Thread: makes you think

makes you think

so anyway i was up last night till 3 in the morning watching movies.

have any of you seen either requiem of a dream or donnie darko?
    those two movies are in my opinion, extremely philosophical and horrifying, and are officially on my top two list.

haven't seen them...

but I've heard nothing but good things about them. Oh and I heard Jennifer Connely gets naked in Requiem, that's worth a viewing right there.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Quote Originally Posted by more-boost1555
    Oh and I heard Jennifer Connely gets naked in Requiem, that's worth a viewing right there.
    yeah but its not in a good way, when you see the movie you really wish she wouldn't because its so horrifying, so wrong

You guys should see "Once Upon A Time In America" I love this move...
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    so anyway i was up last night till 3 in the morning watching movies.

have any of you seen either requiem of a dream or donnie darko?
    those two movies are in my opinion, extremely philosophical and horrifying, and are officially on my top two list.
    I believe those two movies were on the top 100 scariest movies, they were raving about Donnie Darko and his insane psychological methods. I'll check them out some time.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Donnie Darko scary?

Strange, but far from scary.
    Thanks for all the fish

both movies are fantastic. donnie darko isn't really scary but more of a headspin. and requiem, well it is very confronting and hard hitting...
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

Seen Donnie Darko lucky it was a free copy
    Not one of my favs there.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Not one of my favs there.
    thats too bad... both of these movies are undeniably unique. Unlike most movies where the antagonist, or anti-hero, is an actual living, breathing, something whether a person or a monster, these two movies have antagonists that are abstract concepts.

in requiem, the characters all have the same thing in common. they are gentle people who have nothing to hold onto. When opportunity, however sly it is like the telemarketing scheme or blow, knocks all of the characters hold on to that shred of happiness. Since there is nothing else in their lives they become addicted. And the consequences of that are absolutely horrifying. so its evident that the antagonist in this movie is simply addiction. all of the characters are tragic heros who fall in their misery and never get up. no happy ending.

in donnie darko, the antagonist is inside donnie. the bunny? thats a memory. Donnie was right in the movie, he said that he could control time. the movie doesnt explain how he opens up wormholes, but that really doesnt matter. again, the bunny isnt really anything but a memory that hasnt taken place yet. when the jet engine falls the first time, donnie recieves this memory through the portal, unconciously, and gets out of the way just in time, no pun intended. this is so that he can actually open the portal in the first place, in the near future, and open the portal so that he could seal his own fate by causing the jet engine to kill himself. hoo. In the movie, donnie is fighting over himself and his fate. 12 o clock that night before the engine smacks donnie is given a choice, to accept his fate or move on. it isnt until much later that when donnie thinks unconciously he has evaded fate, he has done nothing but follow it. so the tragic hero is donnie, who falls into fate's hands, proving to all of us that we are only too human.

these are just some of my opinions, i dunno why i threw them out here, but hey shit happens.

http://www.blockbuster.com/search/Pe...hAction.action

Blockbuster seams to have the two movies. I only rent movies, and buy the ones that I really like, and know I will want to view multiple times in the future.

I'm not into modern horror movies, they are just to cheesy to me. This sound interesting though, may rent it in two days.
    The wind that blows in the Andes.

Havent seen requiem but Donnie Darko was a good movie, Huge Head trip. i liked it.
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information