Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAZDA to make the RX-7 again?(prolly in the UK)

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    i thought the next MX-5 was going to use just things like the suspension etc rather than most of the platform, unless thats what you meant by modified
    From what I remember reading in a recent mag article, it's more than just suspension. I wondered how monocoque structures can be shared anyway? Suspension pickup points and general design seem reusable but how would you take a 110 inch RX-8 platform and make it suitable to a 90" MX-5. Maybe it is just the front suspension sub-assembly?
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

I would love to see this car revived. The last RX-7 is one of my favorite sportscars from Japan, so hopefully a new one will come to production. A SWB RX-8 with the Renesis and sharper styling sounds great to me, and the possibility of a turbo Mazdaspeed version is great as well.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

can anyone back up what they're saying? this seems a lot like bloated misconceptions...

it'd be nice for the 7 to come back, but i personally don't think its going to happen. mazda hasnt said anything so we cant really assume anything either.
    I talked to a guy at the boston auto show about the rx8. he was explaining to a crowd the mazdaspeed version of the rx8 which will hit us shores sometime within a year. he said what we all knew already, that it will be a lowered supercharged version. I asked him why supercharging and not a screaming turbo, he couldnt answer. (this sounds familiar to me.. before things turned for the worst supercharging? )

however, for all those in north america, there was some interesting information that he was quite honest about (although he was a bumbling fool, i dont think he was lying)
    mazda is apparently planning a coupe version without the suicides and a roadster version. apparently mazda wants to change the design too, by creating a more swept back rear and lowered front, adding more curves.

for anyone who cares i found this if you want to know a little about rotor racing

would be neat if they got some designe "help" by "VeilSide", "Blitz" or "Top Secret"

love the RX7 with 16 Bar Turbo by VeilSide, it totaly kicks ass

Thread Information