Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    So after my "petrol incident" the nice AA folks wrote me a letter saying that if they had to come out to an more of our cars this year then I would be charged a £50 "penalty" for over-using the service !!! Yeah they don't tell you THAT in the small print. Easily solved ... now a member of a competing service
    That's really shocking! I bet you were spitting when you got that!
    I was going to go with Green Flag this year - shall be checking their small print.

G
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    Oscar Wilde

Classic Motoring Blog -
    http://classicmotoring.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by .M.
    I think if i don't mention anything in here im the idiot.

I know these guys that dont know shit about cars at all. These guys are as dumb as chicks when it comes down to it, kinda like look at the car but not the engine, or better yet, not know a thing or two about the car except that its good on gas. just dumb as shit (AND THEY ARE ALL TAKING ENGINEERING ON TOP OF IT ALL...I WISH I HAD THAT KIND OF CASH)

heres a word or two of advice when talking to these people: never try to teach nor discuss anything car related to two or more people like that.

if theyre 20 (or older...THEY EXIST) and dont know shit yet...too bad and too late, cause in the end youll be laughed at in a group setting when they think your being "too technical", or better yet "dont make sense" when they of all people should understand.

Especially when telling them that turbos are measured in psi and/or bar form and dont know what that is (or any other dumb ass explanation that you are trying to send theyre way-> such as why tire pressure is essential in everyday use especially in racing...FUC.KING IDIOTS)

just dont deal with that shit...ingnore it
    I didn't understand that either.

Bug Terminator truck races fellow motorists.

No more need be said...?

Just imagine a F-150 with a giant rubber roach on the roof racing through traffic and changing lanes wildly

A peep into his mind:
    *breaker-breaker: I've got all these pesky people on the freeway holding me up. I'll be over as soon as I can and "Raid" your bugs.*
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

I'd do the exact same thing if I was iin his situation, except I'd have a chase car filming my antics.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

I heard how a guy blew his turbo so he needed a new transmission the other day.

OCT 10,2006

IN REGARD TO INNOTECH 9/2005 E-MAIL, SAYING THAT "BUICK DID IT FIRST" I CONFIRM THAT GLASS ROOF IS A 1954 MASERATI CREATION FOR THE FIRST
    BIRDCAGE.

BUICK PATRIOT 1985 IS A BAD COPY OF FERRARI 330 P3 1966,OR OTHER PININFARINA, BERTONE,FISSORE,ZAGATO,VIGNALE,ALLEMANO,BUGATTI,
    GIUGGARO, GHIA,LAMBORGHINI ,CAR BUILDERS OR DESIGNERS

MASERATI DOES NOT build KITCARS,JUST REAL DEUX ET MACHINE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Its beautiful...but hardly original
    Innotech
    03-09-2005
    Buick did it first, as well as a standalone concept car called Patriot...and dont forget Sterling Kitcars. This roof design is thus not new, and the overall shape is nothing the Buick didnt do before with Wildcat in 85. However, I like the way Pininfarina executed this idea more than how the Buick Wildcat did it. This is much lower and meaner, more taught and aggressive. I like pretty much every car with this sort of roof design. Not original, but entirely exciting!
    Oh yes Pininfarina themselves did this same idea before with their Osee concept supercar.

Today a kid in school was saying how he could beat me in a street race in his mom's "V6" Toyota Prius hybrid because the electric motor is more responsive and accelerates faster than my Nissan 300ZXTT.
    I hate it when retarded people make stuff up to look like they know about cars just because their friends don't know any better and won't question them. It's really pathetic
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Can you post some pics of the 300ZX?

Quote Originally Posted by jump15vc
    I hate it when retarded people make stuff up to look like they know about cars just because their friends don't know any better and won't question them. It's really pathetic
    I feel the exact same way. This guy wants to buy a Lotus Elise because it's "sexy" and he's going to pimp it out by adding stuff like a navigation system. I tried to explain that the point of the Elise is to provide the purest driving experience, but he doesn't get it.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

whats wrong with buying it for its looks, its not like it looks japanese or anything. Sat Nav would be a great addition too, I thought they had it as standard/optional though.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

I was sitting in the library to today, and overheard to people talking while looking at a months old car mag. The first guy said some to the nature of: check out this Challenger, it has a 6.1L Hemi. The second responded with a brilliant: what does that mean? The first's response was: Oh, that means it hold 6.1L of gas in the engine. Let me point out that he is of the impression that gasoline is stored in the engine.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

It's technically correct, (Please correct me If i sound like a moron) but the 6.1 Litre Capacity refers to the amount of Air/Fuel Mix the Cylinders can hold.

So It's not that odd or stupid.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I think 6.1L refers to the swept volume of the engine, that is the volume between TDC and BDC which is slightly less than the total volume the cylinders can hold.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

displacement = bore x stroke x number of cylinders

so he was close to the right answer but not 100%, since the engine doesn't hold gas

-Kenny Powers

Thread Information