Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new european rules concernig pedestrian security

new european rules concernig pedestrian security

I read in this forum a couple of weeks that some very strick new pedestrian security rules were going to be inforced in europe. I also heard that some othese rules were going to Drasticallyt change the way we think of cars today.... I would like to know however what these rules exactly consist of
    anyone would more info on this, or some link that could be usefull... POST AWAY....
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

I've heard of these rules too, I just hope they don't totaly mess up the way cars look. That would be awfull!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

some cars are already quite pedestrian friendly and you would not note the difference. These rules are no doubt aimed at big ones, like trucks and sUV's. People who keep the cow catcher on in Europe obviously think they are in India.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I can imagine it's an attachment to...actually I can't, what is a cow catcher?
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    I can imagine it's an attachment to...actually I can't, what is a cow catcher?

Bull bar??
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I think he means the brush guards, usually the tubular attachment attached to the front of SUV's that hold the winch, protect headlights, etc. when off-roading
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    I think he means the brush guards, usually the tubular attachment attached to the front of SUV's that hold the winch, protect headlights, etc. when off-roading
    coorect, but I never saw a SUV with a winch

I tried 'automotive cow catcher' on google and didn't get any pics.
    Bull bars or brush guards, how would they protect pedestrians? Maybe, keep people from going under the car but seems ludicrous. Is there really an epidemic of people getting run over in Europe?

I tried 'automotive cow catcher' on google and didn't get any pics.
    Bull bars or brush guards, how would they protect pedestrians? Maybe, keep people from going under the car but seems ludicrous. Is there really an epidemic of people getting run over in Europe?
    It is just the opposite, in fact these things will be banned from the first of 2007 onwards

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    coorect, but I never saw a SUV with a winch
    Proof positive that they're poseurs who never off-road...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

It is just the opposite, in fact these things will be banned from the first of 2007 onwards
    Oh, I see. Makes sense, brushguards amount to little more than truck jewelry

Oh, I see. Makes sense, brushguards amount to little more than truck jewelry

I like the word brushguards, it is like brushing pedestrians aside as if they were nobodies.

Ironic, as the new Discovery is safer for pedestrians with the official Land Rover nudge bar than without.
    Thanks for all the fish

I like the word brushguards, it is like brushing pedestrians aside as if they were nobodies.
    maybe that's good if you're making a realty show movie, looks real when the car hit people.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I've heard of these rules too, I just hope they don't totaly mess up the way cars look. That would be awfull!!
    i think such rules are good. you dont wanna get hit by a car even if the car is beautiful, i mean, it is no use to have a good looking car if u're dead. maybe you wont hit anybody, but there's always some speed freaks out there who's driving like crazy. safety first!

Thread Information