Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: HALO 2!!!!! ITS....not very good....

talking about graphics between a console and a PC is pointless, with a good enough graphic card a PC can do 1080p(thats 1920x1080 Progressive scan, 16:9 aspect ratio) on a HDTV(when the best Xbox can do is 720), good for playing game, movies, or even doing your homework(something console couldn't do...nor meant to, more like the otherway around...lol). Xbox's technology is like what, 5 years old PC technology now? of course its not going to be anywhere near PC's level, and PS2 is even further back....

It is always tempting for me to get a console to play those illusive title like the Gran Turismo series or Froza when it comes out, I mean nowadays it costs nothing. But just the other day I was playing my friend's PS2, and I find staring at that kind of graphic quality intolerable.....I am just going to blow my dough on a better graphic card for my PC instead....

meh ive played GT : prologue, the graphics are cutouts, look closely, not really 3d but they are postcard qulity, for raw, unequalled graphical beauty id say burnout 3 or PGR2
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

The RPG idea isn't likely, we've already established on one of the Aussie threads that 3rd Person gives the best sense of depth in a game. Hence the reason all RPG's use it, the entire point of the game is about depth

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    "medal-of-honor type game"

lmfao, halo 2 is not a linear, corridor shooter with a plethora of scripeted events, more like open ended battle sequences fighting along with marines and so on,
    i admit the hype was 2 much for halo 2 but in the end i think it paid off, every site reviewing it has given it toppo scores, and i myself give it a 9.5 out of 10, not perfect. The only game that was ever perfect for the time at which it came out was Perfect Dark, it was the most perfect game of the N64 era.
    i wasn't talking specifically about medal of honor, i was just trying to think of an average fps. halo 2 is definitely linear, and did have awesome features, but the overall feel wasn't that great(especially after some of the hype and teaser trailers).
    and perfect dark kicked ass

halo 2 is not linear, geez, ok the last warthog mission was but for the rest it was mainly open ended.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

its not like the game gave u much freedom to explore it was pretty much 'defend this, get to this'. i would have preferred they put all the new features into the original. maybe some sort of halo anniversary edition

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferous
    The RPG idea isn't likely, we've already established on one of the Aussie threads that 3rd Person gives the best sense of depth in a game. Hence the reason all RPG's use it, the entire point of the game is about depth
    for me it doesnt. i feel like im far away and just controlling a character rather than actually being that character.
    halo 2 - november 9

I find that FPS just look like a carboard cutout in front of the screen, no matter how 3D the gun is. 3rd Person feels more immersive because you actually have peripheral vision, something which you just can't put into a FPS

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferous
    I find that FPS just look like a carboard cutout in front of the screen, no matter how 3D the gun is. 3rd Person feels more immersive because you actually have peripheral vision, something which you just can't put into a FPS
    thats something that is starting to happen with a few games. having dual monitors. forza motorsport, although its a racing game, has the ability to use 3 monitors at a time to give peripheral vision.

and 3rd person really isnt peripheral vision anyway, the camera is just further back, giving the impression of peripheral vision.
    halo 2 - november 9

No, I'd count it as actual peripheral vision. I suppose the problem is that you can sometimes see behind in 3rd Persons and aiming is a bit harder because your aiming from a lower point, but I like it better.

one thing id like to say about the ending for halo2. all you people who say its disapointing......i bet after you have played thru the whole plot, after the halo series is over, youll be saying "ok, yeah, it was kind of an abrupt ending, but it was a good spot to end it" thats true, it was a good spot, just after a main action series part of the game ended, and right before another one begins. your just annoyed cause you cant[B] play thru after that part, and you just want a reason to not like that.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    I agree the WWII theme has been done to death, but developers are getting smart now, have a look at Call of Duty, that is one hell of a game, u actually feel like ur in with a group of otha yanks or russians fighting the nazis, not some lone soldier.
    COD is my fav pc game right now and fav war game. I'm not sure though if I'm going to by Finest Hour, is that any good?

i've played a few hours of multiplayer so far on halo 2, i like it a lot, it seems a lot better than the first. My friend said he beat the single player in 11 hours though.
    When is Forza Motorsport coming out or has it already?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

11 hours first time in halo2? thats not bad. the halo games dont exactly have the longest single player, and halo2s is only slightly longer then halo1s. 10-12 hours sounds about right. tell me how many weeks it takes him to beat it on legendary tho (its self slaughter)
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Guys, you haven't explored the true depths of the game unless you've played it online.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information