View Poll Results: would you like a bikers forum?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

13 28.89%
  • no

32 71.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To all members!

To all members!

i was thinking about how this site is so great( great info, great pics, great people in the forums) and i reallised there is really only one thing missing... bikes! at least someone could make a "bikers forum" under manufacturer forums. good idea, bad idea? dont care?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

I think most people are going to say, "this is ultimatecarpage.com, not ultimatemotorcyclepage.com".
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

I'm undecided.

It wouldn't bother me, I don't know hardly anything about bikes, so I could see it as a learning experience since I'm into motorcycles.

Speaking of them, I saw a Ducatti 996 the other day; I drove by it, and it turned the corner from a standstill and flew past me...my point, bikes are fast
    The wind that blows in the Andes.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    I think most people are going to say, "this is ultimatecarpage.com, not ultimatemotorcyclepage.com".
    i see your point , and thats why suggested the forum thing instead of doing a poll about the whole site.
    GO HABS GO!

yes the ducati is one fine bike! have you by any chance seen the desmodecci?(dont know if i spelled it right, to lazy to go check) now THAT is an awsome bike!
    GO HABS GO!

I agree... If you want to discuss bikes, go to a bike forum- this is the ultimate CAR page.

this site is driven by its main page, which clearly is developed as a car oriented site, and is not focusing on motorcycles. It would require also a covering of motorcycles in the same way, including an extensive database, as cars, which overstress the capabilities (and probably interests) of the CEO. Of course you can always talk about motorcycles as a separate thread, but it will never become a main issue.
    For consolation here a few interesting bikes anyway taken during the Goodwood FoS 2002.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I love the idea, as I'm a huge Moto GP and motorcycle racing fan.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Matt

This is ultimatecarpage.com, not ultimatemotorcyclepage.com.

The thing with those Vespas is allready too much for a car forum!
    Don't know who's idea it was!
    Last edited by McReis; 11-03-2004 at 03:50 AM.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

dude, his is a car site and a car forum, we ae to just ba car releated, if you want a bike forum, go to a bike website.

I wouldnt have a problem with it so long as Wouter was all for it and it wasnt too much of a strain for the forums and database to keep up with it.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    dude, his is a car site and a car forum, we ae to just ba car releated, if you want a bike forum, go to a bike website.
    this is a car website not a spam website j/K

but i like the idea of a new bike forum ....
    Fun is not a straight line

UCP's only lancia lover ....

it is a nice idea, but this is a car forum!!! if we start discussing the bikes, we should also do scooters, and lawnmowers and everything else with an engine and wheels...

You know what... I wouldn't mind... I once harshly told off Hayabusa (he is a member btw not the bike) when he mentioned something about bikes becos for some reason I didn't like his attitude... but ya as long as the administrators are cool with it I wouldn't mind...
    lol... Drakkie... we talk about minivans, trucks and other random stuff anyway on this 'car' page... I don't know sh!+ about lawnmowers tho...
    btw... one of my uncles in Sri Lanka owns one of two BMW bikes that was brought to Sri Lanka in the days of Hitler... it is hell old but he has completely repaired it and is in working condition... many collectors from all over the world has tried to buy it off him... he aint budging though... and it has also been in many bike shows all around the world... such a piece of art...
    Alright brain... you don't like me and I don't like you... but lets just do this...

I wouldn't mind. I just wonder how many of our members are also into bikes. I like em' but don't love em' like I do cars. I've always wanted a HD 883 Sportser, I'll get one sometime, but it's not a priority for me.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Thread Information