Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: News Flash! - 2005 GTO 427

Originally posted by Falcon500
    the problem there are no other prototypes
    Do you know that for a fact?
    If they can race the 427 under some 'category' - who wouldn't try and build another one or two - the parts are readily available.

Originally posted by BiTurbo
    Do you know that for a fact?
    If they can race the 427 under some 'category' - who wouldn't try and build another one or two - the parts are readily available.
    Garry rodgers motorsport the builder of the vehicals I dont think procar,garry rodgers motorsport,holden or CAMs would allow for another car to be built they all have big stakes in the car and they promised not to build any more. And as for that car built by that starr bloke from what i hear hes goingto build somthing similar but cant call it a 427 moaro due to leagal reasons. And the parts are radily avaible eh? what about the specialty carbon fibre pannels built in house by garry rodgers motor sport? what about the hollinger centrifical gearbox? even the carbon fibre fluteson the throttle body were hand mande i wouldent think most of those parts would be radily avalible. Although the ford 9inch diff is very readily avilbe

All I can say is that a Saleen S7R or a good McLaren F1 GTR would wipe the floor with that piece of crap
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

what about the specialty carbon fibre pannels built in house by garry rodgers motor sport? what about the hollinger centrifical gearbox? even the carbon fibre fluteson the throttle body were hand mande i wouldent think most of those parts would be radily avalible. Although the ford 9inch diff is very readily avilbe
    I don't think you know what 'carbon fibre' is - send me something you'd like made in carbon fibre. (I can't get it made before Xmas because the glass shop is closed till the 19th Jan 2004)
    I thought they couldn't use the sequential box - I think they could find one equally as good - maybe the Audi gearboxes they use in GT40's.
    Gee a Ford 9" - been there, done that - had one with three other mates in a ex-police GT Cortina with a 327 chevy/turbo 400.

Originally posted by DwZX35
    All I can say is that a Saleen S7R or a good McLaren F1 GTR would wipe the floor with that piece of crap
    Thanks for your input *coughretardcough*

its another class being raced between the red monaro and the yellow one

Originally posted by DwZX35
    All I can say is an Ferrari F2003-GA would beat those peices of crap. Wanker.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I don't think you know what 'carbon fibre' is - send me something you'd like made in carbon fibre. (I can't get it made before Xmas because the glass shop is closed till the 19th Jan 2004)
    I thought they couldn't use the sequential box - I think they could find one equally as good - maybe the Audi gearboxes they use in GT40's.
    Gee a Ford 9" - been there, done that - had one with three other mates in a ex-police GT Cortina with a 327 chevy/turbo 400.
    I done an engiering subjegt on the shit i know what it is but it was built in conjunction of holdens plans making GRMS job a hell of a lot easier.
    They can use a sequential gearbox its not a touring car (avesco and cams deemed them illeagal for australian touring cars) they would have to find a replacement as the hollenger box is a dog box which allows them to survive being flat shifted and not very suitable for the road.
    well garry rodgers has been there and done that too using the ford item in your beloved 427.

this thread's gettin out of hand

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    this thread's gettin out of hand
    Why -
    this is what it's supposed to be like - isn't it?

no one seems to be able to agree on how the 427 is actually allowed to race, how easy it is to campaign one, whether its a prototype race car or not etc. thats how its getting out of hand

Well a lot of people have selective hearing about the car and as a fact only hear what they want to hear and nearly all others dont follow the catigory (where i do) they had quite a few technical pull downs of sections of the car and while interesting you begin to find out that nearly every single peice is from a v8 super car or a c5r corvette compared to technical pull downs of other cars where you find out that most of them run everything the same as the road going cars all other cars in the field run blue printed motors, practiacally the same suspension set up as the road going version (i take you back to anthony tratts car when he damged the suspension in his lmabo he had to borrow some off a customers car and was still lapping at the same speed) the car is not really built in the spirit of the the catigory even that super touror in the invitational class (F) of the 24 hour race contained more holden peices then the 427 monaro.

Well a lot of people have selective hearing
    car is not really built in the spirit of the the catigory even that super touror in the invitational class (F) of the 24 hour race contained more holden peices then the 427 monaro.
    B...sh...t
    You 'falcon' children are grasping and straws and excuses - of course you can get away with a road car part if the f........g road car costs $300K plus -
    you dummies.

B...sh...t
    You 'falcon' children are grasping and straws and excuses - of course you can get away with a road car part if the f........g road car costs $300K plus -
    you dummies.
    If there was a road going car you dummy.
    The supertourer that came 13th in the race had a stock block ran a modified stock suspension and contained no carbon fibre. It is basicly what a commadore would look like if the group A international rules kept going It was even fully hamoliglated. How is that grasping for straws? it was more holden then just the badge and the way it looks i think you are running out of things to say all considering you have rarely made any valid points.
    And what makes you think the americans will be interested in a 427 monaro? all considering their c-5r which is eesentially the father to this car is lighter,has better aerodynamics and is a much stiffer car not to mention much cheaper to an american and better looking.

If there was a road going car you dummy.
    The supertourer that came 13th in the race had a stock block ran a modified stock suspension and contained no carbon fibre. It is basicly what a commadore would look like if the group A international rules kept going It was even fully hamoliglated. How is that grasping for straws? it was more holden then just the badge and the way it looks i think you are running out of things to say all considering you have rarely made any valid points.
    And what makes you think the americans will be interested in a 427 monaro? all considering their c-5r which is eesentially the father to this car is lighter,has better aerodynamics and is a much stiffer car not to mention much cheaper to an american and better looking.
    Didn't YOU say this -
    "(i take you back to anthony tratts car when he damged the suspension in his lmabo he had to borrow some off a customers car and was still lapping at the same speed)"
    As GM IS Holden, we think the car is 'every bit' a GM Holden.
    I don't need to counter every infinitesimal point you kiddies make - we won! - you have to prove we didn't.
    Don't you think the American's would love a four seat 'vette' - I know they would.
    BTW I think the 'vette is the 'best value for money' sports car in the world - nothing out there can pull 1.0g plus and cost under $US50K.

Thread Information