Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

I was at the Dallas Auto Show last year, I'm not surprised what idiots teens are these days. Too much ricer in them.
    I may be 17 (18 German time), but these guys the same age are morons.

I'm checking out this amazing changing color Panoz GTR-1 road car. The guy goes up with his buddy, and says, "Woah! What is that?" His buddy must be a person who think he knows it all. He says is, "It must be an old Porsche model." Buddy goes, "How do you know?" "Well, (He starts acting smart) its here in the Porsche section right? Its a Porsche GTR-1 powered by a 5.3 liter V10 at 6400RPM." Buddy goes "Wow, you know a lot."
    "Yep!"

Moron. Some guys actually asked me if he was right, and I told him, "Of course not. He didn't get the manufacturer even right. Its a Panoz."

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    sounds like ur being the ass here not him

i hate people who dont let others overtake, ****ing dumbasses, either let us pass or go slower
    oh, so i am sapposed to slow down because someone else is in a hurry. its not like i sped up, i was speeding, them wanting to go faster is not my problem. i dont get mad and pass if someone is driving too slow, i slow down. their not looking ahead to see that there was not enough room to pass is not my problem either. i dont have a problem in being passed, but i am not going to slow down to let someone, its not my fault they are late, or they just want to drive faster.
    pondering things

Less agression guys. Its easy to get pissed off but it can end in tears. These days you can get shot or bashed for not much. One orad I take each mornng has twoo lanes each way divided by a median strip. The speed limit is 60kmh (was70, was80). The latest unneeded tampering with our road rules means that on roads posted 60kmh you can travel in either left or right lanes. Most of the time on this road there is enough traffic that you can find yourself in the right hand lane for quite a while and while legal, courtesy dictates you keep left to let others less patient pass. Well this morning I was hanging out in the right lane as the driver next to me was unwilling to let me completely pass and I was unwilling to go any faster. I could see a PT Cruiser coming behind me (hates those dont we precious) and I new what was going to happen. There are a group of drivers that hunt right lane drivers. I fhtey see you there they must get behind you and tail gate you no matter what speed they had originally intended to travel at. This was one. Generally they will be females to 40/50 or younger guys (sorry gents).
    Anyway she is up my ass trying to push me along. Numb nuts next to me get momentarily held up by someone entering in front of him allowing me the chance to get back in the left (by the way we drive on the left here). I wont say I rushed back, perhaps being a little belligerent to tailgate Sally, but when there was enough room I indicated. This coincided with the baitch decided to make a run for it and changing lanes to pass me on the inside. Must have had something important on. Anyway I continued my move and she had to dodge back onto the right and proceed to let it have it. Which in the case of a PT Cruiser is not exactly awe inspiring. This type of thing goes on most days.
    Being on the road as a rep mellows you a bit as you realise all this angst about getting nowhere fast is a waste of blood pressure. Sure people piss me off but you cant afford to take em all on all the time.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    oh, so i am sapposed to slow down because someone else is in a hurry. its not like i sped up, i was speeding, them wanting to go faster is not my problem. i dont get mad and pass if someone is driving too slow, i slow down. their not looking ahead to see that there was not enough room to pass is not my problem either. i dont have a problem in being passed, but i am not going to slow down to let someone, its not my fault they are late, or they just want to drive faster.
    Yes, you are supposed to slow down a little if someone is trying to pass you, my mom got a ticket for not letting someone pass, she stayed a constant speed and the person couldn't get by her so the cop pulled both cars over, and gave my mom a ticket, the guy got a warning for speeding.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    If you walk into a Mclaren factory planning to steal something... STEAL THE CAR!!! What an idiot.
    maybe the kid was a ricer, hey a McLaren paintjob adds 100 HP

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    Yes, you are supposed to slow down a little if someone is trying to pass you, my mom got a ticket for not letting someone pass, she stayed a constant speed and the person couldn't get by her so the cop pulled both cars over, and gave my mom a ticket, the guy got a warning for speeding.
    well, regardless, i am still not going to slow down. not my choice for them to pass me, its their decision, their consequences to own. there are rules for the passing driver, you have to pay attention, they didnt. it was their fault they didnt see the car before, not mine.

i will not say i was completely right in this situation though. the things i did afterward may have been a bit immature, but they're done, i cant change them now.

my best friends dad is a trooper here in VA, im going to play paintball at his house next week, so i will check it with him bout the slowing down and what not

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    a McLaren paint job adds 100 HP
    thats funny
    Last edited by targa; 03-15-2005 at 06:49 PM.
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    DAMN, Was British sarcasm wasted again ? Methinks so.
    Sorry carlover, you need to read "John"s thread on the SLR colors ( or I'm just slow at realisng you HAD and DID get the j/k )
    I did... and know I bow down to coventry because he has, "insider info." on the colors of the SLR. What a thread...

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    from what u said b4 it sounded like u were deliberately speeding up so they couldnt remerge into the lane, and you quote "sped up to 90mph" braked and did a sharp left, thats reckless endangerment and probably disturbing the peace if u hit 90mph, you saw the oncoming car and made no effort to warn a fellow driver

When I was younger I used to think that removing the companys emblem from your car was illegal because of indentification puproses.

And once along time ago I thought that there was a peace sign on back of a car but it just turned out to be a mercedes.

Man was I stupid back then... (*prepares for barage of, "you still are"*)

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    And once along time ago I thought that there was a peace sign on back of a car but it just turned out to be a mercedes.
    Some hippies still do put peace signs on the back of their cars.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by Manik
    Some hippies still do put peace signs on the back of their cars.
    Like all those who are driving the venerable first generation Ford and Lotus Cortina's
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

i remember this video i watched this guy walked up to a dude with a riced out mustang and goes i bet that thing has 600 hp and he goes yep and then he says does that thing have the rotary engine and the guy with the stang goes yea it does

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1914337&page=1

This guy decided to paint his taillights while they were still on the car. Just so you know, it takes about 5 minutes to take out the tail lamps on a Golf... It's 3 bolts on each side.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I want all left lane drivers to die. Im not talking about people who slowly (very slowly by the way) pass others, but people who will sit in the left lane when noone else is in the right lane for miles. Here in Colorado, its extremely common to find people stupid enough that when you pass them they get back in the left lane, even though nobody at all was in the right lane in front of them. Why on earth why why why why would someone be so damn stupid. I'd like for them to drive in germany for day and get ticket up the ass for a thousand dollars for sitting in the left lane. Maybe theyd even cause a horrible accident (porche from behind having to swerve and all that) and kill themselves.

Just not in the UK, Japan, India, Australia and a numebr of other countries PLEASE
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information