Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Pro-Gun Laws Lobbyists...

It doesnt matter what laws are on the books, most people who commit violent crimes dont pop in to the local gun store and get one off the shelf. The guns they use are stolen (which makes them illegal) or banned by some other federal law (fully automatic). Most people who own guns are law abiding, yes even those who own handguns, so this whole "guns kill people" campaign is nothing more than a fear campaign to scare people who get there opinion from CNN. If guns kill people then flies cause garbage.
    Press hard, five copies...

Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman
    It doesnt matter what laws are on the books, most people who commit violent crimes dont pop in to the local gun store and get one off the shelf.
    Naturally you have all of the proof and statistics of every case to back up that little statement.
    The guns they use are stolen (which makes them illegal) or banned by some other federal law (fully automatic). Most people who own guns are law abiding,
    You know all these people! Name them.
    yes even those who own handguns, so this whole "guns kill people" campaign is nothing more than a fear campaign to scare people who get there opinion from CNN.
    The guy who killed Dimebag got his pistol given to him from his mom. HE was a schizo but mom wasnt so I guess the law just couldnt work in this case. Thats cause the laws can never assure nuts dont get guns.
    If guns kill people then flies cause garbage.
    No this thread does.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Naturally you have all of the proof and statistics of every case to back up that little statement.
    see australian bureau of criminal statistics. their stats support his point, they also told the government that a handgun buyback wouldn't affect criminals with guns. and yet the government went ahead with a handgun buyback rather than funding police forces

I finally found myself some good old US-cowboys in here.

Do you guys hunt with semi-automatic handguns?
    Cause i remember that they were made legal this year.
    As far as i can remember the law against those guns was in force since Clinton.

I really don't like Michael More cause what he's doing is far from being objective.
    But the American mentality with their right to bear waepons is just laughable!
    What the hell you need protection from? From the guns of you neighbour?
    From the "axis of evil"? You are afraid of an illusion you created yourself.

Keep it up John Wayne! Your time is not over yet!

Get a nuclear weapon an call it self defense!

I don't say that all people in the US are the same but this is the major
    impression and statistics speak for them selfes.
    Last edited by andy.muc; 12-23-2004 at 03:14 AM.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

i didn't know that people actually go hunting with handguns. whats wrong with using a rifle? besides, handgun ownership is very restricted. Andy, you live in germany, do you know if they still have magazines restricted to 3 rounds? thats one of the smarter ways to deal with semi-autos (if u need more than 3 shots...practice more).

I didn't say that people go hunting with handguns.
    Thats why i mentioned it. What you need a Uzi for?

magazines restricted to 3 rounds?
    Never heard of that. I doubt that the police force has to reload after 3 shots.
    And i also doubt, that the SEK (Sonder Einsatz Kommando) or the BGS (Bundes Grenz Schutz)
    have to reload their MP5s after 3 shots.

You only get the license to own a weapon if you really need it.
    Even if you want to have a rifle for hunting theres the possibility of about 85% that the officials decline your request.
    They can only use their rifles on privat ground if the hunting area was checked by officials thoroughly for a looooong time...

You can of course get a license to own a gun for "protection".
    I guess there are about 15 private persons in munich (1.4 Mio inhabitants) who have a license to own a weapon (not to carry it).
    Also these persons are only allowed to bring the gun an the magazine together when they are on one of the few shooting stands in germany
    (or if their life is in danger).

Another category are for example personal security companies.
    The sometimes get a license to even carry a gun in public.
    I've never seen a real gun in my life and that's something our society can be proud of.
    Last edited by andy.muc; 12-23-2004 at 03:58 AM.

the reason i ask is that i heard that after some shooting in germany the government restricted magazine capacity to 3 rounds for semi-auto rifles available for civilian purchase, not for police officers (sorry i thought it was fairly obvious).
    i live in australia, so some of our laws are similar (we can't carry weapons either, read my other posts on this thread). i did some research, handgun hunting is forbidden over here, but apparently has a large following in america.

I didn't hear anything about that 3 rounds restriction but it sound very founded.
    A hunter shouldn't need more than 3 shots i a row. We don't have dinosaurs in our forests.

the reason i took note of it was because i was wondering how your government ended up more intelligent than ours. we got this big knee-jerk reaction, which was reasonably effective, but cost 800million dollars.
    our government bought back all civilian owned semi-autos. ok, 10 points for reducing gun proliferation. -500 for then destroying the guns when they could have sold them back to america and recovered some of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    the reason i took note of it was because i was wondering how your government ended up more intelligent than ours.
    Is it really so hard to believe that the german government did something intelligent?
    We're not that stupid. Hitler died 1945 if that's what you mean.

My sister did an exchange of students with a school in California.
    When the American students came here there was an event here at our school
    where all the parents were invited.
    The American students had some questions prepared they asked infront of all the attendees.
    The first kid asked, if Hitler was reelected this year and the secon question was if there were many armed hostilities at the german-chinese border.

Of course this has nothing to do with Australia.

no no my point is that your government actually considered everyone and came to an intelligent solution, whereas ours screwed over 100,000 of its citizens in a bid to curry favour with the media and portions of the population. when i said i was wondering how your government ended up more intelligent than ours, i meant in the sense that i was looking to see what the hell went wrong with my government.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    see australian bureau of criminal statistics. their stats support his point, they also told the government that a handgun buyback wouldn't affect criminals with guns. and yet the government went ahead with a handgun buyback rather than funding police forces
    Yes but you can steal somenes legal gun. Less proliferation means less guns available to anyone.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

thats my point. there weren't that many handguns in australia to start of with, because thery're less practical than longarms. they did all the right things, such as provide proof you attend mininum 5 comps per year, and tighten storage security (to transport a handgun in a car you have to have a handgun safe firmly attached to the inside of your boot). it wasn't necessary to do a handgun buyback (i'm talking about the one just this year) on such a scale, esp. if their own bureau of statistics said it wont make a difference.

Thread Information