Thread: A Bit of A Problem....Very Irritating

A Bit of A Problem....Very Irritating

I've noticed that when I try to click on the links in the little blue bar like 'Quick Links' or 'Search' the menu that scrolls down gets caught behind advertisements. I suppose it must be like that in order to maintain a contract ie it can't be covered up. Wouter, is ther anyway it can be moved, like to the bottom or something so this doesn't happen? Here, take a look at what I mean....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Holy cow. What res are you running? 640x480? Well, if you could increase your resolution, that would make a big difference. The ad might not be over enough to cover those up if you are able to increase your res.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

800x600, my mom gets pissed it I change it.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

i run at 800 x 600 too, but no problems though....

ive got the same problem, im running on 1024x768 though

I have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    I've noticed that when I try to click on the links in the little blue bar like 'Quick Links' or 'Search' the menu that scrolls down gets caught behind advertisements. I suppose it must be like that in order to maintain a contract ie it can't be covered up. Wouter, is ther anyway it can be moved, like to the bottom or something so this doesn't happen? Here, take a look at what I mean....
    It is just sooooo simple, get a subscription and you can run any resolution without having to worry about advertisements because they are not there!!!
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Henk you just have to realise that not everyones going to get a subscription. Wouter should be able to help.

The problem doesn’t affect me personally, I running at 1280X1024

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    It is just sooooo simple, get a subscription and you can run any resolution without having to worry about advertisements because they are not there!!!
    way to plug the subscription henk
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    way to plug the subscription henk
    and I am not even getting paid for it.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Or you guys could download Mozilla/WinPatrol/SpyBot/AdAware/and a good pop-up blocker. The combination of these programs is deadly, spyware/popups will cringe at the site of you're computer if you download them, all free.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    I'm afraid there is little we can do about this, it has to do with the nature of the ads. Some of them use Flash technology, which seems to be incompatible with these drop down menus. I'll have Frank look at it to see if he can figure out a way to combat the problem.

Our apologies for the inconvinience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Or you guys could download Mozilla/WinPatrol/SpyBot/AdAware/and a good pop-up blocker. The combination of these programs is deadly, spyware/popups will cringe at the site of you're computer if you download them, all free.
    What are you trying to say, the exact same problem happens with Firefox. If you are implying that Ultimatecarpage.com is distributing spyware, then let this be your and all other member's final warning. We are very strict in not letting spyware sneak in and very successful to keep it out. Accusations of this nature will no longer be tolerated and in the future will result in a ban of at least one day.

Thanks for your consideration.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information