Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: C6 Corvette VS 911 Carrera

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Not quite, and how am i being anal, whats with you and people being anal. Yes, i need a better explanation, thats not good enough. It was an example man, drop it.
    Look up any psych text on anal-retentive.
    It goes back to your childhood and affects your ability to interact.
    Study advised
    I accept POV just as anyone esle does, but agreeing and accepting are two different things, you seem to get things mixed up a lot. How do i get comfused about a car and its badge/name? Did i ever claim anything to be "new"? What are you trying to get at here?
    You've taken that SO literally you again miss the English meaning.
    That's a perfect text-book case of anal-retetive analysis of English.
    You should charge for providing psychology students with exmplaes they'll likely cite in their theses for years to come
    To simplify it into first grade English. The differences are small because anything in a car now is a rehgash of configurations used for decades. Some of us have lived through those decades and experienced them the first time round. Some haven't. The smart ones in the latter look to the experience of the earlier. "Stand on the shoulders of giants"
    All you do is buzz annoyingly around the dung pile
    I have no trouble accepting authority at all. But your not authority.
    I can and do cope with people who "dont back down." Actually i dont think that anyone has ever backed down from me, so your getting no where with this.
    BINGO>
    See I todl you that no one has backed down from you.
    AND you've grown up thinkgin that is a successful strategy.
    It isn't, it's selfish and ultimately self-defeating.
    To PROVE that to you I'd nee to introduce you to Greek philosophical methods and you woulnd't bother taking it on board coz it woudl be an 'education' your little brain would explode with :0
    What this approuch you ASSUME i have? The true approuch i have is facts, i find them, then disregard silly biased opinions.
    ahem, you've already said your FACTS come from magazines.
    So you ARE taking "silly biased opinions".
    "Facts" I've given you are either first hand or at most secodn hand experience over a time from BEFORE YOU WERE BORN.
    A time when I've moved from loving FWD, to AWD and now RWD.
    See, I've learned from some of the top British and International drivers. I've shared track time with them and had 1-1 training with them. The vid of part of my time with Tim Harvey is up on UCP for all to learn from about RWD on track racing. So do you call him "biased" or factual ? I can guess your answer because you can't accept that by meeting of minds a discourse advances. You're still waiting for me to back dsown and I warned you umpteen posts back that the time was NOW for you to be slapped around with reality till you desists from spreading BS on UCP and expecting everyone to "back down" from you.
    No, i dont feel as if i were being slaped, i feel more like im being bitched at by some opionated fat lady who wont shut up. She thinks that by using big word she sounds smarter, and wont down right admit to ever being wrong, or having a biased opinion.
    ooooh, "big words" ooooh "mummy, mummy, the big nasty man is confusing me with big words "

ROTFLMFAO

[QUOTE]Why do you keep comparing yourself to me? Are you trying to be a role model?[/.QUOTE]
    Nope, you keep trying to describe me, See it's called"getting your own medicine".
    You dont' liek it ?
    Well think of all the guys in forums who you've forced to "back down" by twisting words and side-tracking points till they "give in".
    makes you feel big ? It maybe did, but now you're not feeling so cocky and some truths are coming out in the responses you give and the wtirling you're doign because you can't cope with it.
    No, the difference between you and me are you assume i dont listen, and absorb information.
    erm, YOU agreed you don't, amte, I and every other reader can see it in your own words.
    Do you remember typing "read over" ?
    "Hoist by your own petard"

Sit down and shut up you're starting to look even MORE stupif ( and I thought THAT was impossible by now )

You assume at everything i do, and dont do. You take wild guesses that sound about right, and then state them as if they were facts.
    Give me the wild guesses.
    No guesses. it's called "interpolation" of wide experience.
    You better look that one up rather than "read over" it
    At least my informatino is based on practical lived experience.
    So I've a basis for claiming fact.
    Yours is based on what you've read and MORE IMPORTANTLY what you've chosen to "read over" and ignore. So you're actually the person carrying the most biased view because you instantly discount alternative opinion.
    And if you think you don't cite the evidence, cite it now or take the safer route and realise that you're wrong you're wrong about life, you're wrong about "leaf springs" you're wrong about attitude, hell man you're just a screwed up kid. better start saving for the therapy now
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Well I would say that I would rather have the Corvette than the Porsche. Although I like the Porsche I love the Corvette, so I would rather have it. So my opinion is partly biased and partly because the Corvette has better performance and a lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    Corvette has better performance and a lower price.
    'and a lower price' or 'FOR a lower price' ?

Is "Slicksitis" a contagious disease ?

See http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...2&postcount=41 a collective results from 12 editors ( mind you not that I consider that definitive ).
    BUT the 911 wins on all but ONE of the performance figs and the losing mornalised figure is only by 0.3 on the Skidpan.

BUT for the money if you want acceleration, power and a modicum of comfort and can walk away from the Porsche badge it's a deal.

It will be interesting to see how it sells in the UK.
    Back in 1991, Alpine brought out a car which beat the pants of the then current 911 in ALL tests and was 2000 pounds cheaper. Within 2 years they dropped the price by 10,000 pounds and a year later stopped production. Reason ? people STILL paid more for the badge
    Folks out for performance would still hold to the badge as better 'value'. Even a late re-marketing and removing all references to Renault didnt' save it. Clarkson tested the car and said it was the best and anyone woudl be stupid NOT to buy it - he often cites this as one of the oddest examples of his "predictive powers"
    Raises a Q which might alter sales, how well does a 'vette hold up pricewise ? I know the classics do well , but what about the moderns 2-5 years out ?

Given the nic, why not just get a Noble, keep MORE money in the bank and win hands-down
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I agree its always about more than numbers and sense when talking about 911's. Thats why theyve been around for 40 years. No other sports car has the looks, the history, the mechanical setup that makes a 911 a 911.
    And what does the Corvette have? A history which peaked in the 70's? The 911's get better with every generation, the Covettes just seem to get uglier (such a shame, the C3 'Vette is one of the best looking cars of all time. Period.) What does the Corvette have? Performance? Sure it does. Looks? No. Class? With an interior like that? Afraid not. Cutting edge technology? I think leaf springs speak for themselves.

911 wins hands down no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine

See http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...2&postcount=41 a collective results from 12 editors ( mind you not that I consider that definitive ).
    BUT the 911 wins on all but ONE of the performance figs and the losing mornalised figure is only by 0.3 on the Skidpan.

BUT for the money if you want acceleration, power and a modicum of comfort and can walk away from the Porsche badge it's a deal.

It will be interesting to see how it sells in the UK.
    Back in 1991, Alpine brought out a car which beat the pants of the then current 911 in ALL tests and was 2000 pounds cheaper. Within 2 years they dropped the price by 10,000 pounds and a year later stopped production. Reason ? people STILL paid more for the badge
    Folks out for performance would still hold to the badge as better 'value'. Even a late re-marketing and removing all references to Renault didnt' save it. Clarkson tested the car and said it was the best and anyone woudl be stupid NOT to buy it - he often cites this as one of the oddest examples of his "predictive powers"
    Raises a Q which might alter sales, how well does a 'vette hold up pricewise ? I know the classics do well , but what about the moderns 2-5 years out ?

Given the nic, why not just get a Noble, keep MORE money in the bank and win hands-down
    Geez...I'm sorry for stating my opinion. I don't want to get caught up in this arguement between you and Slicks.

Although I agree that getting a Noble would be better than getting either one, or both for that matter, of these cars.
    Last edited by aNOBLEman; 11-12-2004 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    Geez...I'm sorry for stating my opinion. I don't want to get caught up in this arguement between you and Slicks.
    It's OK, nobleman, the whole point of the post was to introduce the 'joke' ....
    Although I agree that getting a Noble would be better than getting either one, or both for that matter, of these cars.
    Which I'm glad you at least got the last bit
    Noble, one of the cars that woudl be on MY list.

Look up any psych text on anal-retentive.
    It goes back to your childhood and affects your ability to interact.
    Study advised
    Nothing out of the ordinary in my child hood. I just have to repeat myself numerous times to get my point across. You just seem to "read over" things.
    You've taken that SO literally you again miss the English meaning.
    That's a perfect text-book case of anal-retetive analysis of English.
    You should charge for providing psychology students with exmplaes they'll likely cite in their theses for years to come
    How am i supposed to take it, this is a car forum, why write in "hidden messages" when you could write literally and get the point across without confusion?

BINGO>
    See I todl you that no one has backed down from you.
    AND you've grown up thinkgin that is a successful strategy.
    It isn't, it's selfish and ultimately self-defeating.
    To PROVE that to you I'd nee to introduce you to Greek philosophical methods and you woulnd't bother taking it on board coz it woudl be an 'education' your little brain would explode with :0
    No, you specifically said
    "Everyoen else has backed down in your life and you think your approach is reasonable."
    BTW I have no "strategy" when talking to people on the internet.

ahem, you've already said your FACTS come from magazines.
    So you ARE taking "silly biased opinions".
    Are numbers "silly biased opinions"? No, an opinion is saying that car A is better than car B, a fact is saying that car A ran faster than car B. See facts have truth behind them, opinions are someones own personal thought. Looks like you need to grab a dictionary and follow your own advise.
    "Facts" I've given you are either first hand or at most secodn hand experience over a time from BEFORE YOU WERE BORN.
    And i told you, most of your "facts" are just opinions. Again, for example when i drove that RSX, i thought it was boring, that was my opinion, someone else might have found it exciting. Now saying that the RSX does 0-60 in X seconds is a fact, because there is proof.

A time when I've moved from loving FWD, to AWD and now RWD.
    See, I've learned from some of the top British and International drivers. I've shared track time with them and had 1-1 training with them. The vid of part of my time with Tim Harvey is up on UCP for all to learn from about RWD on track racing. So do you call him "biased" or factual ? I can guess your answer because you can't accept that by meeting of minds a discourse advances. You're still waiting for me to back dsown and I warned you umpteen posts back that the time was NOW for you to be slapped around with reality till you desists from spreading BS on UCP and expecting everyone to "back down" from you.[/quote]
    How to drive fast/ or well on a track can be factual information, im not denying that. I never said anything about you being biased when driving. And no, im not "waiting for you to back down", im having a conversation.

Why do you keep comparing yourself to me? Are you trying to be a role model?[/.QUOTE]
    Nope, you keep trying to describe me, See it's called"getting your own medicine".
    You dont' liek it ?
    Well think of all the guys in forums who you've forced to "back down" by twisting words and side-tracking points till they "give in".
    makes you feel big ? It maybe did, but now you're not feeling so cocky and some truths are coming out in the responses you give and the wtirling you're doign because you can't cope with it.
    I descibe you now? How much of this "medication" are you taking? This is why i have to repeat myself to you, i dont force ANYONE TO BACK DOWN. Can you read that clear enough? I never felt "cocky" and what are these "truths" coming out? You really need to stay away from that medication....
    erm, YOU agreed you don't, amte, I and every other reader can see it in your own words.
    Do you remember typing "read over" ?
    "Hoist by your own petard"

Sit down and shut up you're starting to look even MORE stupif ( and I thought THAT was impossible by now )
    How ironic, you spelt "stupid" wrong... There are no need for more insults, you just waisting your space to type.

Give me the wild guesses.
    No guesses. it's called "interpolation" of wide experience.
    You better look that one up rather than "read over" it
    At least my informatino is based on practical lived experience.
    So I've a basis for claiming fact.
    Yours is based on what you've read and MORE IMPORTANTLY what you've chosen to "read over" and ignore. So you're actually the person carrying the most biased view because you instantly discount alternative opinion.
    And if you think you don't cite the evidence, cite it now or take the safer route and realise that you're wrong you're wrong about life, you're wrong about "leaf springs" you're wrong about attitude, hell man you're just a screwed up kid. better start saving for the therapy now
    So by "interpolation" your inserting false information? Wow, well for once your right, im glad you see that.
    You informaion is based on experience great. People have good and bad experiences, and most of the time bad experiences with things lead people to belive that its always bad. You keep going by your "experiences", ill keep going by what the professionals say.
    Tell me, how am i "wrong about life, and attitude" are you being opinionated again? Sounds like it, i dont think that anyone has the right to tell anyone else is their "right" or "wrong" about life.

This is exacly why i call you biased. Why oh why would you go for the article that the porsche posts better times in that the corvette? Why not use the article that the thread was based on? Oh, i know because they got better times with both cars, and the corvette beat the 911 in just about everything. And you cant bare to accept that of course, right?
    So yes, it is AND a lower price.

Thats only in Europe though
    Here the noble (without engine and drivetrain) is $56K USD, and ive seen some fully assembled for about $90K USD.

Nothing out of the ordinary in my child hood. I just have to repeat myself numerous times to get my point across. You just seem to "read over" things.
    You know I stopped reading here because you're a stuck record.

YOU said you "read over" things and that's why you missed te information.
    I only reminded you that YOU SAID IT.

You admit (again) to "repeating things numerous times to get your point across".
    You've not learned that actually other people just think "what a tosser" and stop arguing or say "yeah, fine" to SHUT YOU UP.

You dont' LISTEN, you don't READ.
    ( Remember YOU said that, I only reminded you )

You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

aw damn, I will respond to the childish comments coaz you STILL need taken down
    How am i supposed to take it, this is a car forum, why write in "hidden messages" when you could write literally and get the point across without confusion?
    I've never written in hidden messages.
    I've always been open, frank and used English to describe and explain things.
    If you can't understand this it' snot my problem, I'm writing in high-school level English.
    it's the CONCEPTS you're missing, you need to educate yourself and rather thatn "REPEATING" learn that doing it right ONCE is better than wrong lots of times
    No, you specifically said
    BTW I have no "strategy" when talking to people on the internet.
    erm, just 10 lines aboce that you DID explain your life strategy - to keep repeating things.
    You don't even have the emotional intelligence to recognise your OWN BS
    You show your 'strategy', I've explained it as it's plainly visible to all who read your posts and yet you hide from it.
    You hide from facts YOU write about your style.
    Needing some helkp there, SLicks

Are numbers "silly biased opinions"? No, an opinion is saying that car A is better than car B, a fact is saying that car A ran faster than car B. See facts have truth behind them, opinions are someones own personal thought. Looks like you need to grab a dictionary and follow your own advise.
    A premise can only become a FACT when ALL variables have been removed to leave the ONE variable to be measured. Pointed out to you MANY times that's not possivbel. So they are all only a fact on the day and comparing them becomes a matter of opinion on how you include those other variables.
    I've spent time listing the many variables that affect published figures. Your response to those FACTS was to push your OPINION that European journos can't drive as well as US ones.
    So, tell me, who is sharing facts and who opinion ?
    erm, THAT WILL BE YOU Slicks.
    OWNED
    The numbers on the Car and Driver specs were normalised and are described as the opinoin of 12 editors. Shame you "read over" those bits and tassumed it was fact
    DOUBLY OWNED
    And i told you, most of your "facts" are just opinions. Again, for example when i drove that RSX, i thought it was boring, that was my opinion, someone else might have found it exciting. Now saying that the RSX does 0-60 in X seconds is a fact, because there is proof.
    Look up the word FACT in the dictionary.
    No, wait, you'll probably just "Read over" it
    FACT: Knowledge or information based on real occurrences

REAL OCCURENCES - or do I need to lok that up in a dictionary for you again.

How many times can a poster be OWNED in a single thread ??

How to drive fast/ or well on a track can be factual information, im not denying that. I never said anything about you being biased when driving. And no, im not "waiting for you to back down", im having a conversation.
    As you already said, Slicks, you're idea of conversation is you keep repeating the limited information you have ( and some of it biased with no personal justification ) and expect the other persons to miracoulously agree with erroneous and unknowledgable statements. I warned you that you're attitude had got the worm to turn and we were goign to expose you once and for all. AND you've done it for us by saying YOURSELF you "repeat". Plato would have loved having you 6000 years ago Don't know if he had DUNCE caps in his class.
    Learn to CONVERSE and you will find conversation more fruitful.
    Act the ass and keep repeating and trying to twist to justify you not having to back down and everyone jsut has a luagh at your expense.

I descibe you now? How much of this "medication" are you taking? This is why i have to repeat myself to you, i dont force ANYONE TO BACK DOWN. Can you read that clear enough?
    DID YOU READ IT BEFORE YOU TYPED IT ??
    So when do you stop repeating ?
    When the other person stops arguing the point with you.
    If that happens ALL the time then either you're a genius with direct experience of every design and service setup for every reace team in the world or your a BULL-SHITTER. The jury isn't out on this one

I never felt "cocky" and what are these "truths" coming out? You really need to stay away from that medication....
    You said at the start " I just have to repeat myself numerous times to get my point across." sorry kiddo THAT's cocky and you don't have the balls or dick-size to step up to the plate OWNED for the fourth time !!
    How ironic, you spelt "stupid" wrong... There are no need for more insults, you just waisting your space to type.
    ha-ha-ha-ha-
    I've told you before I didnt' SPELL it wrong I typed it wrong sue to my RSI.
    And when you chose to get high-and-nighty on spelling/typing it doesn't do well to screw up the spelling of WASTED Or maybe you didn't reac the spelling bee to learn the difference
    OWNED for the FIFTH TIME.
    MAN this is getting REAL embarrassing for you now.
    Hey, repeat 'waisting' to get your point across, come on man !!!!!!!
    So by "interpolation" your inserting false information? Wow, well for once your right, im glad you see that.
    Now I"m NOT bothering to look it up for you. Shame you've shown your stupidity again adn han't bothered to find out what interpolation means.
    Suggest you ask an adult to help you
    OWNED for the sixth time
    You informaion is based on experience great. People have good and bad experiences, and most of the time bad experiences with things lead people to belive that its always bad. You keep going by your "experiences", ill keep going by what the professionals say.
    Your choice, your loss.
    BTW, you should look back over my family history.
    We ran the Audi UK rally team. My brother bought it from Audi direct and operated it around the world for 4 years. GBM Rallysport.
    Professional is here and where it's at.
    And you're WAY wrong on the bad experiences analogy.
    Anyone who makes those experiences a part of their life and career cant' affort to brush bad into a corner. 'Bad' has to be explored and turned into 'good'. You don't have enough expereince of life and especially driving and setting up cars to grasp that. I suggest you take that one as written - or shut up for about 15 years and build the experience to know the difference.
    Oh, and interesting you "go by the professionals" and yet disown European journalists experiences. So just shown that in FACT you DO NOT go by professionals you go by the professionals who are saying what you want to hear.
    OWNED FOR THE SEVENTH TIME
    Tell me, how am i "wrong about life, and attitude" are you being opinionated again? Sounds like it, i dont think that anyone has the right to tell anyone else is their "right" or "wrong" about life.
    I don't need to tell you, Slicks, you told yourself it at the start of the thread.
    YOU in fact agreed with MY LONG DISTANCE ANALYSIS of your personality.
    I'm pretty impressed I nailed it THAT accurate.
    You were being 'advise' on right and wrong.
    You dont' think you need to change.
    Your own posts give the evidence you do.
    Anyone who doesn't change to interact socially better each time they engage isn't reaching their potential.
    You happy to stay dumb-ass is a shame but IS your choice.

DAMN, I was hoping to get you OWNED at least 10 times in this post.
    Guess I'll stick with 8 .......

OWNED

Thats only in Europe though
    Here the noble (without engine and drivetrain) is $56K USD, and ive seen some fully assembled for about $90K USD.
    Hey you might ACTUALLY be getting the point Slicks.

You wanted to ignore the price differential for 'vetts in Europe.

and yet now you want to claim tit for the Noble.

So, what you SHOUDL say is IN THE US when you post yourt biased opinions.
    You're in an international forum.
    You need to stop thinking backyard and go global, man

OWNED for the ninth time - I'm determined to get to 10

EDIT: oh ,yeah, sorry I quoted the article which had 12 PROFESSIONALS SCORING the cars rather than the ONE in the original. I kinda assumed you'd accept that 12 woudl be 12 times more accurate than 1 Ah well, maybe not

OWNED

Chill out guys

Matra, I thought you were supposed to be a respectable, mature moderator.
    Many of these posts are coming across as childish and silly.
    Thanks for all the fish

I think he just needs to get laid!

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I was hoping someone would get the use of COmic Sans reference, well done Coventry
    Matra, I thought you were supposed to be a respectable, mature moderator.
    Many of these posts are coming across as childish and silly.
    Sorry, Coventry, just trying to get Slicks to realise his 'abuse' of more junior posters isn't fair game.
    I've pointed it out nice and reasonably a few times.
    Warned him to stop trying to always 'score points' by misquoting and ignoring inputs others give. It was in response to OTHERS backing down in face of his repetition and obfuscation that I "took him on".
    It's fun to put the village idiot in the stocks and throw the rotten fruit and vegs every so often.

If it makes others realise NOT to take Slicks on first read and to realise that he won't read others posts anyway it can help others in responding in any of his threads.
    Yep, looks childish coz I've lowered myself to his level
    Seen the difference on how a kindergarten teacher and a university lecturer talk to their students ? The kindergarten teacher has to act 'childish' to get the lesson over
    Sorry if it's too distracting, we've pretty much kept it in this and one other thread,

If it's upsetting, just consider it a real-time Monty Python sketch - j/k

Thread Information