactly have to follow the naming i suggested, and theres no doubt the gtho's gunna get the zf 6 speed auto

yeah so it should, fairmonts more of a LTD type car they shopuld leave it how it is.

i wouldnt exactly say that, if ur thinking trim levels and such, the ltd is a level above the fairmont ghia and the fairlane ghia is kinda equal, but a bit longer

Ford need to look at a new motor or reviewing the stroke vs bore size of the existing motor. It really should rev harder. I personally would leave supercharging for aftermarket. Other than that it seems pretty good. Loose the stripes. If it is successful there should be no reason why FPV shouldnt do a "HSV" and expand the range with luxury, stripper, spec cars. The GT is well priced so they should have room to move. If HSV can ask 100 large for a GTS, Ford should be able to produce something to match it. It might force HSV to review their prices. Then maybe I can have one!
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

if u think 100 large for 300kw was bad, what did u think when it was 70 for 220kw

Its not entirely fair to judge as $ per kw. They are pretty sweet inside and they put a bit of effort into the outward appearance. Theres brakes and suspension as well. They are based on Berlina/Calais's too, but I take your point. The GenIII made the difference for power though at minimal cost.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information